MSEP coming to Orlando?

jrhwdw

Sigh! Don't get me wrong, I'd love for this 2016 Fiasco to FINALLY be over!!! However, here we go again! Everything sounds good from Disney Fan Sites but it's never true until DPB confirms it or better yet something actually shows up on WDW's Calendar!!

I will admit that the thing that's odder than PTN is no clear date for DL's MSEP. When MK lost it, DL started it right up in Jan 2017. We know DL is not interested in MH right now. You would think they would try for Jan 2022. Of course, MSEP's 50th isn't till June but would DL leave Main Street that quiet till Memorial Weekend at the Earliest ? It's happened before I know, but still....

Squishy

Sigh! Don't get me wrong, I'd love for this 2016 Fiasco to FINALLY be over!!! However, here we go again! Everything sounds good from Disney Fan Sites but it's never true until DPB confirms it or better yet something actually shows up on WDW's Calendar!!

I will admit that the thing that's odder than PTN is no clear date for DL's MSEP. When MK lost it, DL started it right up in Jan 2017. We know DL is not interested in MH right now. You would think they would try for Jan 2022. Of course, MSEP's 50th isn't till June but would DL leave Main Street that quiet till Memorial Weekend at the Earliest ? It's happened before I know, but still....
Was thinking they might be wanting to see how things play out this holiday season in terms of covid and money.

TTA94

That was my suspicion to that they were not ready yet to announce this. No other events coming up I don’t where announcements would be made, so maybe it will be on a random day in a Disney parks blog post?
I said this in the other thread to that it would be nice if a insider on here could give us at least a hint if this truly is still in the works, or was never true to begin with.

jrhwdw

Wanted to add that, maybe WDW is still deciding on Parks?? With F! and its update confirmed for 2022, does DHS really need PTN for 2022?? Plus, with DHS' F! annd Parade Route so close, closer thsan DL's ROA and MSEP I think? Crowds at DHS might not work?

doctornick

One thing in terms of parade timing is that they are pretty staffing intensive in terms of entertainment cast, right? So one reason for uncertainty could be due to seeing how well entertainment hiring is doing. Given the pool of potential talent in Florida, I could see that being an issue especially if they are committed to getting FoF and F! running in the nearer term. maybe @drew81 or someone knowledgeably about entertainment CMs could provide insight.

That being said, if they were committed to PTN coming to WDW - and I'm skeptical - then they could have announced it with vague timelines. As is, I'm sure it's at best just up in the air and likely to not happen.

mm52200

One thing in terms of parade timing is that they are pretty staffing intensive in terms of entertainment cast, right? So one reason for uncertainty could be due to seeing how well entertainment hiring is doing. Given the pool of potential talent in Florida, I could see that being an issue especially if they are committed to getting FoF and F! running in the nearer term. maybe @drew81 or someone knowledgeably about entertainment CMs could provide insight.

That being said, if they were committed to PTN coming to WDW - and I'm skeptical - then they could have announced it with vague timelines. As is, I'm sure it's at best just up in the air and likely to not happen.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. There’s no shortage of entertainment cast waiting for a callback. Hundreds still on displacement and waiting on a callback after being laid off. They’re ready to go at a moments notice, the company just is trying to get by on the bare minimum staffing still.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom