MSEP to Return to WDW for 50th Celebration?

Imagineerwannabe

Original Poster
So this might be a bit 'Jim' of me to mention...so ill tread carefully...

MSEP to return to MK for the 50th?

Could see a big hype and news announcement over it and this is why its still being maintained and has been on a limited run again at DL - As in, its not being scrapped at this stage and is being maintained in show-ready condition, there was no news of a 'new' Night parade coming (and nothing mentioned in Ents. for a replacement coming)

brb1006

Is it still? Deepest apologies. 😂
Yes, most WDW fans are still angry and upset about how WDW handled "Summer Nightastic 2010". Spectromagic during it's final years just had a minor update (The Spectromen were given brighter costumes and hats) and fans hoped it would return in better shape after MSEP finished it's planned Summer only run in 2010.

Even it's final showing had fans excited for it's planned return.

Since MSEP stuck around much longer, Spectromagic was left to rot and unfixable. Once MSEP finally moved back to DL, WDW was stuck without an electrical parade for now. WDW fans were actually expectign an electrical parade announcement after "Magic Happens" was shown off at D23 2019.

prberk

OMG that old thing! PLEASE No! I would gladly accept Spectromagic, but we all know it was destroyed and disposed of...
A world class creative entertainment company that is uber successful, cannot design and turn around a new light parade in 10 or 12 years... That is pretty sad.
I hope not.
Much rather see Spectro Magic but apparently they sold off/destroyed those floats...

Not like they couldn't rebuild it, even better. Bringing back SpectroMagic wouldn't be hard, and it would still go well.

I mean they act like it would be as impossible as asking a media company to rebuild The Brady Bunch set in a real house or something... oh, wait a minute...

TrainsOfDisney

I bought a ticket to DL this autumn just for MSEP. ♡

It was glorious. Everybody in the park loved it too.

I enjoy seeing it in Disneyland, I watched it this summer and smiled the whole time.

In Disney World it doesn’t really fit... it seems old and out of place at MK. It seems charming and in place at Disneyland.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Not like they couldn't rebuild it, even better. Bringing back SpectroMagic wouldn't be hard, and it would still go well.

I mean they act like it would be as impossible as asking a media company to rebuild The Brady Bunch set in a real house or something... oh, wait a minute...

Why spend $$ on rebuilding a former parade instead of using that money to create a new one? I'm all for nostalgia but rebuilding Spectro would be a huge waste of money.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom