Most overrated attraction

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Star Tours. It has nothing to do with Star Wars. Like when was Johnny 5 (Who was the star of Short Circuit, and in the ST wait area) EVER in Star Wars?

Who the hell is Rex? WHAT is the ship we are all in?

I blame fat boy Lucas more than Disney for the lack of Star Wars on this ride.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
I am going to have to go with Stitch on this one! I can't stand this ride and I don't know how it can have 60 min + waiting!!! :confused::eek::confused::eek:

castevens

I don't think I could bring myself to go to WDW and not go on Soarin' at least 4 times. So definately not soarin' for me.

I'm trying to think of which ride I find the most overrated, and besides Star Tours, I'm not really coming up with anything. I really don't like Peter Pan's Flight, but then again, it's not really "overrated" if not everyone is going around saying its the best ride ever...

Thrill Seeker

SGE just sucks. It's not overrated. I am going with The Seas With Nemo and Friends. That ride is really quite poorly done and yet I have often seen it with rather long lines. It's very overrated. I think Soarin' is actually a pretty solid ride, but not worth waiting the outragous wait times it typically has...

toetheline29

Dinosaur!! Dinosaur!! Dinosaur!!!!

Absolutely.

Okay, so it's not really overrated because I don't think I've heard anyone talking about how great it is, but it is without a doubt my least favorite ride. The concept isn't bad, but the ride itself needs some tweaking. The sounds are about twice as loud as they need to be (I always walk off feeling like I've lost some of my hearing), and it relies too heavily on strobe lights as special effects. And, the last time I rode (in Feb.), towards the end of the ride, my sister and I banged our heads together. Now, we are both small people and were sitting upright (aside from the jerking of the ride; it's not like we were practically out of our seats), so I think it's likely that this has happened to others. Nothing was seriously wrong with either of us, no concussions or anything, but both of us had headaches the rest of the day and it kind of put a damper on our AK plans that day.

But, I suppose that out of several dozen, having one ride I don't like isn't bad at all :).

KCMO

I haven't been in several years but I sure hope I don't find Soarin to be as disapointing as Test Track. Last time I was there I couldn't believe that I wasted over an hour to ride that glorified Tomorrowland Speedway. I am sure it doesn't help that I was a big WoM fan as a kid - but wow, talk about a let down.

toetheline29

I love Soarin' and Test Track, and riding both multiple times is definitely a part of the "Disney experience" for me. I've only ridden Soarin' once without a Fast Pass (this was right after park opening, so we still walked on), and I've never ridden Test Track without using Fast Passes or the single rider line, so I've never waited for more than ten minutes or so to ride either of them. But.... the way my family goes to Disney, we never wait more than fifteen minutes on anything (we go during slower times, use FastPasses, and go early/stay late). I like to think that I would like both those rides, even with a lengthy wait (nothing like getting to know the people around you, right?), but I honestly don't know.

DisneyFreak1228

My vote goes to Snorin' - erm, Soarin'. :lol:

I didn't see what all the hype was about when I first went on it, and I still don't see it when I'm dragged on it now.

3IAlienKid

Test Track. I think I was disappointed by the fact that only the drive outside the building is really exciting. The rest of it was OK but really a bit dull. I mean, I didn't feel first hand experience of a bunch of automobile tests in a large warehouse was that exciting. And aside from the thrill factor, while I can see where someone thought the concept would be great edutainment, it doesn't quite fit in with Epcot's overall theme since the concept only really covers one very small aspect of human transportation, unlike the previous tennant WoM whose much wider scope more fully addressed Epcot's human progress premise.

Thrill Seeker

Test Track. I think I was disappointed by the fact that only the drive outside the building is really exciting. The rest of it was OK but really a bit dull. I mean, I didn't feel first hand experience of a bunch of automobile tests in a large warehouse was that exciting. And aside from the thrill factor, while I can see where someone thought the concept would be great edutainment, it doesn't quite fit in with Epcot's overall theme since the concept only really covers one very small aspect of human transportation, unlike the previous tennant WoM whose much wider scope more fully addressed Epcot's human progress premise.

Test Track is my favorite ride at Disney, period. It's a great thrill ride that is always fun no matter how many times you go on it. I really liked WoM, but Test Track is much better. As far as Epcot's overall theme, I think that has wavered a bit due to the fact that the majority of the edutainment pavilions have either been replaced or altered enough where they lost most of their educational value. Now Epcot is more about thrills and the latest technology. I do miss most aspects of Epcot Center, but the addition of thrill rides is a welcome one in my book.

Thrill Seeker

Ok another one I have to mention is Mission: Space. That thing was so heavily hyped when it opened and although it is kinda cool, I don't find it to be that impressive or much fun. I would much rather have good ol' Horizons than Mission: Space.

Mr.EPCOT

All the old rides are overrated on this site, everyones got there nastalsia glasses on and they dont see attractions for what they are (imho)

I wouldn't quite say that, there are many on these boards who just recognize the very noticeable difference in quality then as opposed to quality now. Journey Into Imagination is a great example. Putting all opinions of taste aside, just looking at the physical facility, the original version of the pavilion as compared to how it is now, there is just simply more, in almost every respect. Magic Journeys would never be shown all scratched up and out of focus, as HISTA is shown now regularly. ImageWorks is in a smaller space with fewer exhibits, not to mention almost strictly pushing Kodak's product. And as a result of that, there is wasted space on the second floor where it used to be. If you look at any particular show scene on the ride, say the current finale, for example, there was more in that room. More detail, more money spent, etc. Look at Martin's diagrams of the two versions of the ride:

1983:

Imagination_1983_show_scene_layoutw.jpg

and present day:
Imagination_2002_show_scene_layoutw.jpg

Notice how there are many more details on the first ride? And almost half the track length is missing, with about half as many show scenes along the section that is remaining. So you are literally, physically getting about 1/4 of the ride experience that you did before, once again putting aside all questions of taste and opinion. And that's just looking at the pure value of what you as a theme park goer is getting for your ticket now as opposed to your much cheaper ticket then. When it comes down to it, were both versions presented to me at the same time, as entirely new, having never done them before, I can guarantee you my opinion would be something along the lines of thinking v1.0 is much more fun than v3.0. The same goes for many of the others. Horizons is much more fulfilling than Mission: SPACE, World of Motion is more intellectual, interesting, and plain ol' fun than Test Track, etc.

goodtimes5286

I wouldn't quite say that, there are many on these boards who just recognize the very noticeable difference in quality then as opposed to quality now. Journey Into Imagination is a great example. Putting all opinions of taste aside, just looking at the physical facility, the original version of the pavilion as compared to how it is now, there is just simply more, in almost every respect. Magic Journeys would never be shown all scratched up and out of focus, as HISTA is shown now regularly. ImageWorks is in a smaller space with fewer exhibits, not to mention almost strictly pushing Kodak's product. And as a result of that, there is wasted space on the second floor where it used to be. If you look at any particular show scene on the ride, say the current finale, for example, there was more in that room. More detail, more money spent, etc. Look at Martin's diagrams of the two versions of the ride:

Notice how there are many more details on the first ride? And almost half the track length is missing, with about half as many show scenes along the section that is remaining. So you are literally, physically getting about 1/4 of the ride experience that you did before, once again putting aside all questions of taste and opinion. And that's just looking at the pure value of what you as a theme park goer is getting for your ticket now as opposed to your much cheaper ticket then. When it comes down to it, were both versions presented to me at the same time, as entirely new, having never done them before, I can guarantee you my opinion would be something along the lines of thinking v1.0 is much more fun than v3.0. The same goes for many of the others. Horizons is much more fulfilling than Mission: SPACE, World of Motion is more intellectual, interesting, and plain ol' fun than Test Track, etc.
Thats a really good compairson of JII, and something I didnt know. But then again, I went on JII for the 1st time on my last trip, and i havent been talking about it at all b/c i cant, i know nothing about it. I'm talking about a ride like PoTC or CoP. Attractions where people will swear up and down its the best ride ever, even if it was 2109!

Imo MS is better then Horizons, but then again the last time i was on Horizons i was in the single digits so it's not exactly a fond memory. But I really LOVE MS, i think its the best ride in epcot. I never went on WoM, but I really love TT (i just wish the end queue would have a little more then an advertisement. QS resturant, MS style things to do, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom