News Move It! Shake It! MousekeDance It! Street Party coming to Magic Kingdom in the new year

TOCPE82

that I do agree with... however the people eaters aren't a bad thing and kids do enjoy it

"but kids like it" is my least favorite excuse. That's why we have cheap hula hoops and sidewalk chalk in the parks now.

I promise I'm not a curmudgeon! I just think they can think of something better to eat people than thumping music and dance parties. Get creative with it!

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
"but kids like it" is my least favorite excuse. That's why we have cheap hula hoops and sidewalk chalk in the parks now.

I promise I'm not a curmudgeon! I just think they can think of something better to eat people than thumping music and dance parties. Get creative with it!

it could be more I'll definitely give ya that... we'll see how many changes they've made I guess but not expecting much. the other dance parties which is dj's and characters out dancing like in tomorrowland is just annoying - the parade feel at least is a "little" better

I'd trade it all for a new nighttime parade though

TrainsOfDisney

i really don’t get it either. The dance parties seem to ruin the vibe. “Kids like it” yes but why? Because it’s characters out dancing and interacting. The kids also like it when the characters come out and dance with the pearly band or Disneyland band at Disneyland. That entertainment fits with the classic feel of Disneyland.

It seems like a live band singing / playing the Mickey Mouse club march, steamboat willie music, sorcerers apprentice music etc. would fit in with Mickeys birthday AND the classic feel of Main Street. And I’m pretty sure kids would still like it because the kids would still get to see and interact with the characters.

wdwfan22

I mean I like how from 20 seconds of talked over rehearsal footage and a look at the floats you can assume this but okay. Yes it follows the similar street party formula but is very different from the previous versions.

If it's any different i'll be surprised. The street party is one of the WORST forms of entertainment unless you have kids aged 3 to 8. It's not entertaining at all. Watching Guests try and dance to crapy music and ugly floats does nothing for me nor anybody i've been at the parks with. If they really wanted to offer something of quality then simply run Festival of Fantasy twice a day.

TTA94

Paint The Night somewhat fits the category of a “dance party” which many would not like, but at least it’s pretty to look at! Lol. I’d take that any day over MiSi!

Dr. Falls

it could be more I'll definitely give ya that... we'll see how many changes they've made I guess but not expecting much. the other dance parties which is dj's and characters out dancing like in tomorrowland is just annoying - the parade feel at least is a "little" better

I'd trade it all for a new nighttime parade though

I agree that dance parties at the Magic Kingdom generally aren't great. However, the NYE dance parties in Tomorrowland and Frontierland are bangers if you're in the parks - though that's because they're actual dance parties, and you don't have characters around. EPCOT also has fantastic dance parties (when it has them; again, NYE), and great energy.

i really don’t get it either. The dance parties seem to ruin the vibe. “Kids like it” yes but why? Because it’s characters out dancing and interacting. The kids also like it when the characters come out and dance with the pearly band or Disneyland band at Disneyland. That entertainment fits with the classic feel of Disneyland.

It seems like a live band singing / playing the Mickey Mouse club march, steamboat willie music, sorcerers apprentice music etc. would fit in with Mickeys birthday AND the classic feel of Main Street. And I’m pretty sure kids would still like it because the kids would still get to see and interact with the characters.

The relative success of the Discovery Island Carnivale (while it ran) with young children seems to confirm this! Even though there weren't actual characters, kids love being around costumed performers and music.

DLRP NEWS

How dare you criticize "It's a good time" ?!! :joyfull: It's an huge hit in Paris since October 1st !

Yes we had a Mickey90 show on a christmas themed stage in front of Tower of Terror. Nothing wrong :D
But it shows that this song doesn't belong in Main Street ... Here in Paris they wanted to celebrate Mickey90 as much as possible so they also included this song in Christmas tree illumination. It was an huge mistake and felt out of place ...

Last edited:

TrainsOfDisney

Paint The Night somewhat fits the category of a “dance party” which many would not like, but at least it’s pretty to look at! Lol. I’d take that any day over MiSi!

While it’s an interesting choice of theme, there are no questionable lyrics and Paint the Night is a full on e-ticket night parade.

No Name

I actually enjoyed the original Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It! Heyyyy... get uppp... get louddd... start pumpin’ up the party now 🎵. It was crap and is the kind of thing I’d never usually defend, but here I am. I liked how the music was egregiously loud. And the Celebrate You song... so good. And something about it appearing so out-of-place actually made it work for me. The new version of the parade doesn’t work so much for me though.

We all have our strange opinions.

Last edited:

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
How dare you criticize "It's a good time" ?!! :joyfull: It's an huge hit in Paris since October 1st !

Yes we had a Mickey90 show on a christmas themed stage in front of Tower of Terror. Nothing wrong :D
But it shows that this song doesn't belong in Main Street ... Here in Paris they wanted to celebrate Mickey90 as much as possible so they also included this song in Christmas tree illumination. It was an huge mistake and felt out of place ...

I have to say I don't mind the original recording of this song...but with the live singers which I believe they are going to have in this parade... really ruins the flow and feel in my opinion. it's rough

DLRP NEWS

I have to say I don't mind the original recording of this song...but with the live singers which I believe they are going to have in this parade... really ruins the flow and feel in my opinion. it's rough

I'm shocked, hurt and sad :joyfull: Betty Rose and Jimmy Ocean (two singers) are our local stars ! But Jimmy is a rapper and Betty is a VERY exuberant girl. I think WDW singer will be more classic.
Sansyy titre 1.jpg

Andrew M

If it's any different i'll be surprised. The street party is one of the WORST forms of entertainment unless you have kids aged 3 to 8. It's not entertaining at all. Watching Guests try and dance to crapy music and ugly floats does nothing for me nor anybody i've been at the parks with. If they really wanted to offer something of quality then simply run Festival of Fantasy twice a day.

I completely ignored the original/didn't even know it existed until we went with our kids. Now of course it's a must do, especially after Jessie went out of her way to dance with my 2 year old. So yeah for the very young crowd it's great to interact with characters that you don't have to stand in line and wait for.

IMG_0824.jpg

TrainsOfDisney

I don’t think anyone is suggesting that Disney should not offer an opportunity for children to interact with characters in a fun setting. Disneyland manages to do this with thematically appropriate Disneyland Band, Pearly Band, and Straw Hatters Band.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom