Mousesavers.com

Seano846

Original Poster
Has anyone used the information provided on mousesavers.com to get a great room rate? For my trip to WDW this year I am considering using mousesavers idea of purchasing a AP to get good rate instead of booking a "package trip" through a travel agent. Any feedback good or bad would be appreciated

tnkrbell

yes!! Last year I got a great rate listed there that I guess originally was in a latin Magazine!! Try it out it worked well for me, good luck!! :D

disneydentist

We always book trip components separately instead of a package through a travel agent. I drove my wife crazy last year checking out every new discount code that appeared. We started with a Disney club rate at WL and after two changes courtesy of Mousesavers we ended up with a Pool view at WL for leww than we would have paid for the Garden view with the Disney Club. My only word of warning is that flexibility may be required on your part since Disney puts out these codes without much real info. Usually you just have to go resort by resort and category and category find a price and resort/room that you like since they will not always have available the rooms you want at the time you want in the resort you want. It's worth the effort in the long run since we got those pool views room for $159/night.

James123

Account Suspended
Check ALL the deals!

In my experience, there is no simple answer. Of course www.mousesavers.com is a great place to start and they advise to do it all yourself. Generally, I think they are correct. The problem with www.disney.com is that they always want to sell you a "package" deal as does the Disney Vacation Club. I have checked and compared all the Disney offers for many years and have never found a deal that I couldn't get for less money by putting it together on my own. However, travel agents can sometimes come up with low price deals that you can't get elsewhere. I used Dreams Unlimited last year and got 2 rooms at the Grand Floridian for 50% off of the rack rate. Within 6 months I checked with Dreams Unlimited again to book another trip and their rates had gone through the roof. I was able to get a much lower rate on my own. So, I always check all the prices myself (airfare, room rates, tickets, etc.) and then check with a few travel agents to see if they can beat my price. Most of the time, they can't but once in awhile they come in lower. As with all shopping you have to do your homework. Discounts on tickets, room rates, etc. change rapidly from season to season so it's important to keep up to date on various deals. One of the great things about www.wdwmagic.com is that Steve keeps up to date on WDW events and many of the members (some are even CM's) know what's going on and are willing to share their information with those of us that ask. I think it's a good deal! Booking a Disney vacation is not unlike buying a new car. You know all the car salesmen are out to stick their hand in your wallet and so are most (not all) of the Disney vacation sellers. Just shop around. If you want to have a heart attack go look at the DVC!

Also check this link as an example:

http://www.affordabledisney.com/merchandise.html

chellnjr

Yes, it helped me make up my mind to buy an AP. Since we bought our passes in September we have gone on two trips, 9 nights and 3 nights. We saved enough on our hotel from these trips to make up the cost of our passes. It was definitely worth it for us.

Each week I check mousesavers.com at least once to see what deals are out there - to see if I can sneak in another trip! :D

I think the AP is a good deal if you can take a long vacation at least once. It is even a better deal if your vacation the next year can be taken before the passes run out. That is what we are doing this year. It is saving us the cost of tickets this year!

CottonBlossom

I found a great state code on Mousesavers last summer that saved me big bucks. I thought for sure it was a scam and once I got to Disney they'd demand the $1500 I saved using the code. Well, it really worked. Check often to see if any kind of code or discount becomes available. It is definitely worth it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom