Mousekeeping (or Lack of Mousekeeping)

MotherofaPrincessLover

Original Poster
I'll be renting points for my next trip. I know there is no regular mousekeeping. My questions is, if I need clean sheets (if my son's diaper leaks), can I request some and make the bed myself? If I can't, does anyone have any suggestions for me?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Yes you can request sheets in that case of course. They do come every 4th day besides any emergencies. But for emergencies that's not a problem to get clean sheets. :)

Rob562

If you're in a unit larger than a Studio, there's also a washer & dryer in the unit, so you could also launder your own sheets if need-be.

-Rob

ToTBellHop

If you're in a unit larger than a Studio, there's also a washer & dryer in the unit, so you could also launder your own sheets if need-be.

-Rob
Nothing says "deluxe resort" more than washing your own sheets.

If I get ambitious, will they let me borrow a plumbing repair kit?

I'm joking, of course.

I'm a terrible plumber.

Lynne M

Nothing says "deluxe resort" more than washing your own sheets.

If I get ambitious, will they let me borrow a plumbing repair kit?

I'm joking, of course.

I'm a terrible plumber.

The DVC resorts are not in the Deluxe category. They're timeshares, not hotels. Members pay all of the operational costs of the resorts, including housekeeping, so if you're staying on points, there's a pay-as-you-go housekeeping system. You can purchase additional housekeeping days at a nominal cost if you want the room cleaned more frequently.

But you will be able to get clean sheets from housekeeping if your child wets the bed.

ToTBellHop

The DVC resorts are not in the Deluxe category. They're timeshares, not hotels. Members pay all of the operational costs of the resorts, including housekeeping, so if you're staying on points, there's a pay-as-you-go housekeeping system. You can purchase additional housekeeping days at a nominal cost if you want the room cleaned more frequently.

But you will be able to get clean sheets from housekeeping if your child wets the bed.
I'm not debating the mousekeeping policy, as that is cut-and-dry. The resorts are marketed as Deluxe Villas. I just think it is absurd to feel compelled to wash your own sheets at any hotel, let alone a Disney Deluxe Villa Resort.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I'm not debating the mousekeeping policy, as that is cut-and-dry. The resorts are marketed as Deluxe Villas. I just think it is absurd to feel compelled to wash your own sheets at any hotel, let alone a Disney Deluxe Villa Resort.
Washing your own is an OPTION, not a REQUIREMENT. You are not compelled at all. You can request sheets from mousekeeping.

sxeensweet

Actually the DVC rooms/resorts are in the deluxe category. Disney owns so many rooms at each deluxe villa resort to use for strictly regular cash bookings. Then members like me now own the rest of the rooms used to book with points etc. They are considered in the deluxe/deluxe Villas category and are priced accordingly. Non members can book them like any other regular deluxe room on property without renting points and paying cash and use discounts or offers that are out. The offers that obtain to the DVC rooms are the same offers as the other deluxe resorts etc. We often stayed in Deluxe Villa rooms before we joined paying cash and booked with a discount through Disney itself like you would any other deluxe room.
Now if you pay cash you do get daily mousekeeping at the DVC resorts and rooms but if staying on points no you don't and they come every 4th day. :)

Last edited:

sxeensweet

Washing your own is an OPTION, not a REQUIREMENT. You are not compelled at all. You can request sheets from mousekeeping.

Exactly optional I agree. lol Thet will bring you some more if you ask. I never wash our own sheets while staying in our Deluxe villa rooms. I may wash a few clothing items but that's it bad that's not often either. Lol. Mousekeeping every 4th day is no big deal being we are not messy people etc. :)

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Is this a serious post or just trolling?

The washer/dryer in the unit is a nice perk. You don't have to use them. Some people prefer to pack light and do a load of laundry mid-week or if you come from across the pond and stay for 2 or 3 weeks at a time it comes in handy vs using the shared laundry rooms available at all the "deluxe" resorts. I've never heard of anyone washing their own sheets, but it's an option too I guess. To each their own, but you never have to wash your own sheets.

Weather_Lady

Is this a serious post or just trolling?

The washer/dryer in the unit is a nice perk. You don't have to use them. Some people prefer to pack light and do a load of laundry mid-week or if you come from across the pond and stay for 2 or 3 weeks at a time it comes in handy vs using the shared laundry rooms available at all the "deluxe" resorts. I've never heard of anyone washing their own sheets, but it's an option too I guess. To each their own, but you never have to wash your own sheets.

I agree. To me, deluxe has its own "Disney definition" which doesn't necessarily include the perks you'd expect to find at a comparably-priced luxury hotel elsewhere. "Disney deluxe" means a resort with some additional transportation/park-proximity advantages, as well as some nicer amenities -- but not ALL nicer amenities. You get a bigger and nicer room with cleaning supplies and a washer and dryer provided (in the room or in your building), even if you may not get daily housekeeping or laundry service if you're in a DVC accommodation on points. You get a bigger bathroom with fancier toiletries and fluffier towels, even if somebody may not come and wash your hair for you. You'll have access to a kitchenette or even a full kitchen, although no personal chef will appear to make you breakfast. Staying in a deluxe won't free you from the responsibility of cleaning up after yourself, but as someone who has cooked, cleaned and done laundry on numerous Disney vacations (in Disney accommodations at every level), I can testify that such activities feel like a pleasant diversion rather than drudgery. :D

Last edited:

Lynne M

Again, they're not hotels. They're timeshares, which do not operate in the same way that hotels do. When you are renting someone's timeshare, you are saving a bundle of money because of the way services like housekeeping are structured. If you want to wash sheets, you have the option to. If you'd rather pay for additional housekeeping services, you'll still come out ahead over paying for a cash reservation for the same room.

If you want daily housekeeping included in your room rate, you have two options. You can book a deluxe villa for cash through Disney, probably paying a great deal more than you would by renting points, or you can stay in one of the non-timeshare Disney resorts.

ToTBellHop

Again, they're not hotels. They're timeshares, which do not operate in the same way that hotels do. When you are renting someone's timeshare, you are saving a bundle of money because of the way services like housekeeping are structured. If you want to wash sheets, you have the option to. If you'd rather pay for additional housekeeping services, you'll still come out ahead over paying for a cash reservation for the same room.

If you want daily housekeeping included in your room rate, you have two options. You can book a deluxe villa for cash through Disney, probably paying a great deal more than you would by renting points, or you can stay in one of the non-timeshare Disney resorts.
You can also just pay $30/day. I've done this before when only staying for 7 nights as we wanted the room to be cleaned once mid-trip--it was $30 for that. My sister rented at AKV and they decided they still wanted the daily cleaning, so it was an extra $30/night for them and still a heck of a lot cheaper than paying cash. It was something like $200/night to rent vs. somewhere north of $400/night to book through Disney.

And to the others, I'm still here and certainly not a troll. I truly feel it is absurd to even CONSIDER washing your sheets in a Disney resort. And I have certainly taken advantage of the free washer/drier at the DVC resorts for my own laundry. It's a wonderful perk--especially with kids.

Last edited:

rob0519

We paid for our stay at Saratoga Springs like any other resort on property and got daily mousekeeping. As we were just coming off a cruise the in unit washer/dryer was a definite perk. That was our first and only stay at one of the DVC resorts. We are not DVC members, not ever used points.

sxeensweet

We paid for our stay at Saratoga Springs like any other resort on property and got daily mousekeeping. As we were just coming off a cruise the in unit washer/dryer was a definite perk. That was our first and only stay at one of the DVC resorts. We are not DVC members, not ever used points.

We stayed there and Kidani numerous times before joining DVC and didn't rent points either. They usually had an awesome discount we used (40-45% off). We loved the convenience of having the washer and dryer as well so much so we eventually bought in. Not just for the washer obviously though. Lol. I do miss getting daily mousekeeping sometimes like we did when paying cash for the DVC stays but it's now really no big deal at all and actually prefer them not coming in our room much. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom