Monthly Annual Pass cancelation

malevolentmuse

Original Poster
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has ever been in a similar situation and could give me a heads up as to what happens. My wife and I have just found out we'll have to move for employment reasons within the next few months. The problem is we literally just renewed our monthly passes last month. Does anyone know if there is a buy-out or anything else Disney does in such situations? When my first wife and I split up I called Universal and they canceled the ex's card and stopped billing me for it (we had been customers for years so that probably played a part), but I know Disney has more of a reputation towards customer service so I figured they wouldn't have a similar response. Any help would be beneficial. I'm just trying to do some advance research before my wife gets back next week. Thanks!

epcotisbest

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has ever been in a similar situation and could give me a heads up as to what happens. My wife and I have just found out we'll have to move for employment reasons within the next few months. The problem is we literally just renewed our monthly passes last month. Does anyone know if there is a buy-out or anything else Disney does in such situations? When my first wife and I split up I called Universal and they canceled the ex's card and stopped billing me for it (we had been customers for years so that probably played a part), but I know Disney has more of a you towards customer service so I figured they wouldn't have a similar response. Any help would be beneficial. I'm just trying to do some advance research before my wife gets back next week. Thanks!

Never heard of a monthly annual pass. I am going to assume you mean you are a Florida resident making monthly payments on an annual pass.
This is straight from the Disney website:
"All Passes: All passes exclude activities/events separately priced. Pass types, entitlements and prices subject to change without notice. Passes are nontransferable and nonrefundable."
Of course, you could always call customer service and explain the situation, but I don't think that would help. You did buy nonrefundable tickets.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gig 'Em Mickey

I assume you've actually used it already? wonder if they'd work with you and only charge you for the amount (days) you've actually used it.

sean4066

my family had 5 Florida resident annual pass's and had to cancel one mid year and after calling Disney they had no problem canceling one. Now we have four going on our third year. Just don't expect them to refund any money

fireworksandfairytales

In the Parks
No
I tried to cancel mine last year because I started working for Disney and still had multiple months left to make payments on, but they wouldn't let me cancel it.

I hope you have better luck than I did :)

tribbleorlfl

When I renewed ours in February, I paid special attention to the contract because I was trying to get a job w/ the mouse at the time, thus didn't want to be stuck making payments for useless passes if I did get the job.

I'm pretty sure there was a provision where if payments were failed to be made, the pass was cancelled on the day of the missed payment. Not sure how that would happen since they set up automatic payments, though I guess you could either not have the funds in the account or reached the credit limit.

That being said, I don't recall there being a specific cancellation provision on the passholder's side for situations such as these. If Disney isn't willing to work with you, you can always try calling your financial institution and block the payments. Don't be surprised if it hits your credit, though, as Disney shows up as a Creditor under these monthly agreements.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
When I renewed ours in February, I paid special attention to the contract because I was trying to get a job w/ the mouse at the time, thus didn't want to be stuck making payments for useless passes if I did get the job.

I'm pretty sure there was a provision where if payments were failed to be made, the pass was cancelled on the day of the missed payment. Not sure how that would happen since they set up automatic payments, though I guess you could either not have the funds in the account or reached the credit limit.

That being said, I don't recall there being a specific cancellation provision on the passholder's side for situations such as these. If Disney isn't willing to work with you, you can always try calling your financial institution and block the payments. Don't be surprised if it hits your credit, though, as Disney shows up as a Creditor under these monthly agreements.
I believe they could also turn the unpaid balance over to a collection agency under the terms of the contract.

JIMINYCR

I believe they could also turn the unpaid balance over to a collection agency under the terms of the contract.

I hear Disney has its own collection agency...
They send these guys over to collect...

Peg_Leg_Pete.jpg

They keep it personal... get better response showing up at your door than dealing over the phone.

Peg_Leg_Pete.jpg

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Will you no longer be able to go to WDW? If you can, just continue to pay it or pay the balance and use it. Unless there is a clause in the contract that covers moving out of Florida during the year your pass is active.

DisneySaint

Like a poster above said, check the terms of the contract. Personally I would just stop paying, though. The pass will obviously cease to work but at least you don't have to pay. And if Disney wants to send you to collections let them. It's not like it's going to show up on your credit report.

epcotisbest

Like a poster above said, check the terms of the contract. Personally I would just stop paying, though. The pass will obviously cease to work but at least you don't have to pay. And if Disney wants to send you to collections let them. It's not like it's going to show up on your credit report.
That is some really bad advice. If you have a debt obligation and decide you no longer want to pay your bills, do you really just stop paying and believe it does not affect your credit rating?
At my company, when we have a position to fill, when we narrow the applicants down to a few good choices, a simple credit check can be the determining factor in who gets hired. A person who meets his or her debt obligations may also be likely to meet their work obligation.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
That is some really bad advice. If you have a debt obligation and decide you no longer want to pay your bills, do you really just stop paying and believe it does not affect your credit rating?
At my company, when we have a position to fill, when we narrow the applicants down to a few good choices, a simple credit check can be the determining factor in who gets hired. A person who meets his or her debt obligations may also be likely to meet their work obligation.

Especially if the job is in the financial services industry. We also do a background check through local law enforcement since we handle large sums of money.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom