Montana Tomorrowland?

Phroobar

We sent an email off to Tony Baxter about OP's picture.

"Tomorrowland piece is from the "Tomorrowland 2055" concept we were hoping to do before the much leaner "New Tomorrowland" 1997 was approved. I can recognize the final design for Alien Encounter in the back. This attraction was well along in design and ended up at WDW in a modified version. The rest of the buildings are early iterations and changed many times during the concept period. The final version of the Carrousel resembled a crashed space ship which this does not.

There were a lot of outside artists on the project. Eric Heschon, and Greg Pro come to mind. Another possibility is that it is Disneyland commissioned PR art. This is less likely because of the early nature of the design.

Tony

TwilightZone

Original Poster

"Tomorrowland piece is from the "Tomorrowland 2055" concept we were hoping to do before the much leaner "New Tomorrowland" 1997 was approved. I can recognize the final design for Alien Encounter in the back. This attraction was well along in design and ended up at WDW in a modified version. The rest of the buildings are early iterations and changed many times during the concept period. The final version of the Carrousel resembled a crashed space ship which this does not.

There were a lot of outside artists on the project. Eric Heschon, and Greg Pro come to mind. Another possibility is that it is Disneyland commissioned PR art. This is less likely because of the early nature of the design.

Tony
So cool that tony actually answered your email!

George Lucas on a Bench

I miss Alien Encounter. It had the weirdest pre-shows.What were they thinking? I remember I used to be afraid when I was little that the roller coaster style restraints wouldn't stop and they'd crush my body.

Figments Friend

Tony

:)

Just as I had mentioned earlier on....post # 6 here......and now confirmed by the man himself.
This dragon knows her BaxterAttractions.

Love ya, Tony.

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom