Mr toads wild ride

disneycraze

Original Poster
Okay someone hep me understand this, k so I never got the chance to go on the ride and I saw a video of yesterday.... Tell me how that ride was in DISNEY (aka the happiest place on earth ) okay so u get hit by a train and then go to the Devil, appropriate for the happiest place on earth?:veryconfu

jato4x4

It may have not been appropriate but it was fun.

For real. it was my favorite ride as a kid. The train scene was the best. But Im sure people complained about going to hell. Too bad everyone wants to be PC now a days, although Disney Land still has it for the time being.

Scuttle

For real. it was my favorite ride as a kid. The train scene was the best. But Im sure people complained about going to hell. Too bad everyone wants to be PC now a days, although Disney Land still has it for the time being.

I honestly don't think it was about the ride and going to hell. I think it was done just to get a popular franchise that everyone knew in there. Pooh is a good ride, but it definitely lacks the excitement of Toad. As for the PC stuff I don't really get it. They change pirates to where the women would chase the guys instead of vice versa, but they left the scenes where they are auctioning off the women. It doesn't make much sense.

DisneyFan 2000

Okay someone hep me understand this, k so I never got the chance to go on the ride and I saw a video of yesterday.... Tell me how that ride was in DISNEY (aka the happiest place on earth ) okay so u get hit by a train and then go to the Devil, appropriate for the happiest place on earth?:veryconfu
Same way an extraterrestrial alien fits in Tomorrowland, the same way dragons and huge snakes are a part of Fantasmic!, or those night clubs over at Downtown Disney. The place may be called the happiest place on earth but there's plenty of room to spare for a bit of more mature fun! I rode the ride for the first time this past August and had so much fun! Despite some dated effects the ride was just pure fun, regardless of the scenes incorporated into it.

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Based on a Disney Movie, Nuff Said

Hope so so much that DL's version lasts long enough in this pc world for me to see it :lookaroun

Bravo 229

You might find the ride inappropriate, but I never saw it that way at all. It was just a fun little dark ride that happened to end up in Hell, which was a satire of the outcome of Toad's actions throughout the story.

CaptainJackNO

I miss Mr. Toad. I miss Alien Encounter, too. I think people who say Mr. Toad and Alien Encounter were un-Disney are over-sensitive. To me, Alien Encounter was an amazing, cutting-edge attraction, totally unrelated to any Disney movie, just like some of the most famous Disney attractions ever designed (POTC, HM, Space Mountain, Jungle Cruise.)

I would love to see some new attractions un-related to Disney movies that use cutting edge technology, just like Alien Encounter, POTS, and HM when they were new. Anything in Disney is Disney, to me, as long as the show stands up to Disney standards. Some would argue the lack of continuity in Tomorrowland is un-Disney, too.

BigRedDad

Mr' Toad's was the only ride in Fantasyland I enjoyed (depends on if you consider HM in Fantasyland or not). Of all of the cheesy State Fair rides, that one was and still is the best that WDW has/had.

Walt Disney1955

Don't worry, they won't be taking it away from DLR for a long time. The locals would pitch a fit.

And that's the difference between DL and WDW. They seem to keep the classic dark rides inact. Look at all the stuff that has been there since 1955 in Fantasyland. Compare that to WDW the remaining things since 1971 in Fantasyland (Small World, Peter Pan, Dumbo, Mad Tea Party, soon to be extinct Snow White).

I liked Toad too. It had a certain entertainment factor missing from Pooh. I talk to my wife about Toad a lot for our trip next year to Disneyland. Its a lot like Country Bear Jamboree to me. It has some sentimental moments, isn't viewed as the best ride in the park but it has that feel to it, that charm. You can't get that everywhere.

As for going to hell, well it is a little dark but imagine yourself as a youngster in Snow White's Scary Adventures. In fact most of us, CAN remember that. It was dark too.

HornsofaSteer

Honestly I rode Mr. Toad as a small child which wasn't that long ago, well as long as it has been closed, but, I enjoyed it very much. Maybe I was a weird kid but I loved the crazy driving because it made me feel like I was in a movie and going to hell was my favorite part because it was warm in there. :)

Just my perspective as a child which is the only one I have because I was never an adult riding it.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Honestly I rode Mr. Toad as a small child which wasn't that long ago, well as long as it has been closed, but, I enjoyed it very much. Maybe I was a weird kid but I loved the crazy driving because it made me feel like I was in a movie and going to hell was my favorite part because it was warm in there. :)

Just my perspective as a child which is the only one I have because I was never an adult riding it.

Heck...it's WARM outside...I much prefer air-conditioning.

Crockett

Banned
Parents have even pitched a fit over Big AL singing about blood on the saddle at CBJ. Even though it's a classic western song, it is sometimes deemed "too inappropriate" for children. Some parents need to put their children in a giant life-proof bubble to keep them from seeing or hearing anything outside of Playhouse Disneyesque dialogue.

As for Toad...loved it! Always bittersweet when we visit DL and re-live the attraction. I miss growing up at MK, with Toad sitting across the walkway from 20K, and now they're both gone. :(

Toad actually had 2 versions/tracks. But each one sent you to hell in the end. Unfortunaltely, the ride didn't have one of the 3 "Power P's" that are mandatory to survive in today's WDW: Pooh, Pixar, & Princesses.

It is certainly missed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom