• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Most annoying thing to us Cast Mmebers.

Skipper Timekpr

New Member
Original Poster
One of the most annoying things we get at the MK is that it seems everyone has to make some kind of noise going into the mansion like arooo or hoot hoot or something stupid. Then they don't get all the way in the stretch rooms or they stop half way. Then we do our spiel and they go "ohh dead center ohh blahh blahh." Then we get some freaks that say the ghost hosts spiel outloud with him and other guests complain because they look like idiots.
 

DisJosh

Well-Known Member
Sounds like you have a BAD attitude! You dont sound very Disney like either! I'm one of those freaks you described! People are just having fun! Some arent as priveleged as you and dont get to work in the HM all day..........to you it may seem repetative or annoyying.........but to visitors its exciting. I'm really disapointed hearing this from the mouth of a CM. I'm sure alot of CM's feel the same way as you but they dont go around telling everyone. Whats worse is you've said this on a board where a large percentage of us are these freaks or weirdos you speak of! I'm disapointed to hear this from a CM's mouth!!:mad:
 

Goofyfan

New Member
Originally posted by Skipper Timekpr
One of the most annoying things we get at the MK is that it seems everyone has to make some kind of noise going into the mansion like arooo or hoot hoot or something stupid. Then they don't get all the way in the stretch rooms or they stop half way. Then we do our spiel and they go "ohh dead center ohh blahh blahh." Then we get some freaks that say the ghost hosts spiel outloud with him and other guests complain because they look like idiots.

Actually, that doesn't JUST happen the haunted house you know. I always hear people "howling" and yelling "BOO"! through any dark area of a queue. (Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Pirates to name a few) It just goes with the territory!! :)
 

Skipper Timekpr

New Member
Original Poster
Actually I am a big disney freak I go all the time and no I don't take it for grantite but you have to see it from our point of view it's not so much people making noises, but people who decided to speak outloud as if they are the ghost host and so everyone can hear them it really detracts from the ride. Especially when stupid people who ride it a million times in a row and know everything about it thinks it's funny to lean against a wall so they don't open or they purposly lean up against our pannels. Trust me I'm probibly one of the most Disney filled cm out there, because like Disney said himself I'm doing it because I can show them it can be done better. or whatever it is exactly lol
 

sillyspook13

Well-Known Member
Umm, I think you're talking about me. I go on the ride a million times in a row and speak (softly) along with the Ghost Host (sometimes). I don't do any of the other things you mentioned, though.;)
 

Skipper Timekpr

New Member
Original Poster
Thats ok that you say it under your breath but some people say it just as loud as the ghost host. Plus now all these problems seem of little importance to the national crisis we need to focus on.
 

Maria

New Member
I was a Cast Member too, but I would never post what bothered me about dealing with guests because 1.- I don´t see why 2.- I don´t want to offend anyone 3.- I have been a guest myself!

About those who yell trying to get people´s attention... they are annoying for a cast member as they could be annoying for the rest of the guests! there is always somebody, and it happens everywhere in the world at any place! No need to comment on that... ;) ;)
 

Security Boy

New Member
Most Annoying Thing

:brick: Guests who are just plain STUPID! Example: "Please Lower your head and watch your step as you board the Tram"; Guest hits head and looks back at the Cast Member who just warned them with a half Baked 'you should have told me look'.
 

Mikemc

New Member
I think the cast members do a great job day in and day out. And they do put up with alot. Last time we went there was a tour group arriving throught the tunnels under main street station. They were making alot of noise and spooked one of the horses on the trams. You could see the CM wanted to say a few choice words but he refrained. Nobody went to the tour group and askes them to pipe down.
 

Tapestry2000

New Member
Originally posted by Skipper Timekpr
One of the most annoying things we get at the MK is that it seems everyone has to make some kind of noise going into the mansion like arooo or hoot hoot or something stupid. Then they don't get all the way in the stretch rooms or they stop half way. Then we do our spiel and they go "ohh dead center ohh blahh blahh." Then we get some freaks that say the ghost hosts spiel outloud with him and other guests complain because they look like idiots.

One time my father scared one of the CM's in the HM - I was MORTIFIED, so say the least :brick: :brick: :brick:
 

Herbie53

Premium Member
I don't see any problem with skippertimekpr's comments. I have encountered all of the things he mentioned at one time or another, and I find them very annoying. I don't mean to sound uptight, but when some obnoxious person decides that the best way for them to enjoy the Haunted Mansion is by screaming or ad libbing, it interferes with my experience. Why is the experience of one loud person more important than the experiences of everyone else? It takes an awfully arrogant person to behave that way.

Personally, I'm glad to find out that it irks the cast members too!
 

dopey

New Member
though i'm not a cm, i'm with maria on this. i've never experienced this problem you mentioned as a guest, skip, but i'm sure it is annoying to both cms and guests.

but if it bothers you so much that you would post it here, perhaps you should find a way to work another attraction if at all possible. if you find guests annoy you as much at other attractions, there are certainly other positions within the guest-services industry that don't require you to work around the actual guests as much.

i'd hate to come across an unhappy cm at the hm. :rolleyes:
 

Beauty and the

New Member
I have to say that nothing spoils your holiday as much as a miserable cast member, I can fully appreciate that you've heard it all before but thats life. I work in the medical proffesion and have heard every doctor/nurse suggestion inuendo going but it takes less effort to smile than to frown. So if your not happy in your job then move to a different attraction I'm sure there are loads of people who would love to swap with you.:(
 

Security Boy

New Member
Attractions/Annoying

Originally posted by dopey
though i'm not a cm, i'm with maria on this. i've never experienced this problem you mentioned as a guest, skip, but i'm sure it is annoying to both cms and guests.

but if it bothers you so much that you would post it here, perhaps you should find a way to work another attraction if at all possible. if you find guests annoy you as much at other attractions, there are certainly other positions within the guest-services industry that don't require you to work around the actual guests as much.

i'd hate to come across an unhappy cm at the hm. :rolleyes:

If you have not worked at Disney, you have no idea how poorly transfers are handled. If a CM was put on an attraction, 8 out of 10 times they have the personality for it. Things don't work that way with Disney, I myself had no problems until I went to TOT which has a complete nazi for a manager. You get bad managers where ever you go but this should not happen with Disney at all because they are currently the best in the bussiness. Disney has a lot of room for improvement but even if someone did want to trade work locations- Disney would not permit it.
 

dopey

New Member
Re: Attractions/Annoying

Originally posted by Security Boy


If you have not worked at Disney, you have no idea how poorly transfers are handled. If a CM was put on an attraction, 8 out of 10 times they have the personality for it. Things don't work that way with Disney, I myself had no problems until I went to TOT which has a complete nazi for a manager. You get bad managers where ever you go but this should not happen with Disney at all because they are currently the best in the bussiness. Disney has a lot of room for improvement but even if someone did want to trade work locations- Disney would not permit it.

i read somewhere -- some book critical of all things disney; i can't remember the name -- that disney often will put the least-qualified people in as managers. welcome to the "real" world.

there are lots of options, though, if you're unhappy working anywhere. i know disney can be tough (and cheap), but i'm sure nobody's holding a gun to your head to work there. go wrestle alligators, pick oranges or squeegie car winshields on a freeway exit ramp (not as glamorous as you'd think). good luck.
 

DisneyFreak

Well-Known Member
Re: Re: Attractions/Annoying

Originally posted by dopey


i read somewhere -- some book critical of all things disney; i can't remember the name -- that disney often will put the least-qualified people in as managers. welcome to the "real" world.

there are lots of options, though, if you're unhappy working anywhere. i know disney can be tough (and cheap), but i'm sure nobody's holding a gun to your head to work there. go wrestle alligators, pick oranges or squeegie car winshields on a freeway exit ramp (not as glamorous as you'd think). good luck.

I agree with Dopey here. No job is perfect but if you hate it that much than leave. I can't stand when people in my office start to complain about the littlest things. I just tell them that if it's that bad for you quit, because I don't want to hear it. S*** happens at work, you either deal or find something else. JMHO. :)
 

WDW-Imagineer

Well-Known Member
I'm not a cast member, but I would imagine that the most annoying thing is having to pull large, pant-less men out from behind a washing machine!! :eek: :eek:
 

Herbie53

Premium Member
If we want to hear the inside scoop from the cast members on this board (which I think most of us would), then the least we owe them is the opportunity to have a little moan now and then. No job is perfect! They are not on duty while posting, so complaining here is not bad show.
 

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom