MSEP coming to Orlando?

ToTBellHop

Woah oh oh.
I think it’s a smart move. Don’t know what took them so long! WDW needs something new the invigorate the 50th and they have a parade to send over. It’s a no-brainer. I haven’t heard if it’s MK or DHS, though. I had said previously that DHS makes the most sense and that is, indeed, the most-likely option. It’s also a better thematic fit. Its energy is perfect DHS but would clash with MK’s typical feel.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I think it’s a smart move. Don’t know what took them so long! WDW needs something new the invigorate the 50th and they have a parade to send over. It’s a no-brainer. I haven’t heard if it’s MK or DHS, though. I had said previously that DHS makes the most sense and that is, indeed, the most-likely option. It’s also a better thematic fit. Its energy is perfect DHS but would clash with MK’s typical feel.
5pectr0magic confirmed.

jrhwdw

Boom. Seriously, just happy that WDW will be getting a night parade, regardless of park. I do hope Main Street gets one again someday though. Was it you who hinted that the proposed and cancelled 50th parade would have been Tripping a little light?
Is the Rumor finally strong enough this time?!?!?! I would prefer it in MK since I'm old school but, DHS does make sense if F! won't be coming back for a while. In a perfect world, DHS would shock us with PTN for Christmas Week! Since there's(as of now)no Bell, BAM! and Sunset Seasons seems a lot more spaced out this year. How often does it play anyway? Watched/Rode TOT on a YT Stream last night and not 1 hint of Sunset Seasons. Just TOT Beacon Of Magic with Snow.

TTA94

Have you heard of a time frame when this might happen?

RSoxNo1

Question is how quick can PTN get to WDW?? Unless it's already backstage here and people missed it?

Might we here about F!/WOC at DLR as well at D23? What's holding those up?

Well using Google Maps "walking" directions, it says 844 hours. I can't imagine it's going to go much more than 4 MPH across the country.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I think that's a violation of the Jones Act.

Not if it's a US flagged/crewed vessel, but it'd be expensive AF.

Wouldn’t they put the floats on cargo ships and ship them that way for most of the journey?

They'd ship them by train or truck.

celluloid

Well it is likely not going to be Animal Kingdom, both challenges with a parade of a decent size and more so the theme, but then again, that does not seem to matter much to the company anymore.

EPCOT's infrastructure is kind of wonky and Worldshowcase is not a huge money maker after Dinner. Too big to ever run a parade two times a night.

Hollywood Studios becomes a cluster for parades. The parade has to be pretty darn modified in length as well as traffic trouble. There are not really enough for people to do and if Fantasmic returns, there is enough going on as it is with low cost projection/pyro hub entertainment on the theater, but is the second after MK logistically.

MK I think is still where it is going to happen. It can fund two parades a night. (when the crowds call for it again of course)Before fireworks and It can step off an hour after. When we get to those 11pm nights again, this will make more sense. It has enough park to support the route and the crowd to spend money while two different parades have people mostly on Mainstreet and route through Frontierland. Turning in Liberty Square is small potato modifiers that would mostly go unmissed for those who just see it as a welcome new offering.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Is it true that Mac wouldn’t be able to make the turn in Liberty Square or is that just speculation?

I can’t imagine he could make the 90 degree turn that would be needed if the parade went to DHS, either, so is it safe to assume regardless of where the parade ends up, if it comes here, it’ll be without Mac?

TTA94

Is it true that Mac wouldn’t be able to make the turn in Liberty Square or is that just speculation?

I can’t imagine he could make the 90 degree turn that would be needed if the parade went to DHS, either, so is it safe to assume regardless of where the parade ends up, if it comes here, it’ll be without Mac?

It will be very disappointing if Mac gets cut since that’s one of the coolest floats! Unfortunately I have a feeling that’s exactly what’s going to happen due to size and it really doesn’t “fit in” at WDW as much as DL. If times were different I’d say they could replace that float with something else, But that’s extremely unlikely. Even if they did the most logical choice , if PTN will be at DHS, is a Star Wars float.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom