More parking lots to close - E,F,G at Downtown Disney for Disney Springs construction

roj2323

I understand why but normal guests will not and the stores in DD will deffinetly see an additional drop in sales. Lets just hope they have this mess straightened out by 4th of july week and then again during the holidays.

SirLink

I understand why but normal guests will not and the stores in DD will deffinetly see an additional drop in sales. Lets just hope they have this mess straightened out by 4th of july week and then again during the holidays.

I don't think anyone knows why they are closing parking facilities, but aren't getting getting construction crews working on the first garage 24/7 ... but hey that may just be me.

TimeTrip

Are they re-opening other areas, or just sticking with the overflow areas already in place? Sticking with the existing open lots, DTD is going to be a complete trainwreck leading into the weeks around Easter. Just when you thought it couldn't get worse....

danlb_2000

Premium Member
These lots are right behind Pollo Compero which closes on the 19th, so I wonder if this is being done so they can do the demolition of the Pollo Compero building.

PhilharMagician

These lots are right behind Pollo Compero which closes on the 19th, so I wonder if this is being done so they can do the demolition of the Pollo Compero building.

I would think they would only need a small corner for that. Isn't the second garage covering part of E, F & G along with C & D.

What an absolute mess. I can see locals and most off site guests staying the heck away from DTD until all the dust settles and parking become more convenient again.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I would think they would only need a small corner for that. Isn't the second garage covering part of E, F & G along with C & D.

What an absolute mess. I can see locals and most off site guests staying the heck away from DTD until all the dust settles and parking become more convenient again.

The article says "parts" of the lots will be closed, so we don't know how much they will actually be taking.

jt04

This definitely is not as bad as what DL went through a few years ago. Once they get that first garage open parking should never be a problem again as they can add more garages before demand exceeds supply going forward. Everything does seem to be speeding up so new tenants may be eager to get in there. Just a guess.

mm121

this is definitely a project thats going to take longer than a few months

I don't think anyone knows why they are closing parking facilities, but aren't getting getting construction crews working on the first garage 24/7 ... but hey that may just be me.
I would assume they are wanting to start construction on the new shopping areas that are planned for that area.

Are they re-opening other areas, or just sticking with the overflow areas already in place? Sticking with the existing open lots, DTD is going to be a complete trainwreck leading into the weeks around Easter. Just when you thought it couldn't get worse....

right now only the over flow areas, there aren't really any other areas to re open at the moment with all the construction

it would seem logical.. as i dont thinnk they would of opted to go ahead and close this if they were just going to leave it empty and abandoned for a long time.. and if they wish to finish springs by 2016, they need to get started on the expanded shopping area ASAP.

Park across the street. It really isn't that crazy of a walk. I love seeing 50 cars pull in when the sign says 'LOT FULL'

they could definitely use some more lights for crossing the street to make it safer, its super dark at night.

WDWDad13

they need to try to start parking people a typhoon lagoon and bussing them over or do what I've always wanted (even before the construction)..run busses from the parks to DTD

mm121

they need to try to start parking people a typhoon lagoon and bussing them over or do what I've always wanted (even before the construction)..run busses from the parks to DTD

Using Typhoon (in the evenings) is definitely an idea, if the lot back behind Cirque is full along with the other alternate lots.. I'm not sure they've been doing it but originally I thought they announced having shuttles from Team Disney to DTD during the construction.

There is a specific reason why they dont and wont run busses directly to the parks from DTD, they don't want people to park at DTD and then bus to the parks, to avoid paying for parking, as this would only compound the parking problems at DTD.

omurice

RE the idea of a park to DTD bus -
They could experiment dead-heading a bus back to the parks, making it a one-way park to DTD transport. Perhaps would have to limit this to on-property guests. On-property could get back to their resort later and off-property would not be stranded (without a 2-step bus route back to park, or taking a cab). Also could run this DTD one-way service later in the day, such as after 3PM, so the desire to return to same park would be less.

There was a test where they experimented with a bus from AK to DTD last fall -- I wonder how that test went?

Next Big Thing

No.

If Disney wants my [COLORFUL LANGUAGE!] business, then they will allow me to park without having to play a human game of frogger.
Parking wasn't bad tonight at all. They weren't even parking people across the street. Granted it's a Monday, but I figured it'd be worse considering the Irish festival at Raglan and it being St. Patrick's Day.

PhotoDave219

Parking wasn't bad tonight at all. They weren't even parking people across the street. Granted it's a Monday, but I figured it'd be worse considering the Irish festival at Raglan and it being St. Patrick's Day.

It rained. It was a Monday. Personally, i had real world responsibilities.

tahqa

No.

If Disney wants my [COLORFUL LANGUAGE!] business, then they will allow me to park without having to play a human game of frogger.

Then don't go to Downtown Disney during construction. It's that simple. They want your business, sure, but they have to look towards the future and they are building towards that goal. Suck it up, Buttercup. :cool:

tahqa

So you endorse Disney's attitude of "F the guests?"
What would you have Disney do differently during this period? Not build the garages? Not update Downtown Disney? You're not an architect, or an engineer or a program manager. You don't know what planning is going on behind the scenes and why things are scheduled and staged the way they are (in all honesty neither do I).

Am I happy with the sucky parking? No, I'm not. Am I happy with them taking away parking for valet? No, I'm not. But I work around it with my visits to Downtown Disney. I don't try to go on weekend nights, or if I do I'll find alternate ways without using the surface lots.

You, on the other hand, seem to take it personally. Just my opinion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom