More Info on the New NON-Disney Resort

WDW Imagineer

Original Poster
The Orlando Sentinel has an article telling how the new hotel is going to be a Fairfield Inn.

According the article Fairfield is actually buying the land from the company that started development on the area already.

Fairfield plans to build timeshare on the land instead of a resort. This can be good or bad however you look at it.

Here is the address of the article:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busi...062702jun27.story?coll=orl-business-headlines

Rider

Ooooooooooo!! At the bottom.... Disney built time shares!

Anyway, it sounds like just part of this land was sold to them. So there is going to be more coming.

TURKEY

Originally posted by MKingdom25
Just a point of clarification for a non-Florida resident here. This is outside of WDW property correct?

No. It's next to Carribean Beach. On Buena Vista Drive, there is a stop light before you get to CB. At that light, you could turn right. The intersection is a "T". They are/were building an entry road to the left at that intersection to lead to that property.

WDW Imagineer

Original Poster
Originally posted by turkey leg boy

No. It's next to Carribean Beach. On Buena Vista Drive, there is a stop light before you get to CB. At that light, you could turn right. The intersection is a "T". They are/were building an entry road to the left at that intersection to lead to that property.

Actually the where the new resort is posistioned is actually off Disney property but it is surrounded by Disney on 3 sides.

MrPromey

Originally posted by WDW Imagineer

Actually the where the new resort is posistioned is actually off Disney property but it is surrounded by Disney on 3 sides.

And the fourth side backs up to highway so Disney is required by law to give them right of way access. What does this mean? Their entrance will be inside Disney. :(

CmdrTostada

I think this is the construction site

Attachments

• hotel site.jpg
    hotel site.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 307

wdwmaniac

Fairfield by Marriott??? If it is that would be good they already have a Courtyard by Marriott but I do know there another Fairfeild company owned by Cendent Hotels.

WDW Imagineer

Original Poster
I not really sure, but if someone can correct me on this, go right ahead.

I beleive this is the site, next to the caribbean beach, it can be seen from Epcot Center drive the last time I drove down that road. The blue line symbolizes where disney's land borders that land.

Attachments

• gex.jpg
    gex.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 273

ToTBellHop

That's irritating...you will be able to see it from both Caribbean Beach and Pop Century...this is why Walt bought so much land...so this kinda crap wouldn't happen. I'm sure disney will find a way to make life a living hell for these "outsiders" though...ya know...something mean like making them pay every time their busses go "anywhere are disney property"...or have Pop Century dump all of its trash at a site 100 yards from this new property...

DonickCo

There will be a nice green belt between the two. It won’t be that bad, Disney is very good at hiding things when they have too.

-DonickCo

Attachments

• 00untitled-2 copy.jpg
    00untitled-2 copy.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 178

Invero

Originally posted by DogsRule!
That's irritating...you will be able to see it from both Caribbean Beach and Pop Century...this is why Walt bought so much land...so this kinda crap wouldn't happen.

I doubt it will be visible. Look at how Disney hides things. I mean, can you see backstage of Epcot from the front entrance of CBR? Of course not, it's hidden. But it's just a lil bit behind those trees!

I'm sure disney will find a way to make life a living hell for these "outsiders" though...ya know...something mean like making them pay every time their busses go "anywhere are disney property"...or have Pop Century dump all of its trash at a site 100 yards from this new property...

Quite on the contrary. I have a feeling that guests staying at these resorts will have the same benefits of guests staying at Hotel Plaza Blvd... (E-Ride nights, Early Entry, if it comes back, etc)

Also... they might elect to use Disney Transport as thier transportation provider. Hotel Plaza Blvd used to use us for transportation, but they elected for the cheaper Fleetwood/Bethany charter busses.

BTW: Thanks DonickCo for the additional aerial shots... :)

ToTBellHop

Disney WANTS this resort on property??? By the way, how tall is the resort to be? You can clearly see off property from Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Invero

Disney WANTS this resort on property??? By the way, how tall is the resort to be?

I wouldn't say Disney wants this resort on property. But, they can't do anything about it except welcome the new business, and make the best of it. Same with when Gaylord Palms opened up. Disney joined ventures with them to put a Disney store in there, and we welcome thier guests. Just like Gaylord Palms, the new Bonnet Creek resorts will bring in a different type of tourist, perhaps one that typically stays off property, but wants to be closer. *shrug*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom