Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 2000 Leagues Under The Sea

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • Other

Votes: 17 9.7%

• Total voters

cm1988

Magic Journeys

No one's mentioned Magic Journeys. That 3D film opened at the Imag pavilion... actually a few months before the ride itself.

A bit of trivia overheard at the Rose & Crown in December 1981. An electrician associated with the Imag ride mentioned that the delay in its opening had been due to difficulties with engineering the "carrousel". At the time, I didn't know what the heck he was talking about, but of course that would be the beginning of the ride.

Seems to me there must have been at least three... probably four of those Dreamfinder dirigibles; I don't know why only one was sold.

But I digress...

Magic Journeys closed when the heroic Captain Eo took the stage. Then in 1988 it moved to the MK... only to be replaced by Legend of the Lion King.

But that was a great film. So many images... which the kids in the first scene named as they were looking up at the clouds. The surrealism reminded me of some of the films at Expo67 that had been done by the Canadian Film Board. Labyrinth, in particular, but there were 4 or 5 similar attractions there in Montreal.

Excuse the wandering post :p ... just reminiscing. Maybe you've been there.

thumper

CM..I do remember Magic Journeys! (Great, now I have that song in my head!) And wasn't there a preshow called Makin' Memories where it just kept showing slides of different pictures? Anyway, I agree...it was a good flick!

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by thumper
CM..I do remember Magic Journeys! (Great, now I have that song in my head!) And wasn't there a preshow called Makin' Memories where it just kept showing slides of different pictures? Anyway, I agree...it was a good flick!

It would go along with the Kodak sponsership.

Bryy2001

20,000 Laegues Under the Sea, hands down. And the old 'tank' for the ride is still there unused, bring it back as a rousing E-ticket!

Bdis86

Account Suspended
At Tokyo Disney Sea, Boats are guided by lasers through a lake, nearly crashing into each other. Kind of like autotopia, only with boats.

Belle13

If the question were which do I miss the least, I would have to say Horizons and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

Oh and What is Mickey's Wild Adventure, anyway?

NowInc

The lagoon is too "deep" to have any type of free reign boat ride in it....

I say put a dragon in there...i mean..its FANTASY land...it would certainly attract more people than a statue of triton....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom