Movies that Changed Cinema

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
On Tuesday 2/17 ABC is airing a special entitled "15 Movies that Changed Cinema". What movies do you think should be on this list?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
On Tuesday 2/17 ABC is airing a special entitled "15 Movies that Changed Cinema". What movies do you think should be on this list?
Would this be changed for the good or changed for the bad? There could very well two separate lists.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Would this be changed for the good or changed for the bad? There could very well two separate lists.

The article I saw on this has this quote...

"As the perfect warm-up for this year’s Academy Awards®, the list is full of surprises. Why does an 80’s teen comedy make the cut? Which movie killed the studio system? Which movie was so shocking in its day, it launched a wave of protests and eventually led to the film ratings system? Which movie tops the line-up? "

So it's looks like it's not always positive. There may even be movies that could be looked at both way. Personally I think Star Wars has to be on this list. One of the things it changed was a shift away from more serious movies of the early 70's to big budget, effects heavy, escapist type movies. Some people saw that as a good thing, but I bet others did not.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
OK here's my list:

Birth of a Nation - full length movies
Star Wars - special effects
Jaws - blockbuster status
Midnight Cowboy - ratings
The Great Train Robbery - story
Snow White - animation
Gone With the Wind - epics
Blair Witch Project - homemade movies

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
OK here's my list:

Birth of a Nation - full length movies
Star Wars - special effects
Jaws - blockbuster status
Midnight Cowboy - ratings
The Great Train Robbery - story
Snow White - animation
Gone With the Wind - epics
Blair Witch Project - homemade movies

You did pretty good, here is the list from the special:

15 - Toy Story
14 - Sixteen Candles
13 - A Hard Days Night
12 - Jaws
11 - Lilies of the Field
10 - Godfather Part 2
9 - I'm no Angel
8 - Easy Rider
7 - Birth of a Nation
6 - A Streetcar Names Desire
5 - 2001
4 - Psycho
3 - Snow White
2 - Gone with the Wind
1 - Star Wars

It's funny when they started the introduciton for Toy Story the first clip they showed was of Frozen. I though to myself, "If Frozen is on this list I am turning it off right now!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom