Moving to Disney World?

I am graduating in May 2009 with a degree in Early Childhood Education. If I get a teaching job in orlando or nearby then I am moving to Florida and working at Disney and Teaching. I need that salary job first because you can't really live off of minimum wage. I've always dreamed of working at
Disney and I really want to be a character attendant. That is the dream! I hope it happens!
Be prepared to work 7 days a week then. At least you get summers off, I am not that lucky, and working 7 days each week is hard. Good luck! :)

Panhead

Does moving to Tampa count? :lol: Me and my family moved from Maryland to Tampa about 3 years ago. We're only 1:15 minutes from Disney, we've gone to Orlando over 20 times in the past 3 years (between our yearly vacation, seaworld passes, business trips, and free tickets).

I wish we lived closer to Orlando, so I can work there. There is a great college over in Orlando I want to go to, to become a lighting designer. So I could work at Disney while going to college. :king:

-Chris-

figmentmom

By the way, does anyone know what an average salary is per year when working for Disney (ie: ride operators, etc)?

I teach elementary school in New York, and work in Fantasyland every July as a seasonal Cast Member. I made $6.80/hour the first summer, $6.90/hour the second, and $7/hour last summer. It's a GREAT place to spend the summer - but by the time I rent a car and a place to live, I'm spending more money than I'm making. :lol:

Mikester71

We just got back from WDW on Saturday and it got me thinking about spending the winters in FL after our kids are grown. That's at least 12 years off. We saw many older employees working at WDW. Does anyone know if they hire people just for the winter months? We would never move down there all year round but it would be great for 3 months to get out of this South Dakota cold. I haven't searched any threads on this so sorry if this has been discussed before.

I share the dream too. I have only been down to WDW and Florida twice in my lifetime, and they have both been since 2005. The last time down there I absolutely fell in love with the scenery and weather. Of course it doesn't hurt when you know the weather was freezing and snowy back up here the whole time we were down there. We are going again next year, but I keep telling my wife that I wouldn't mind spending winters there when we retire in 20 years or so (hope I can wait that long). By then the kids will be on their own and married with their own families hopefully and they can come down and visit us if they want. LONG LIVE THE DREAM!:wave:

DAKOTADISNEY

I have to say that I don't look forward to my children growing up and leaving the nest, but if my husband and I could work at WDW a few months out of the year it gives me something to look forward to. As you said, Mikester71 our kids can come spend time in Florida as well. We actually talked about that again over dinner this evening.

Iknewagirlnamed

I'm originally from Northern Ohio and I moved down to Florida. I did the college program back in 2005, and I liked it so much that I didn't want to leave when my program ended. So I went back to Ohio when my program ended, and now 2 years later I moved back down to Florida. I'm a full time cast member at Cinderella's Royal Table, and I live 4 minutes from the Magic Kingdom cast member parking lot. I can hear and see wishes from my apartment and I love it. It was the best decision that I have ever made in my life. I can't get enough of Walt Disney World.

That's absolutely wonderful. I plan on moving to Orlando next year. If you don't mind me asking, are you a server at CRT? If so, how long did it take you to land the job? Can you tell me more about the apartment complex you live in? If you don't want to discuss it here, you can PM me. It's my dream and I would love some feedback. Thanks! :)

skeeder

i wouldnt want to live there at all. i LOVE wdw, and hate to have to leave, but a BIG part of the magic is the anticapation. if ur flying down, the magic starts at the airport, intensifies when u land, and solidified when u pass under the main arch. driving, magic starts when u pass familiar landmarks, like south of the boeder. the trip there is all part of the magic of disney, symbolizing you leaveing the real world of taxes, bills, terrorism, war, etc, and entering another world, where your 10 years old again and everything is new. even the simple temp change for those of us here in the north is part of it. when i get on the plane, its usually in the 30's or less, your all bundled up, when u get off the plane, its warm, breeze is blowing, and the scents of cedar mulch and flowers in december all serve in the magic of the disney experiance.

I couldnt have said it better myself. I completely agree. And I love the mountains (where I live) and I live near my big happy family and would miss them like crazy. My boss has jokingly said "One day your not gonna come back. You will fly down for vacation and we will get a postcard saying youve moved."

Gooch

I've thought about it, but not in detail. It would be great and I am only 3+ hours down the road from the WDW area to begin with. Maybe one day when things settle into place a little more.

WDWPrnces02

I was also a college program castmember in spring of 03...and loved it.

when I graduate the end of next year, ill move back and work for disney again. Its such a wonderful place.. and not to mention the weather.

Im getting so sick of the snow...im ready for some sun and warm temperatures.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom