1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Movies Anywhere launches

Discussion in 'Disney Co News & Discussion' started by Matt_Black, Oct 12, 2017 at 3:16 PM.

1. Matt_Black

Matt_Black Well-Known Member

So, today, Disney took their Disney Movies Anywhere and joined forces, Voltron-style, with a bunch of other studios to make Movies Anywhere. The really cool thing about this is that they've gotten multiple online digital retailers on board with this, so you can pull movies from various platforms and have them on one device. So, let's say you bought a whole bunch of movies on iTunes, but you switched from having an iPhone to a Droid. Well, now you can watch them on your Google Play account.

In an era when so many media companies want to do their own thing (like Disney and CBS making their own Netflix-like services), it's nice to see something that makes things convenient for the consumer.

2. lazyboy97o

lazyboy97o Well-Known Member

Disney Movies Anywhere has been a great service that seems to often be forgotten. That it is expanding is great news.

3. beachlover4444

beachlover4444 Active Member

I have almost all my movies on disney movies anywhere and love it. was not happy with the notice I got. hopefully this isnt going to be a pain, I dont have any other movie source but disney. i always buy my movies on blu-ray, DVD and digital for the downloads so my family can watch them too.

4. lazyboy97o

Why were you not happy? Switching from Disney Movies Anywhere to Movies Anywhere is very quick and easy.

For those interested in the service, I just had 5 movies added to my library for connecting my retailer accounts. I only had a couple movies I ever bought through iTunes over a decade ago and they synced to my account.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017 at 9:43 PM
    Matt_Black likes this.
  5. tcool123

tcool123 Well-Known Member

I don't know how it'll go for you, but for me I made a new account clicked one button, and done everything was instantly imported. Plus I was able to get a couple of free movies for signing up early so you might get lucky as well snagging some new movies. For me it was Big Hero 6, Jason Bourne, Ice Age, Ghostbusters, and The Lego Movie.

WDW_Firefighter likes this.
  6. lazyboy97o

Those are the same movies I received.

tcool123 likes this.
  7. Matt_Black

Matt_Black Well-Known Member Original Poster

Specifically, it's Ice Age and Ghostbusters when you connect one retailer, and then Bourne, BH6, and Lego when you connect the second.

tcool123 likes this.