most underrated Disney film?

Dragonrider1227

Original Poster
What do you think is the most underrated Disney film ever? A few come to mind for me. Atlantis, Treasure Planet, The great mouse detective, but I think the most underrated film they've done would have to be Brother Bear. In between it's excellent story telling, incredible music, (I don't think Phil Collins has yet to make a bad song) superb animation, and what must be the most adorable little kid character ever! (Koda) The film chokes me up everytime I watch it and I really think it totally doesn't get the recognition it deserves.

I think Rescuers Down Under is highly underrated. It has some magnificent animation and some of the newer characters were really nice. I don't remember it's name, but the bad guy lizard thing is hilarious and I love it...especially the egg/lunchbox part.

I'd like to say Treasure Planet, but after watching again last week, I noticed that some of the secondary character animation and design...seemed to be very secondary...that spider-guy-thing...he was horrible. Vary lackluster design and execution. Silver on the other hand was absolutely brilliant..including the CG arm. They meshed very well together and you really couldn't tell the difference.

KingStefan

... I don't remember it's name, but the bad guy lizard thing is hilarious and I love it...especially the egg/lunchbox part.

Joanna the goanna (great name!) voiced by Frank Welker. I actually haven't seen the film, but I was interested enough by your description to look it up!

comics101

I always Loved Treasure Planet, and I like Brother Bear alot too. I also enjoy Chicken Little, which for some reason seems to be the most hated Disney film of all time...

Nicole220

I think Rescuers Down Under is highly underrated. It has some magnificent animation and some of the newer characters were really nice. I don't remember it's name, but the bad guy lizard thing is hilarious and I love it...especially the egg/lunchbox part.
I also love the Rescuers Down Under.

The egg/lunchbox part is the best!! Gotta love Joana!

One of my favorite movies when I was younger. Still love it!
Same here. Love that movie!

ImaYoyo

Meet the Robinsons. Personally thought it was one of the most well-written animated films I'd seen in a long time. I really felt a connection with the characters in that one.

comics101

Meet the Robinsons. Personally thought it was one of the most well-written animated films I'd seen in a long time. I really felt a connection with the characters in that one.

Meet The Robinsons was Excellent, but I didn't know it was underrated. If it is, that's another one to add to my list...

lisak09

Either Basil the great mouse detective or Emperors new groove. Both my kids absolutely loved Basil & would watch it over & over again, & my niece always asks to see it when she comes over. Emperors new groove is hilarious & one of those films that people of all ages can watch & find hilarious.

Mufasa's Pride

What do you think is the most underrated Disney film ever? A few come to mind for me. Atlantis, Treasure Planet, The great mouse detective, but I think the most underrated film they've done would have to be Brother Bear. In between it's excellent story telling, incredible music, (I don't think Phil Collins has yet to make a bad song) superb animation, and what must be the most adorable little kid character ever! (Koda) The film chokes me up everytime I watch it and I really think it totally doesn't get the recognition it deserves.
I second Brother Bear as the most underrated Disney film By leaps and bounds it is the best film since the Second Disney Renaissance. Great story, music, characters and storytelling.

wbt06

so many come to mind the two best live action movies that i think are under rated are bed nabs and broomsticks and Pete's dragon. i loves those as kids and was able to watch bed nabs on ACM 2 weeks ago. all the animated films listed so far i also love. i still own the goofy movie and know all the song's from heart. that movie is the reason my favorites Disney character is goofy. i have tried to tell people about the black cauldron and they have no idea it even exists so i would have to say that is the most under rated by far.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom