More Info on the New NON-Disney Resort

BradleyJ

Originally posted by Fantasia Boi
Quite on the contrary. I have a feeling that guests staying at these resorts will have the same benefits of guests staying at Hotel Plaza Blvd... (E-Ride nights, Early Entry, if it comes back, etc)

The difference between this new resort and the Hotel Plaza resorts, is that Disney was the developer of the Hotel Plaza Area.

Disney worked with the original tenets and had an active role in construction. And the hotels were always intended to be "Official" hotels of WDW.

The Bonnet Creak property is different, Disney has been trying and failing to acquire the property for decades, and even lost in court when they tried to block the access road they were forced to build.

So I doubt, at least at first, Disney will be a friend to this resort.

The Mom

Premium Member

I wouldn't say Disney wants this resort on property. But, they can't do anything about it except welcome the new business, and make the best of it. Same with when Gaylord Palms opened up. Disney joined ventures with them to put a Disney store in there, and we welcome thier guests. Just like Gaylord Palms, the new Bonnet Creek resorts will bring in a different type of tourist, perhaps one that typically stays off property, but wants to be closer. *shrug*

It suspect this resort will appeal to people who want to stay in a condo, but don't want to join DVC or pay WDW prices. I have stayed at many Fairfield resorts using my RCI exchanges, and they have been very nice. Since I live so close, I wouldn't use them at WDW, but I'm sure they will be quite popular.

And you're right...Disney can't do anything about it! Blocking someone else's access to their property is really frowned upon...we spent almost 3 years in the courts because someone tried to block ours, and prevailed in the end.

TURKEY

Originally posted by WDW Imagineer
The Orlando Sentinel has an article telling how the new hotel is going to be a Fairfield Inn.

This isn't going to be a Fairfield Inn. Fairfield Inns are by Marriot. This Fairfield is something completely different.

jmarc63

Ok........

I checked some maps I have of the area that show the borders of WDW property. There maps are about 10 years old so if Disney purchased other parcels they werent represented so this is based on that information.

Below in the Pic the black line represents the WDW property border

Attachments

• 00 new hoten non.jpg
    00 new hoten non.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 108

jmarc63

I wouldn't say Disney wants this resort on property. But, they can't do anything about it except welcome the new business, and make the best of it. Same with when Gaylord Palms opened up. Disney joined ventures with them to put a Disney store in there, and we welcome thier guests. Just like Gaylord Palms, the new Bonnet Creek resorts will bring in a different type of tourist, perhaps one that typically stays off property, but wants to be closer. *shrug*

Where is the Gaylord Palms located

disneydudette

Is this "Fairfield" goig to be a highrise......if it were I stay there for the view of Epcot....but none the less.....I think that will bring down the attendence of the CBR.....nobody wants to look at a 20+ story high building at the crack of dawn.....in my opinion a real eye sore to the WDW proberty and company......

Atticus

Actually I think the Dolphin look better than half the Disney run hotels! The service at the Dolphin was 100x better than the same amount of days we spent at the Grand Floridian. The Swan/Dolphin offer such good rates to teachers and they are in the prime spot. They fit in perfectly with the rest of Disney World. If Disney didn't like those, they wouldn't have been promoting them back before they were built when I was visiting. All throughout the resort I saw models and other stuff.

Mike

jmarc63

They were invited

Originally posted by FutureCEO
an eyesore just like the outside of the Dolphin and Swan, they get Disney's freebies too.

The Dolphin and the Swan ia a diffrent matter, there were invited by Disney to operate the hotels. Disney designed and built them for Shearaton. I never unstood this desion, maybe it was the best way to have a UPSCALE hotel to add to the hotel plaza concept?????

Invero

So here's my question...

Who governs this new Bonnet Creek area? Does it fall within the Reedy Creek Improvment District? Or is it Osceola or Orange county? Just curious how the zoning will be handled...

jmarc63

So here's my question...

Who governs this new Bonnet Creek area? Does it fall within the Reedy Creek Improvment District? Or is it Osceola or Orange county? Just curious how the zoning will be handled...

Well lets look at where the land is.

First since they aren't on disney property so they dont fall under the reedy creek improovment district.

Second they are in orange county so if there is a governmental body incorporated governing this site it probably would be them other wise it would be orange county

I do suspect some how that this new hotel would contract and pay for fire services to reedy creek givin that there is a fire station less that a quarter mile from that site.

Not shure on police and government

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom