Monte Christo Sandwich?

MichRX7

Premium Member
Man, I just got back from D-land and I must say that the Monte Christo sandwich at the Blue Bayou is to die for...

Does anyone know if any of the restaurants in the MK serve this same sandwich?

And if you get the chance, get a reservation for the Blue Bayou at DL, it's as good as everyone states...

FatBoy976

The Columbia Harbor House in Liberty Square at the Magic Kingdom used to have one. When I was a kid, I had to get one every trip. They were so good. I'm not sure if they still serve them there, but if they do, they come highly recommended.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Here is the Monte Cristo Sandwich Blue Bayou

List of Ingredients

Make Sauce cool [assemble sandwhich]

Currant Jelly Sauce
2/3 c. currant jelly
1 TB water
1 TB half and half
Combine jelly, water and half and half in blender and mix until smooth. Makes about 3/4 cup.

Batter
2/3 c. water
1 small egg
1/2 t. salt
1/8 t. white pepper
few drops yellow food coloring
2/3 c. all-purpose flour
1 3/4 t. baking powder
Place water, egg, salt, pepper and food coloring in a bowl and using an electric mixer, mix well at low speed. Add flour and baking powder and mix until batter is smooth. Chill. Makes enough for 4 sandwiches.

Sandwiches
8 slices white bread
4 slices turkey (1 oz. each)
4 slices swiss cheese
4 slices Pullman ham
Make 4 sandwiches, putting cheese between ham and turkey. Cut into fourths and put a toothpick through each quarter.
Final Preparation:
soybean or vegetable oil for frying
Confectioners' sugar
currant jelly sauce

Recipe

Heat about 6-inches of oil to 340F in a fryer. Dip sandwiches in batter to cover all surfaces. Deep fry sandwiches until golden brown, turning as needed. Remove from oil, take out toothpicks, sprinkle sandwiches with confectioners' sugar. Serve with currant jelly sauce.

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Love the Monte Cristos. I am still very sad that they don't sell them anymore at the Columbia Harbour House. I still go there to get the chicken strips though, those are the best chicken strips.

Upvote 0

BRER STITCH

WOW! :eek:

What a memeory you just triggered!

Monte Cristo sandwiches wre onthe menu EVERY SINGLE DAY at college. If you didn't like the main course in the dining hall, you knew you could always get a MCS!

The much healthier (if thats even possible!) way to do it is to make it like a grilled cheese sandwich by lightly buttering both sides of the bread and tossing it onto a grillde or frying pan. Flip over when browned to do the other side.

It's a grilled ham and cheese sandwich with turkey! They ARE good though!

Never tried it with jelly and sugar though...:hurl: We preferred mustard or mayo!

:slurp:

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Yours sound good, but every recipe I've seen has them dipped in a batter of some sort....definately not low fat or calorie. :wave:

(now I really want to try one. :slurp: )

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom