Most significant addition to each park?

DigitalDisney

Original Poster
In your opinion, what is the most significant addition / change to each park and all of WDW? Why did you pick these changes?

Here are my choices...

MK - Splash Mountain
After a long wait, the MK finally got a big ride. Not only that, but the ride is family friendly, yet very fun, and potentially wet too.

EP - Illuminations
Now ther is a good reason to stay in Epcot after dark. Illuminations and the beauty and romance of World Showcase after dark make Epcot a popular park at night.

MGM - Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
No doubt about it. MGM has had a lot of big additions (Star Tours, Muppetvision, Little Mermaid show, Fantasmic, etc), but TZTOT has launched MGM over the top, IMO.

AK - There are a couple options here, but I'm going to go with Asia, which is probably the most obvious choice. It added another nicely themed land with animal exhibits and a thrill ride that is extremely popular.

WDW - This may sound weird, but I'm going to go with Typhoon Lagoon. It was the first major water park at WDW, and it raised the bar war water parks around the world. Not only that, but it eventually led to Blizzard Beach, one of the greatest water parks in the world.

Your thoughts? There are plenty of options if you put your mind to it. You can suggest anything from a new pavilion/ride to a new show to a new feature (E-Ride nights, for example, or FastPass)

WDWspider

I agree with all of your except the following:

AK: Expedition Everest. I think with Asia the park finally became a legitimate park to visit, I think EE will be the ride they really proves the park will be a great mix of all things and start packing in the guests.

WDW: Downtown Disney West Side. With this addition, WDW really took on a life of it's own as a place to do so much more than just sleep and go to parks.

ucf disneyfan

MK: I'm gonna have to agree with Splash Mountain. Being that it is a 12 minute ride, its a thrill ride for the family, the story is amazing, and I work there. :animwink:

Epcot: Definatly Test Track! Even though it's had its share of problems it is one of my favorites. Totally original and unique.

Studios: ToT. I agree with everyone else that ToT took the park to the next level.

AK: Nothing yet. I love Animal Kingdom but I think they've made some stupid decsions. (Chester and Hester:mad: ) But I think Everest will help alot.

meeko_33785

My choices may seem a tad off-the-wall, but stay with me here. ;)

MK- Mickey's Birthdayland/ Mickey's Starland/ Mickey's Toontown
While this was not the biggest addition to the park, it did change the feel of the park. This land gave Mickey and friends a place in the Magic Kingdom to call their own and made Magic Kingdom their "base" park. Since then, it seems like that theme has slowly taken over the theme of the Magic Kingdom, giving it a very character driven theme, with Splash Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, Aladdin, and other attractions backing the park up as the unoffical home of the characters.

EPCOT- Innoventions
Again, this wasn't the biggest addition, but it was one of the first steps in the modernization of Future World. While World Showcase's feell has not changed drastically, Future World has drastically been trying to reinvent intself into something more modern with additions such as Test Track, Mission Space, Ellen's Energy Adventure, and others. Innoventions was one of the first to get modernized in 1994 and also gave the area a modernized central area which they would over the next decade or so reach out of and ontinue the process in the other new and redone attractions.

Disney-MGM Studios- Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
This part of the park gave the park a big change. Up until that point, the park's major draw was that it was a real working movie studio with TV shows and films actually being filmed there. With the arrival of the Tower of Terror, the park became more of an attraction-driven park insteed of a gimic-driven park.

Disney's Animal Kingdom- Nothing
At this point, I don't think AK has had any real signifigant change. Asia was obviously designed to always have been part of the park so it's not really what I could consider an "addition". The new Tarzan show and Parade as well as the B and C-Ticket type of attractions also haven't given the park a big change. Everest might, but we'll have to wait and see.

Walt Disney World- Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
This was the first moderatly-priced resort in Walt Disney World. Before that, guests either had to pay the big bucks to stay at a delux resort like the Contemporary of Polynessian or rough it at the camp ground. This gave guests a widder choice of options for a Disney resort and brought in many guests who otherwise would have stayed off-property.

Kenan

MK - I would def have to say Splash Mountain. It was my favorite ride in that park. Its my laughing place, lol.

Epcot - Test Track :animwink: , most definately. I love whizzing in front of the building and screaming by brains off. (However, MS is and will be another great addition)

MGM - Rock N Roller Coaster. Although it aint my fave ride in the park, (that goes to ToT), nothing can beat the take-off of this.

AK - I would have to say Primeval Whirl. Even though I get back aches, I laugh through out the whole ride.

WDW - Animal Kingdom Lodge. Its just outright beautiful.

Brett

Here's my take:

MK: Splash Mountain is definently the choice here. 12 minutes of a ride, long waits, e-ticket. Nothing added has had the impact of this attraction

EPCOT: Illuminations is the premiere night-time show at the Walt Disney World resort, in my humble opinion. I haven't ridden Mission:Space, and we all haven't seen the influence it will have on the park. But I have a feeling it will steal this spot from Illuminations.

STUDIOS: The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror kickstarted this park. It turned a decent park with great potential into a great park with even greater potential. Now we have the Rock N' Roller Coaster, Fantasmic, and rumors of more expansion

AK: Nothing yet. The park is not old enough to have the significant changes needed to turn it into a powerhouse. Just like the Studios, I feel it is a decent park with great potential. Hopefully, Expedition Everest will kickstart this park like the Tower of Terror kickstarted the Studios.

WDW: Pleasure Island/WestSide. Both bring more choices into the realm of adults. I turned 21 last year and I find myself spending a good amount of my time in these places. I like the suggestions of Caribbean Beach/Typhoon Lagoon, but PI/WS wins for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom