Morocco Pavilion facing financial troubles

LittleBuford

Why would they want to change the country? They’ve already established that Alladin and friends can visit the country, the most Disney would want to do is a fancy meet and greet inside the old sit down restaurant.
I still don’t quite understand where people are getting the idea that Disney has hitherto been prevented from overhauling the Morocco pavilion but is now finally free to do so.

_caleb

If they must use movie IPs in WS, I still think a better approach is themed meet and greet mini areas. In the case of Morocco, put an Agrabah themed mini area just beside the pavilion rather than in the pavilion itself.

LittleBuford

And soon probably one we can fly on.
Is there some rumour I'm unaware of? Why do you believe Disney wants to put an Aladdin spinner in Morocco? Is this any likelier to happen now in the age of Covid and increased cultural sensitivity than it was in previous years? Where exactly in the pavilion would this spinner go? Do you really think the previous arrangement prevented Disney from adding such an attraction?

If you're just joking, please feel free to ignore these questions.

J4546

screw another ip, put in a new india, egypt, or brazil pavilion. I want a taj mahal or giant pyramid/sphynx at epcot

Obobru

Well I guess the souk will be full of plush and t-shirts soon enough, with the current quality of Disney merch at least it will look realistic as a lot of North African tourist souks are full of bad looking fakes.

I wonder if other counties third parties will pull out if the low attendance goes on for more than a year. In the past they made good money from selling half decent food but since the dining plan became so big they must earn less from food which is why it's not the quality it once was due to the need to cost cut. This company was maybe the smallest of the operators so I wonder who's the second smallest and next to fall.

tirian

Unfortunately, Passholders have made the — ahem — traditional fireplace in the back of the pavilion a hot new photospot. There’s no question it resembles part of the male anatomy, and I’m surprised Disney allowed it in the first place. I wonder how long it will take the company to renovate this area.

LastoneOn

Is there some rumour I'm unaware of? Why do you believe Disney wants to put an Aladdin spinner in Morocco? Is this any likelier to happen now in the age of Covid and increased cultural sensitivity than it was in previous years? Where exactly in the pavilion would this spinner go? Do you really think the previous arrangement prevented Disney from adding such an attraction?

If you're just joking, please feel free to ignore these questions.
someone just tossed it out there for a laugh Got this whole "is Morocco arab enough" sort of thing going. and pages later..

LittleBuford

Unfortunately, Passholders have made the — ahem — traditional fireplace in the back of the pavilion a hot new photospot. There’s no question it resembles part of the male anatomy, and I’m surprised Disney allowed it in the first place. I wonder how long it will take the company to renovate this area.
Oh my! Could you clarify what changes they’ve made exactly?

TrainsOfDisney

Did Rolly Crump design it?

(He designed the inappropriate tiki god at the preshow of the tiki room in Cali. - those original imagineers had quite the sense of humor didn’t they? ;)

tirian

Did Rolly Crump design it?

(He designed the inappropriate tiki god at the preshow of the tiki room in Cali. - those original imagineers had quite the sense of humor didn’t they? ;)
🤣 No, but his memoir/book reveals he was quite the hairy-chested, muscular lady’s man back in the 1960s. He had a fratboy sense of humor — Gaston with an artsy side.

The Moroccan government built the pavilion and contributed to its design.

LittleBuford

Disney hasn’t made any changes.

There are now lines of Instagrammers waiting for their turn to take a photo next to the giant fireplace.

After the painted wall in Tomorrowland and the hideous “filter-friendly” castle, it’s gratifying to see Disney get burned by the Insta crowd. :D
Thanks for clarifying.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom