Move over KRYSSA! - Tk421-sw and Thimblekisses Easter Week update!

cindy_k

I went for Easter 2 years ago, and it wasn't that bad. Those pictures (which are wonderful, btw) totally shocked me with the amount of people. Especially the TTC pics. :eek:

I second the motion, that I am glad I didn't go to WDW this Easter. I am going at the end of April... hopefully it will have calmed down a lot before I show up.

Thanks for the new pics of Disney. :wave:

Tinkerbell1220

Thats a good idea to wait until the end of April to go. I used to work at MGM and while we dont quite get the easter crowds its still very rough for most of April, if you must come in April perhaps make it April 30 or even better yet early mid may, catch the parks while the kids are stuck doing finals at school.

rainfully

Tinkerbell1220 said:
Thats a good idea to wait until the end of April to go. I used to work at MGM and while we dont quite get the easter crowds its still very rough for most of April, if you must come in April perhaps make it April 30 or even better yet early mid may, catch the parks while the kids are stuck doing finals at school.

I have to agree with that, that mid May is an EXCELLENT time to go! Fairly light crowds and beautiful weather!

MissM

Man, those crowd levels reminded me of NYE. It's definately one thing to hear about "at capacity" it's another all together to be in it for 15 straight hours! *chuckles* They were very strictly managing people backstage - with really really hostile CM's demanding you walk certain routes only - on NYE. We just avoided them and went the way we wanted but I didn't know they did that kind of thing quasi-commonly. Big routes were behind Tomorrowland to get out to Main Street and such. They weren't letting people just walk Main Street as normal; you had to go around back. Strange times.

Thanks for the photos though. Looks like you had a lot of fun despite the crowds.
-m

Invero

thimblekisses said:
After Boma, we nipped over to watch Fantasmic. When leaving, this bus pulled up to pick up passengers. It was broken! The bottom half of the back end (see below) was about to fall right off! Luckily, we got on the next bus.

Never fear, it's not going to fall off. The engine hatch pulls out at the top, and then the whole thing lifts up. What probably happened is that when going over a large pothole, the latches loosened, and it popped open.

Great pictures :)

tk421-sw

Invero said:
Never fear, it's not going to fall off. The engine hatch pulls out at the top, and then the whole thing lifts up. What probably happened is that when going over a large pothole, the latches loosened, and it popped open.

Great pictures :)

I figured. Did not really think it was a problem! Thanks!

mandib

I never thought I'd say this but it makes me NOT want to be there. We were there a couple of years ago and I remember the Easter crowds. Never again! Great pics can't wait for more!

WDWScottieBoy

Those crowds are INSANE! Thanks for sharing the update, and I too, cannot wait to see the rest of your update.

I am hoping that the kiddies are in school taking finals May 19-24 so I don't have crowds for my trip.

Excellent update, THANKS again, yours are always amazing and something to look forward to!

kraffty

Awesome update!!! We're going in 2 weeks, and I'm really nervous about the crowd size...we usually go in mid-May. :lookaroun

barnum42

kraffty said:
Awesome update!!! We're going in 2 weeks, and I'm really nervous about the crowd size...we usually go in mid-May. :lookaroun
Easter will be long gone by the time you get there and so will the HUGE crowds. I've been in April, post Easter and had no problems with crowds.

tk421-sw

ok, HERE ARE the only videos I took. (I was with my family, and i didn't want to tlak to a camera the WHOLE time. )...

Me alone in the bathroom (don't worry :) ):

http://link4.streamhoster.com/?u=tk421-sw5&p=%2Fpic+323.mov&odaid=1238&prog=true

Me slidding down a ramp in a stroller( Please see part two tonight for further info) Video is dark but its thimblekisses reactions that crack me up!:

http://link4.streamhoster.com/?u=tk421-sw5&p=%2Fpic+322.mov&odaid=1238&prog=true

And last, Rover (Im pretty sure im right ) from COP NEVER MOVED during the last scene! I got a small clip. Even when grandpa says "Here's a trick, roll over" and then he barks, he never moved! it was funny but sad also. :

http://link4.streamhoster.com/?u=tk421-sw5&p=%2Fpic+321.mov&odaid=1238&prog=true

Enjoy

maxime29

Premium Member
The thing about the backstage photos over at MK, I was able to get a bunch of them during my trips there. A couple CM's didn't say anything to me. I liked the signage of the 7 steps to something right when the CMs come out.

Great update once again. I wish I could go along with you guys. I love being around crazy people :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom