Mrs. Claus returns to "A Christmas Fantasy" Parade

Nland316

Upgrade in the right direction. I still believe we are long overdue for a new Christmas Parade, and holiday entertainment in general. I hate saying that since I actually am a huge fan of ACF. However, it did start losing some charm when different “upgrades” started to happen like Frozen, Toy Story overkill, random float modifications, etc. Hopefully our next Christmas parade isn’t a typical, and rather generic, Steve Davison production with recycled pop oriented music and IP’s. It should maintain the classic and timeless themes that ACF portrays well.

VJ

Hopefully our next Christmas parade isn’t a typical, and rather generic, Steve Davison production with recycled pop oriented music and IP’s. It should maintain the classic and timeless themes that ACF portrays well.
This is exactly why I don't want ACF to be replaced. I don't trust Disney enough to replace it with something better.

D.Silentu

You're getting cranky in your dotage! They kick off Christmas on Veteran's Day weekend every year. They used to hold off on the parade until the day after Thanksgiving, but they gave up on that a few years back.
I really miss Autumn. Now you can go for a swim in the pool while the Halloween decorations are up. As soon as those decorations are down you had better hurry and decorate for Christmas, only X number of shopping days left you know! This year a neighbor had lights up before the last week of October. I may feel a bit more strongly about this than others, because my favorite holiday has always been Thanksgiving. Never is there a more appropriate moment to appreciate all the things in your life than just before the Christmas furor.

I love Halloween and Christmas too. Someone once asked me on this topic, "Aren't you glad that more time is being given to these holidays?" Honestly, no. The last three months of the year and the holidays they have are special. Special things aren't everyday things; they're highlights that come once in awhile to our lives. Times to relish and experience to the fullest, knowing that while they are brief, you can take comfort that they will come again.

TP2000

You're getting cranky in your dotage! They kick off Christmas on Veteran's Day weekend every year. They used to hold off on the parade until the day after Thanksgiving, but they gave up on that a few years back.

Oh, I guess you're right, they have been doing the Christmas parade by Veteran's Day Weekend for a few years now. Still, it just seems shocking to see in photos on November 9th.

I'd also like to give you a Bonus Point for using the word "dotage" to describe me. :D

Rich T

A holiday favorite in my family! And I’ve come to adore this bit. By all accounts, it should be terrible, but it’s just awseome! :D The energy, the silliness, the excellent dancing, the sharp editing, the decent lyrics, Santa only appearing in silhouette, the way the reindeer peek in the window before barging in... I LOVE this! :D

Last edited:

SuddenStorm

As someone who listens to Christmas music from November 1st to January 31st, I’ve got no complaints about this one. :D

1541891256336.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom