Pre-Trip More amazing than the time Michael Jackson came to your house to use the bathroom?

More amazing than the time you saved those old people from that nursing home fire, right?

Yeah, and I bet it was even more amazing than the time you ate your weight in Godfather's pizza.

Okay, Michael Jackson didn't come over to my house to use the bathroom...... But his sister did!

And even more amazing than that is...we are going back to WDW! If you would like to follow along, there is but one requirement...

All together now...

Now, lets get down to business.

Who: My wife C and I. And possibly C Minor (our niece), depending on how her schedule and school grades are.
IMG_20180711_125859.jpg

And Minor:

IMG_20180711_125935.jpg

Where: Boardwalk Villas, studio room, pool/garden view

When: December, 8 days so far but as always, we will add more.

We recently returned from a 7 day trip in July. We brought C Minor with us and it was our first time travelling with a kid and we had a blast! We had actually booked the upcoming December trip before we even left for our July trip and it is sort of a Christmas gift/vacation for C and I but we had soooo much fun with Minor that we may bring her back with us. Only issue is that she would have to miss about 4 or 5 days of school and here in Georgia that can be rough from what my brother (Minors Dad) tells me. I guess the school can really come down hard on you for unexcused absences nowadays. What a shame. But we shall see.

Our travel dates have us returning about a week before Christmas and the more we plan, the more we wanted a few more days! We have wanted to stay at the Waldorf Astoria and we figured this would be a good chance. Of course we got on Youtube and watched some videos of the Waldorf and we loved it so we very well may add two days to the beginning of the trip and check it out. C and her Mom have a trip booked for October to check out Food and Wine Festival so she is excited to get to see Disney at Halloween and Christmas.

Thats all for now, updates to come soon. Thanks for following along and have a great day!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
even though there are open tables available outside and you will have to go out there and find a seat before you can eat, this woman decided parking her double-wide stroller and waiting directly next to the line of people ordering food and taking up a majority of the room to pass by was a great idea. after several people trying to pass her forced her to adjust her position, she seemed perturbed by their audacity to try and get to the exit LOL.

IMG_20181216_114034.jpg

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
A little Spice Road table action for dinner and drinks before Illuminations
IMG_20181216_204551.jpg
IMG_20181216_203936.jpg

C had the fried hummus at F&W and loved it. We also tried the fried Brie and both were great. We sampled a few of the beers and we liked them as well.

This was our first time at Spice Road and it did not disappoint. The service was extremely good and the food and drinks we're awesome. We are already planning on coming back this trip.

Spash007

We just got back Saturday night, and it seems like our paths almost crossed Thursday and Friday several times. We were *this* close to trying Baseline for lunch on Thursday, but with a pregnant wife who can't drink and a 4 year old, we figured we probably weren't the right fit. Next time!

Also got the Kungaloosh while we were strolling through Asia, and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was pretty well rounded IMO.

even though there are open tables available outside and you will have to go out there and find a seat before you can eat, this woman decided parking her double-wide stroller and waiting directly next to the line of people ordering food and taking up a majority of the room to pass by was a great idea. after several people trying to pass her forced her to adjust her position, she seemed perturbed by their audacity to try and get to the exit LOL.

View attachment 333684

And I couldn't believe how much we ran into situations like this this trip, much more than in the past it seemed. Whether it was people with strollers, or just looking at their phones, or just blatantly ignoring smoking sections, the amount of oblivious people baffled me. In line for the Magic Carpets some stranger even had to pick up another lady's kid after that kid just walked all the way down the queue and the mother didn't even notice!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Ha ha ha!! That was exactly my reaction, too, when I saw his photo!! :hilarious:
Must be cold, that white shirt has long sleeves!
A white v neck t shirt is my favorite, but a long sleeve Henley is my winter go to! It wasn't too cold out, just a bit of a breeze that made it chilly enough for long sleeves. The weather has been great. We love December in Orlando because you can wear shorts and a shirt during the day, but put on pants and a light jacket or long sleeve by night.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
We just got back Saturday night, and it seems like our paths almost crossed Thursday and Friday several times. We were *this* close to trying Baseline for lunch on Thursday, but with a pregnant wife who can't drink and a 4 year old, we figured we probably weren't the right fit. Next time!

Also got the Kungaloosh while we were strolling through Asia, and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was pretty well rounded IMO.

And I couldn't believe how much we ran into situations like this this trip, much more than in the past it seemed. Whether it was people with strollers, or just looking at their phones, or just blatantly ignoring smoking sections, the amount of oblivious people baffled me. In line for the Magic Carpets some stranger even had to pick up another lady's kid after that kid just walked all the way down the queue and the mother didn't even notice!
Everything you described is also what we have witnessed more than usual. We were in line for Peter Pan (FP line) and watched a lady allow her baby to walk under the chains and scurry off before she decided to fetch him, but then her other son ran off in the other direction. All she had do was stop the baby, and she stood there watching it run off. It was very odd. Then she was upset when her kids were all over the place and started arguing with her husband.

We watched Illuminations last night and as the show started we smelled cigarette smoke and sure enough there was a couple that had lit up behind us and it was not a smoking area. We just moved to a different area. But by far, we have seen more people either stop with their ridiculously large double-wide stroller in the middle of a busy area or people who bring their scooters into the quick Service locations while their family orders and then are forced to maneuver around the turn styles to exit. I don't mind scooters at all, but why not just go find a table and wait instead of jamming up the area where people order? Same for strollers.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
We really enjoyed Spice Road Table last night. Such great service and food. We know experiences can vary at TS restaurants but I'm glad our first time there was good. But it wasn't just our server. We noticed a very good team over all there. When our server brought out the tray with our food, a manger was walking by but stopped and took a few of the dishes and set them on table for him and gave us a nod and said, "enjoy". We noticed many of the staff helping each other out and they said hello as they passed by.

And our server Karim, was just awesome. Very polite and extremely knowledgeable about the menu and we did not feel rushed at any time. Can't wait to go back!
IMG_20181216_203913.jpg

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
They reopened the pathway leading to HS from Boardwalk! The alternate route they made you take was seriously long. They even repaved it.
IMG_20181217_110029.jpg

and the new restrooms along the path are open. Here's an image. I like that they kept the older HS color scheme
IMG_20181217_110222.jpg
IMG_20181217_110226.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom