News Move It! Shake It! MousekeDance It! Street Party coming to Magic Kingdom in the new year

VJ

As someone who's seen a lot of Mouskedance clips on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse with my girls, this is definitely a step backwards if they're focusing more on those songs. They're fine and all but seem way too simple for a daytime parade with all types of guests. It's not like the previous version of Move It! Shake It! was incredible, but it was fun for the most part. This new one just sounds dumb. I'm not trying to be overly negative, but almost everything in yesterday's announcement just played well too down the middle.
I think there's some confusion. They're going to be playing Mickey Mouse Club songs. Which version it is (50s, 70s, 90s, 2010s) they don't specify, but...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
At least this one comes with live singers. That automatically gives it an edge. I assume we will have 4 singers on the present floats, and then M&M on a reno-ed DJ float. Or two singers on present, and characters on the other two.

Indeed...
Disney Parks Live Entertainment is holding an Open Call for Male and Female Pop Vocalists for a brand new show at Disney’s Magic Kingdom®!
Seeking youthful, energetic, hip and trendy vocalists, who are approachable, kid-friendly, and are comfortable engaging with a live audience of all ages. Singing hosts will keep things hopping with modern remixes of favorite Pop Classics with a modern twist.​
Performers employed by the Walt Disney World® Resort are covered under the terms and conditions of a collective bargaining agreement with Actors' Equity Association.

Upon signing of Walt Disney World® Individual Employment Contract, candidates are eligible to immediately apply for membership in Actor’s Equity Association.

Current WDW College and International Program Cast Members are not eligible to audition unless you are 6 weeks out from you current program end date.​
Seeking:
FEMALE POP VOCALIST: - Pop Mezzo Soprano/Soprano – Middle C to a Pop Belt ‘C’ an octave above middle C. Must also have a Hi F riff. All Ethnicities.​
MALE POP VOCALIST: Male - Pop Tenor - Low D to Hi A. All Ethnicities.​

From here: https://jobs.disneycareers.com/auditions

KBLovedDisney

I'm ok with Mickey's attire, but what is with Minnie's dress? It looks like one of those netted laundry bags filled with Styrofoam bath toy blocks.

DLRP NEWS

I'm glad that those outfis will never appear in Paris ! Those outfits look awful !
But more generally i don't get the point to celebrate Mickey's 90th birthday from January 2019 while he was born on November 18th ...
In Paris, they organize it from October to January by focusing on Mickey during Christmas and Halloween.

brb1006

I'm glad that those outfis will never appear in Paris ! Those outfits look awful !
But more generally i don't get the point to celebrate Mickey's 90th birthday from January 2019 while he was born on November 18th ...
In Paris, they organize it from October to January by focusing on Mickey during Christmas and Halloween.
Walt Disney World also celebrated Mickey's 60th Birthday in 1989 complete with a new land and a WDW birthday parade.

Cmdr_Crimson

Walt Disney World also celebrated Mickey's 60th Birthday in 1989 complete with a new land and a WDW birthday parade.

And also the TV Special as well...

Which bugs me to this day why Sorcerer Yensid is a heavy set Toon looking character than his Fantasia Counterpart..Even the Wiki about "The Sorcerer" is stated as it is unknown why this was done...Also the fact that Optimus Prime (Peter Cullen) does his voice...
606.jpg

hpyhnt 1000

Those are some pretty lousy costumes. Minnie's dress looks like a bad tie dye attempt and Mickey's suit looks like someone stuck a bunch of color coding stickers on it.

"These playful bursts of color and texture are set against crisp white, meant to evoke the nostalgic feeling of frosting, crisp linens and tissue paper."

Do people really wax nostalgic for any of those things? Yeesh, what a bunch of drivel.

brb1006

And also the TV Special as well...

Which bugs me to this day why Sorcerer Yensid is a heavy set Toon looking character than his Fantasia Counterpart..Even the Wiki about "The Sorcerer" is stated as it is unknown why this was done...Also the fact that Optimus Prime (Peter Cullen) does his voice...
606.jpg

I'm still curious about this character who never showed up again after that special. One minute he's mad at Mickey than he later forgives him and wishes him a Happy Birthday. Maybe he's Yen Sid's son?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Those are some pretty lousy costumes. Minnie's dress looks like a bad tie dye attempt and Mickey's suit looks like someone stuck a bunch of color coding stickers on it.

"These playful bursts of color and texture are set against crisp white, meant to evoke the nostalgic feeling of frosting, crisp linens and tissue paper."

Do people really wax nostalgic for any of those things? Yeesh, what a bunch of drivel.

PR and marketing "magic"...

Those costumes... Mickey's looks it went thru a paintball war. And lost. Minnie's... what is it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom