More Main St Vehicle Activity?

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Original Poster
I've heard that not only the Horse Drawn Trolleys are running more often (and usually more than one at a time), but both the Fire Engine and the Omnibus (double deck bus) have been spotted making rounds. Is this true? I honestly hope so. They add so much atmosphere to Main Street USA. If they have been out, has anyone seen the Jitney?

Kamikaze

The thing about the Main St vehicles is that by 1030-1100 (maybe a little later, depending on season) they are done for the day. The street is just too busy as the day goes on.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Original Poster
The thing about the Main St vehicles is that by 1030-1100 (maybe a little later, depending on season) they are done for the day. The street is just too busy as the day goes on.

I heard that they were out in force early Saturday afternoon. Pictures show a pretty crowded Main St, yet there were two trolleys in service!

Thurp

I can confirm that the horse trolley was out on Main Street until approximately 2:30 pm. I'm not sure if this a one-time occurrence or new scheduling.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Original Poster
I can confirm that the horse trolley was out on Main Street until approximately 2:30 pm. I'm not sure if this a one-time occurrence or new scheduling.

Hopefully it's new scheduling...how about other vehicles? I thought I heard that the omnibus and fire engine were out too.

Thurp

Hopefully it's new scheduling...how about other vehicles? I thought I heard that the omnibus and fire engine were out too.

I'm not 100% sure if the omnibus was out yesterday, days can run together in one's mind. I didn't see the fire engine but that doesn't mean it wasn't out at some point.

asianway

Two trolleys today running concurrently plus two jitneys and the fire engine. Probably due to misicit being early and late, they were still out when I left 5 min ago

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Original Poster
Two trolleys today running concurrently plus two jitneys and the fire engine. Probably due to misicit being early and late, they were still out when I left 5 min ago

AWESOME! I hope people are stopping by guest relations and remarking positively on the vehicular traffic on Main Street.

I hope every fan takes the opportunity to ride these, not just for the experience, but to show to management that they should stick around, they serve a purpose. A huge group of us yesterday (about 24) piled into one trolley, and it was kinda amazing. We even sang the trolley song.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Original Poster
I hope every fan takes the opportunity to ride these, not just for the experience, but to show to management that they should stick around, they serve a purpose. A huge group of us yesterday (about 24) piled into one trolley, and it was kinda amazing. We even sang the trolley song.

Wish I'd been there...sounds like fun!

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Original Poster

So you went from the PeopleMover to the Trolley...from the future to the past! Only at Disney!

MarkTwain

Somehow have missed these on every trip to the MK in recent years. Somehow, the vehicles running on a day to day basis is business as usual at Disneyland... nice to the Magic Kingdom might be getting back into the act!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom