Morimoto asia or chef arts homecoming?

LeighM

I can't say how good Morimoto's is since we were only able to eat at their Street Food window (thanks to Hurricane Matthew) but I would have to chose Homecomin' just because I prefer Southern food. The shrimps and grits were some of the best I've had and the hummingbird cake was delicious!

Jess G

Original Poster
I can't say how good Morimoto's is since we were only able to eat at their Street Food window (thanks to Hurricane Matthew) but I would have to chose Homecomin' just because I prefer Southern food. The shrimps and grits were some of the best I've had and the hummingbird cake was delicious!

It's the cake and drinks that's drawing me in lol

Amos1784

One more vote for Morimoto!

I don't know what your dining party is like but if you have the flexibility have and appetizer and a drink at Homecomin and meals at Morimoto. We think the best things on the menu at Homecomin are the appetizers.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Both are good, I don't think you would be disappointed in either. My husband prefers Morimoto's, but not by that much, because he likes Asian food more than I do so he doesn't eat it much. I prefer the homestyle cooking of Homecomin' over the Asian food.

If you don't mind doing the walk up windows you could sample cuisine from both. Or you could go to the bars for both and order an appetizer at both.

Jess G

Original Poster
Both are good, I don't think you would be disappointed in either. My husband prefers Morimoto's, but not by that much, because he likes Asian food more than I do so he doesn't eat it much. I prefer the homestyle cooking of Homecomin' over the Asian food.

If you don't mind doing the walk up windows you could sample cuisine from both. Or you could go to the bars for both and order an appetizer at both.

Now thats a good idea! Maybe sit down @ homecoming and get a couple drinks and apps and have our official meal @ Morimoto

dreamfinder

Both are great meals. I second @Texas84 Morimoto is a higher end experience, and Homecomin' is more comfort foody. My DW prefers Homecomin', but I think she got suckered in by their drinks as much as anything else.

Don't think Homecomin' has a walk up window anymore. We asked a few weeks ago and were told they stopped the to-go menu in 2017. There is the outside bar, but it's not a to-go window like at Morimoto or Frontera.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Not eaten at Art Smith's place yet, but had his food when he was cooking up here in Tallahasse. Excellent. But not the type of cuisine at Homecoming.

Ate at Morimotos for the first time over MLK holiday. My food was excellent - get the ribs. The kids raved about their ramun duck soup.

But as @Texas84 said, two vastly different cuisines.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom