Mother kicked out of DLP for wearing princess dress...

cdunbar

Interesting.. didn't know such a policy existed.
Yeah the only time an adult can wear a costume is to the halloween party at least at WDW, I don't know about DL, but obviously a similar policy exists at DLP. But the adult who wears the costume at the halloween parties can also not cover their faces. :wave:

maelstrom

I thought you just weren't allowed to dress like Disney princesses (Aurora, Cinderella, Ariel, Belle, etc). That woman was just wearing an old wedding dress or ball gown, and while a bit extravagant for DLP, definitely *not* a princess dress. What if a woman going for a nice dinner at (I'm not familiar with DLP's fine dining offerings, but someplace similar to Victoria & Albert's) and had on a dress with a somewhat poufy skirt, and then went into the park after dinner... would she be kicked out as well? I think DLP went a little overboard on this one.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I thought you just weren't allowed to dress like Disney princesses (Aurora, Cinderella, Ariel, Belle, etc). That woman was just wearing an old wedding dress or ball gown, and while a bit extravagant for DLP, definitely *not* a princess dress. What if a woman going for a nice dinner at (I'm not familiar with DLP's fine dining offerings, but someplace similar to Victoria & Albert's) and had on a dress with a somewhat poufy skirt, and then went into the park after dinner... would she be kicked out as well? I think DLP went a little overboard on this one.
I believe the term they use from a legal sense at least is no "costumes" and what she was wearing could easily be regarded as such. The main thing Disney is worried about is a guest being mistaken for a CM. If that happens there are a myriad of things that can go horribly wrong for either guest and Disney can be held legally liable.

ScorpionX

One conclusion I can make from this article is that the employees or EuroDisneyland and EuroDisney Studios are internationalists, which is prejudiced against people from other countries. That means that she was kicked out of the park not because she was wearing a dress, but because she was from a country that was not France.

adv.bluedude

One conclusion I can make from this article is that the employees or EuroDisneyland and EuroDisney Studios are internationalists, which is prejudiced against people from other countries. That means that she was kicked out of the park not because she was wearing a dress, but because she was from a country that was not France.

What's your reasoning?

Testtrack321

No. Just, no.

There's a well known ban on guests dressed up as or like characters ban. The only time this is allowed is during the Halloween events, and even then you cannot have a face mask or sign/take pictures with guests. Obvious except to this rule is Tokyo Disney, where they have a cosplay culture and people understand this.

And it hasn't been EuroDisney (which some people considered a rude name) in years. And there neve has been a EuroDisney Studios. Plus there is a huge irony in suggesting the French are being stubborn with outsiders at DLP, which in it's early years had many negative reactions to it (including a man getting assaulted on the streets who wore a EuroDisneyland jacket.)

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
One conclusion I can make from this article is that the employees or EuroDisneyland and EuroDisney Studios are internationalists, which is prejudiced against people from other countries. ....

Pardon me? I believe your nescience is showing.

Fractal514

Seriously dude? Stop with the crack pipe.

Walt Disney1955

I believe the term they use from a legal sense at least is no "costumes" and what she was wearing could easily be regarded as such. The main thing Disney is worried about is a guest being mistaken for a CM. If that happens there are a myriad of things that can go horribly wrong for either guest and Disney can be held legally liable.

I guess I am trying to think outside the box on this one, but how in the world would that woman be mistaken for a CM? And if she were, what's the worst that can happen?

"Excuse me ma'am, where is Mr. Toad's Wild Ride?"
"Sorry, I don't work here, I'm here with my daughter"

What are the myriad of things that could go wrong? I just don't see it as a danger. I've never been to DLP but kicking the woman out seems to be very "un-Disney" like. I mean, I've heard of people going through the gate when their passes aren't valid and the CM moves them along.

Sketch105

I guess I am trying to think outside the box on this one, but how in the world would that woman be mistaken for a CM? And if she were, what's the worst that can happen?

What are the myriad of things that could go wrong? I just don't see it as a danger. I've never been to DLP but kicking the woman out seems to be very "un-Disney" like. I mean, I've heard of people going through the gate when their passes aren't valid and the CM moves them along.

Anyone in business knows about legal liability, and businesses DO NOT take chances when it comes to policy, even if you have to set precedent by making examples.

What if she wasn't the type of person to say stuff like that nicely? What if she screamed at the guest and said "I don't (expletive expletive) work here" or worse...pretended to be that character in a manner un-Disney like. Then that guest goes to guest services and say "The Fairy Godmother was very rude".

Tourists are easily mistaken. I don't know how many times I've just gone to Disney in a hawaiin shirt with Jessica Rabbit and jeans and been asked where an attraction was, or where the bathroom was.

lilclerk

This is an extreme, but what if an adult was dressed similarly to CM and a child trusted this person to say hello to or take a photo with, or even help find their parents if lost, and the child is ultimately abducted.
It's sad but certainly a possibility.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

Never underestimate the stupidity of the average person.

The worst that could happen? Something along the lines of..."Come with me to the bathroom little girl."

Walt Disney1955

This is an extreme, but what if an adult was dressed similarly to CM and a child trusted this person to say hello to or take a photo with, or even help find their parents if lost, and the child is ultimately abducted.
It's sad but certainly a possibility.

Hmmm, fair enough.

s.ollie

I do love the daily mails choice of words though, ''being ordered to return to her hotel to change'' ''when three burly security staff approached''

they don't half like to put a new spin on things :brick:

Then shes goes and contradicts herself by saying ''How can they possibly say I looked too much like a princess?''...... em..... but she said she wanted to dress up as a princess by wearing the dress so whats the problem with someone saying she looked like a princess, was that not her goal.

And finally.... is she for real. She was probably delighted she got refused so she can now milk it for all she can get. :mad:

Fantasmic

what I fine most disturbing is the fact she payed £1000 for 3 nights.... it cost my OH & I about £300 to go for 3 nights in 2008!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom