Moving from Part Time to Full Time

CJR

Original Poster
After doing some college programs, I got hired a little over a month ago on a part time basis. I have head conflicting information in regards to going full time.

Some of my coworkers said that if I originally applied full time, I am automatically considered for full time positions when they open up.

Others have said that I need to go into Casting and request a full time transfer. I've been wanting to do this, but I thought you had to have an interview for Casting. Am I allowed to just walk in and talk to them about going full time?

I rely on bus transportation and I work at Magic Kingdom. So it's been very expensive getting to and from work since I have to take a cab when the bus isn't running. I'm actually losing money right now and if I could be moved over to one of the other parks, I think I would be able to ride the bus home more than I am now. Luckily, I am still taking college classes and get financial aid, but I do want to make money from working as well. Full time would definitely help out with that.

So if you know what I need to do, I would appreciate any helpful advice. I already applied for Star Tours, but I guess it's received a lot of applications so I'm not sure how good of a chance I have in going over there.

elisatonks

you need to apply to transfer again, each time you are offered a role by casting they take you off the skill code lists. You can apply to transfer by either going to casting or going to the hub on a company PC and clicking on hourly transfer request.

CJR

Original Poster
Thank you so much! I was going to go over to Casting before I go in for work today, but the HUB sounds like it would be a lot quicker. I really appreciate the clarification!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom