More stores to spend your $$$

mmexpress

Original Poster
I'm sure you alheard Disney Institute is going to be a DVC resort but I was also told by a cmlast week that the townhouses next to Marketplace are coming down and more shopping and dining is being built. The will call it EAST SIDE...

DisneyrazZ

Yay! more stuff to buy!! WoohoO!! :sohappy: i came home with $300 on my last Disney trip...not the next one though :goodnevil
I wonder what kind of shops they will build though..hmmm...guess we will see!!

~DisneyrazZ~

Pioneer Hall

For some reason I don't see this happening. They already have enough stuff, and the Institute really isn't a hop away from the marktplace. I just don't see them building more to DTD...wouldn't work.

mickeyfan

I was under the impression they were taking down those townhomes along the lake for the Vacation Club Villas!!!

But it could be possible, but I would suggest that they build a bridge from Downtown Disney over to the present Townhome area at the Disney Institute. I've walked it many times and it is not a short stroll.

They could do a lot with the Institute property.............it is huge!!

I have stayed in all the various accomodations at least once at the DI and none are within a short walking distance of the other. It really was (and is) a nice resort area, I'm saddened that they are changing it.

:(

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
not happening.. i can see it happening, but it doesn't seem feasible for at least 5 years.

Considering that an Eastside would prolly be an "arts" district, I can't see them opening up ONLY a strip mall of sorts.

Add a theatre in for good measure too..

mickeyfan

Just returned from Disney World yesterday and we took the Riverboat back to the resort. The CM on the boat told us that they were taking down the townhomes at the Disney Institute to make the East Side Shopping/Entertainment area, then they were going to build a new resort across the tennis court area and hook onto the main building that houses the registration area, restaurant, pool, and boat dock. I did notice that they had everything moved out of the town homes and were doing work on the canal area close to the road. He said all this should be complete by 2005. I did notice lights on in the treehouses and the fairway villas and he mentioned that they may start utilizing these again in the future. I have stayed at this resort many times and loved it. Can't wait to see what the final product will be! :D

WDW Imagineer

Originally posted by mktiggerman
not happening.. i can see it happening, but it doesn't seem feasible for at least 5 years.

I know that you are a cm and probably know more or even better then me but I think it could be very possible right now because DD is always busy even when I am there, and I see the crowds mostly in the West Side area so Disney might be building this East Side to "even out" the crowds more bring them more towards the marketplace area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom