Most annoying thing to us Cast Mmebers.

Maria

Originally posted by Herbie53
If we want to hear the inside scoop from the cast members on this board (which I think most of us would), then the least we owe them is the opportunity to have a little moan now and then. No job is perfect! They are not on duty while posting, so complaining here is not bad show.

I call it Ethics.... ;)

Maria

Originally posted by Herbie53

. . . Could you expand on that? :)

Sure! I meant that I think it is not very ethical if I go out posting what I dislike of the "clients" of the businness I work for. I know that people like you would like to get the "inside scoop" as you mentioned, but I don´t consider respectful to post what bothered me while I worked for Disney, b/c the readers would be in majority, guests (clients) of WDW.

It would be as if you worked for a magician, and when you are not "working" as you said, you just go out talking bad about the magician or revealing his secrets, or complanning about the clients who buy a ticket to go see them and then make stupid comments on the show. How would you like that if you were the magician? If you were his assistant,would you feel good about it? If you were the client (spectator) would you appreciatte someone making fun of you after you pay to go see him?

I hope I made sense... ;)

In other words... "if I am gonna wear the t-shirt, I am gonna sweat it"! (I´m not brain washed... I just have worked in the service industry to know what guest service is, and this is part of that). ;)

Skipper Timekpr

Original Poster
On the contrary to what most people believe of me on here I have been told by both guests, cast members, managers, and upper upper management that I am the most "pixied" dusted cast member in my area. The whole reason I posted this was just to let ya know an insight of what it is like to work there, you just have to understand that I love my job I don't even consider it a job I call it fun, because it is! But believe me after a long day of standing out in the sun with long pants on a vest and a long sleved shirt for up to an hour and not get a lunch break because you're working less than a 6 hr. shift you'd have some grips to thats just human nature, but I would never tell a guest this but since I beleived some of you were mature enough to handle it, and were interested in what happens backstage you'd be intrigued, but I guess not.

mightyduck

Originally posted by WDW-Imagineer
I'm not a cast member, but I would imagine that the most annoying thing is having to pull large, pant-less men out from behind a washing machine!! :eek: :eek:

Ooh, that would be bad.... :eek:

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by Skipper Timekpr
On the contrary to what most people believe of me on here I have been told by both guests, cast members, managers, and upper upper management that I am the most "pixied" dusted cast member in my area. The whole reason I posted this was just to let ya know an insight of what it is like to work there, you just have to understand that I love my job I don't even consider it a job I call it fun, because it is! But believe me after a long day of standing out in the sun with long pants on a vest and a long sleved shirt for up to an hour and not get a lunch break because you're working less than a 6 hr. shift you'd have some grips to thats just human nature, but I would never tell a guest this but since I beleived some of you were mature enough to handle it, and were interested in what happens backstage you'd be intrigued, but I guess not.

I happen to love my job, but that doesn't mean that I am always happy 100% of the time!! I think Skipper was just "venting" among friends, but some of you construed that as some sort of betrayal!! I never for a moment thought he was unhappy at Disney; he was just reminding us that things are not always as magical at WDW/DL as we "outsiders" might think! As a former nurse, I think I did an excellent job of shielding my patients from the reality of hospital politics, and that is as it should be. However, if my family or friends were discussing health issues with me, my responses would be quite different!! Also, the title of the thread asked for the "most annoying thing to cast members" If all cast members denied ever being annoyed,no one would have responded!!!

Security Boy

Remember that Disney always exspects good cast members and that even good people will complain when treated bad enough. When I worked at WDW I was so nice that I had 17 Guest service Tinker Bell Cards from Management and 9 Guest Compliments. Since I have worked at Disneyland, I have 1 Guest compliment. :brick: It could be because I am Security but than again it is probably because DL has almost no FT positions! When I worked in the Parking Lot a while back at DL they said be out-going if you can but we are here to do a job--so when you go off and talk to the Guests, it is busy work...........I have never really cared for the way DL is ran ever since but atleast you get nice folks like me mixed in with everyone else. :D

One of the most annoying things we get at the MK is that it seems everyone has to make some kind of noise going into the mansion like arooo or hoot hoot or something stupid. Then they don't get all the way in the stretch rooms or they stop half way. Then we do our spiel and they go "ohh dead center ohh blahh blahh." Then we get some freaks that say the ghost hosts spiel outloud with him and other guests complain because they look like idiots.

One of the things I find appallingly annoying is that Cast Members do NOTHING to stop the noise from Guests as they enter the Foyer from outside. It is not like Its A Small World where chatter doesn't spoil the show; in the Haunted Mansion there is a PERFORMANCE going on, by the Ghost Host, and raucousness like what goes on in the Haunted Mansion foyer & Stretch Room would never be tolerated in rides like Carousel of Progress. Every time I step into the Foyer, the Guests are chatting and laughing and speaking so loudly that it is virtually IMPOSSIBLE to hear that the Ghost Host is speaking. It WAS NOT like this in the 70s and 80s, society has become rowdy and you must treat them in a manner they understand. The very first thing the CM's should do once they've closed the front doors is to immediately address the crowd and get their attention by saying something to the effect of, "Kindly wait here, the Master of the House will be with you shortly. You and your fellow Guests will know that he has arrived if you carefully [put your finger to your lips]listen for him [shout]QUIETLY!" It'll be humorous while getting the point across.
CMS should also remember that many people are there for the first time, many from foreign countries, they are overwhelmed by the sights and sounds, they do not know what to expect, and when they are shuffled into the Stretch Room they do so cautiously, not knowing that they are about to be locked into a room "with no windows or doors". They do not know what's happening, nor what they are expected to do, nor do they understand why they are walking into various rooms when they were under the impression that its a ride. It is on YOU the CM to make them understand. Otherwise your purpose there is useless. This is not 1955, no one has manners any more, remember that. be respectful but remember that most of the crowd is a herd of hot & sweaty people with no class. You can see that by their tank tops and shorts and flipflops.

And one last thing.... NEVER EVER EVER open the main front doors until both of the Stretch Rooms' doors are closed!!! Your impatience is your problem, not the problem of paying Guests.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom