MSEP coming to Orlando?

Bocabear

I look forward to see MSEP again.
Oh you're the one....
Spectromagic was a better overall parade that was retired fairly early for Disney parades... Such a shame they are still dragging this hunk of junk around and have not given WDW a new night parade for the 50th Most Magical Celebration...

Last edited:

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Oh you're the one....
Spectromagic was a better overall parade that was retired fairly early for Disney parades... Such a shame they are still dragging this hunk of junk around and have not given WDW a new night parade for the 50th Most Magical Celebration...
Spectromagic was an excellent parade, and better by most objective criteria. But I never enjoyed it as much as MSEP. And I agree that WDW should get an all new parade. Nonetheless, I look forward to seeing MSEP again.

Brad Bishop

Oh you're the one....

Every time we talk about Spectromagic I have to work to keep that song out of my head. It's a bit of an ear worm.

Bocabear

TOTAL earworm! Electrical parade tune is catchy too but without lyrics....they should bring it back and do a Halloween version called SpectralMagic....lol

cranbiz

As much as I like Spectromagic, MSEP holds that special place in my heart. Watched MSEP with my family on my first visit when I was about 12 years old.

MSEP is the ring tone on my phone. 😊

KaliSplash

I have written many times that I prefer MSEP over Spectro. It's because of the music. It's not even close. Spectro's music is a waltz. You can count it out, one, two, three; one, two, three.
And as I have said a number of times in the last few years, I'd welcome Spectro back or anything else to HAVE a nighttime parade.
This MSEP revival is headed to DL. I can only hope it will return to WDW after that.

rodserling27

I love the MSEP, and have made trips specifically to see it. However, I have long wondered why TDO / WDW can't bring us a DreamLights style MSEP to MK. The technology that exists for such a thing could blow away anything prior, but still keep "Baroque Hoedown" as the theme - which is exactly what Tokyo has done for the last 2 decades. Doesn't even have to be MSEP, they could do this for SpectroMagic too (which took itself way too seriously in my opinion). It's pathetic that there hasn't been a night parade in WDW since 2016, and no original night parade since 2010.

doctornick

If we got a light parade, it wouldn’t be MSEP.
I'd actually prefer PTN or a new parade myself.

I know it's an unlikely dream, but I keep hoping that TDO is getting poor reviews of the new nighttime shows and feels they have to "do something" to improve the 50th celebration and pay for PTN to get shipped over and run.

ToTBellHop

I'd actually prefer PTN or a new parade myself.

I know it's an unlikely dream, but I keep hoping that TDO is getting poor reviews of the new nighttime shows and feels they have to "do something" to improve the 50th celebration and pay for PTN to get shipped over and run.
That is my hope. It is collecting dust. Stupid not to use it now that DL has decided to reanimate the MSEP corpse. I am guessing they will be asking guests to push the floats. It’s remarkable that MSEP had its first showing back in 1856. So much history.

brb1006

I love the MSEP, and have made trips specifically to see it. However, I have long wondered why TDO / WDW can't bring us a DreamLights style MSEP to MK. The technology that exists for such a thing could blow away anything prior, but still keep "Baroque Hoedown" as the theme - which is exactly what Tokyo has done for the last 2 decades. Doesn't even have to be MSEP, they could do this for SpectroMagic too (which took itself way too seriously in my opinion). It's pathetic that there hasn't been a night parade in WDW since 2016, and no original night parade since 2010.
Actually the designers described Spectromagic as the "Anti-MSEP" which explains why the parade felt much grander.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom