Trip Report More Fun than I ever Imagined on the Re-Imagined Magic!

It’s time for a trip report on the brand new Disney Magic!! Okay not-quite-as-new-as-if-I’d-written-this-report-in-October Disney Magic!

Sorry. I’m only a couple of trips behind now at least! :D

Who: Myself, Heather and Missy! Here’s our (bad) phone selfie!

What: The inaugural sailing of the reimagined Disney Magic. It actually wasn’t supposed to be the inaugural sailing but the inaugural sailing was cancelled due to damage the ship sustained when crossing the ocean. I hated that for those booked, but I was not sad to be the first ones onboard! :oops:

Where: A two night cruise to nowhere out of Miami! Short and sweet. Our motto was no time for sleep! We could sleep when we got home.

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Day 1 – October 24th – Travel Day

Not too much to report this day! I left Las Vegas early afternoon, but didn’t land until 10:30 that night. I was so jealous of Missy and Heather who got there earlier than me!

My bag was reasonably quick, so I grabbed a taxi and headed to our hotel for the evening – Marriott Biscayne Bay. The cab trip was 20 minutes or so and the cab driver didn’t say a word the entire time.

Little awkward. :rolleyes:

When we arrived, I paid for the taxi and went inside. Where I was immediately greeted by shrieks of “HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TAMMY!!!!!!!!!!!”

Lol. That would be Heather and Missy and yes my birthday was tomorrow! What a way to celebrate, right? :)

Here’s the view from our room. Man we were high! I was so hoping we would see the ship pull in and we were tracking her online, but no luck.

We got our stuff ready for the next day, talked and talked, and Heather did her online check in for her family cruise in January and snagged a cabana!

Woo hoo!!

We celebrated my birthday even more at midnight and went to bed around 1.

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
After we finished we said thank you and goodbye, packed up our stuff and headed down for the short bus trip. There she is!

Going inside!

It was hard going on a trip with two shy and reserved people who wouldn’t pose for any pictures…

In line for check in:

Hey! I know that photobomber!! Hi again @DisneyJoe !

Several cast members insisted we would not be boarding until around 1 and it was about 11:30? We knew that was the standard line though and weren’t too worried.

DAKOTADISNEY

What a nice suprise for a Monday to find a new trip report from Disneyfalcon! Reading along and loving the pictures. The atrium lights remind me of upside down wedding cakes or ice cream cones.

TheMouseFan

Yay!! Another Tammy report! And it's a cruise report! (As if I could get any more excited for my cruise, but all these cruise reports are great!) I agree, I'm not loving that chandelier! It just seems so unimpressive compared to the other ones I have seen in pics! Can't wait to read more!

Ariel484

Yay!! So many cruise reports in the forums now...love it!

Your into selfie is really cute. :)

It was hard going on a trip with two shy and reserved people who wouldn’t pose for any pictures…
:hilarious: Love this!
This made me snort! Haven't seen it in person (YET) but from what I have seen in pictures I think I agree with you.

Love the pictures as usual! Looking forward to more. :)

PolynesianPrincess

YAY! Another TR for me to read to keep me from working on my TR's!! lol

Not a fan of the new chandelier. It just seems so small and... basic looking, I guess. My eyes are automatically drawn to the chandelier on the Dream but this doesn't really pull my eyes to it. Maybe I will feel different when I see it in person but from pics, I just don't dig it!

Can't wait to read more!! :)

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
What a nice suprise for a Monday to find a new trip report from Disneyfalcon! Reading along and loving the pictures. The atrium lights remind me of upside down wedding cakes or ice cream cones.

Well that's so sweet! :)

It totally looks like upside down wedding cakes!! You are so right!

Yay!! Another Tammy report! And it's a cruise report! (As if I could get any more excited for my cruise, but all these cruise reports are great!) I agree, I'm not loving that chandelier! It just seems so unimpressive compared to the other ones I have seen in pics! Can't wait to read more!

It's a cruise report to add to your excitement!! Yay!! It is a little unimpressive. It wasn't ugly, it just didn't blow me away like the others!

YAY! Another TR for me to read to keep me from working on my TR's!! lol

Not a fan of the new chandelier. It just seems so small and... basic looking, I guess. My eyes are automatically drawn to the chandelier on the Dream but this doesn't really pull my eyes to it. Maybe I will feel different when I see it in person but from pics, I just don't dig it!

Can't wait to read more!! :)

Hey! No stalling on yours! Lol

That's so true. It just doesn't pull you in!

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Yay!! So many cruise reports in the forums now...love it!

Your into selfie is really cute. :)

:hilarious: Love this!

This made me snort! Haven't seen it in person (YET) but from what I have seen in pictures I think I agree with you.

Love the pictures as usual! Looking forward to more. :)

I love all the cruise reports too!!

Right? They're such boring travel companions! :)

Tiggerfanatic

Yay! More cruise trip reports, please. Having to go along with the majority here on the chandelier - not really wow worthy. Loving all the pictures keep 'em coming!

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
always good to see your reports!
gorgeous photos btw!

Thanks, Cesar! :)

uhh... cow utter chandelier?? not sure how that one got by the committee :)

Lol!

Yay! More cruise trip reports, please. Having to go along with the majority here on the chandelier - not really wow worthy. Loving all the pictures keep 'em coming!

Not really wow worthy. :)
More coming today!

Disney gave you a reimagined ship for your birthday. You are so awesome. :)

It was all about me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom