Movies Anywhere launches

Matt_Black

Original Poster
So, today, Disney took their Disney Movies Anywhere and joined forces, Voltron-style, with a bunch of other studios to make Movies Anywhere. The really cool thing about this is that they've gotten multiple online digital retailers on board with this, so you can pull movies from various platforms and have them on one device. So, let's say you bought a whole bunch of movies on iTunes, but you switched from having an iPhone to a Droid. Well, now you can watch them on your Google Play account.

In an era when so many media companies want to do their own thing (like Disney and CBS making their own Netflix-like services), it's nice to see something that makes things convenient for the consumer.

beachlover4444

I have almost all my movies on disney movies anywhere and love it. was not happy with the notice I got. hopefully this isnt going to be a pain, I dont have any other movie source but disney. i always buy my movies on blu-ray, DVD and digital for the downloads so my family can watch them too.

lazyboy97o

I have almost all my movies on disney movies anywhere and love it. was not happy with the notice I got. hopefully this isnt going to be a pain, I dont have any other movie source but disney. i always buy my movies on blu-ray, DVD and digital for the downloads so my family can watch them too.
Why were you not happy? Switching from Disney Movies Anywhere to Movies Anywhere is very quick and easy.

For those interested in the service, I just had 5 movies added to my library for connecting my retailer accounts. I only had a couple movies I ever bought through iTunes over a decade ago and they synced to my account.

Last edited:

tcool123

I don't know how it'll go for you, but for me I made a new account clicked one button, and done everything was instantly imported. Plus I was able to get a couple of free movies for signing up early so you might get lucky as well snagging some new movies. For me it was Big Hero 6, Jason Bourne, Ice Age, Ghostbusters, and The Lego Movie.

lazyboy97o

I don't know how it'll go for you, but for me I made a new account clicked one button, and done everything was instantly imported. Plus I was able to get a couple of free movies for signing up early so you might get lucky as well snagging some new movies. For me it was Big Hero 6, Jason Bourne, Ice Age, Ghostbusters, and The Lego Movie.
Those are the same movies I received.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I was so confused when those additional movies popped up. I asked DW if she made new purchases. lol.

Anyways, it was a seamless transition. And works just the same before on my Amazon Fire TV, where all the movies populate on the "Your Videos" screen.

StarWarsGirl

Specifically, it's Ice Age and Ghostbusters when you connect one retailer, and then Bourne, BH6, and Lego when you connect the second.
Thanks, I was very confused when all those popped up. I know Vudu has given me free movies over the years, but I didn't think it was that many! I now have about 20 movies that I don't actually own on DVD or Blue Ray on this account because they keep giving me freebies. That's in addition to the 30 I already had. (Well, I like movies)

The nice thing about this is my ultraviolet account was connected to Vudu, so all of those movies are now on Movies Anywhere. I just wish they would add the Windows store to its partners. DMA used to connect with Windows accounts, and I primarily use my Microsoft Surface for movies, so it would be nice if the accounts were connected. I can use Vudu or iTunes on my Surface, but it was nicer when it went through the Windows store.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom