Monsters Inc Proposal Planning

Goofy42

Original Poster
I want to propose to my girlfriend this Saturday 3/22/14 at the Monsters Inc Laugh Floor show in Magic Kingdom as it is one of her favorite attractions. Does anybody know if I could make this happen and how? I was given a number to call, but that number has weird hours. I am going to drive down to WDW tomorrow to talk to somebody about setting it up. If anybody has done this or knows somebody who has, your help would be greatly appreciated.

Goofy42

Original Poster
UPDATE: For anybody who has read this and is curious, I drove a total of 5 hours today to see if the CMs at the Laugh Floor could help me. The CM I talked to at the line was very helpful and pretty sure they could get something together. She called her manager, and her manager gave me a resounding "I don't know". I thought going in advance would give me a more likely chance of them saying yes, but he said to try again on the day of the proposal, and they might be able to put something together but he didn't know for sure. I'll definitely try again on Saturday. Until then, I will be making plenty of phone calls and e-mailing people seeing if I can get a more definitive answer. In the meantime, does anybody have any good, creative, back-up ideas? I'd like to try to do something that isn't overdone. She will love it no matter what, but this proposal has been a long time coming, and I want to do something surprising.

Weather_Lady

A proposal is surprising in and of itself, regardless of when and where it happens.

My husband proposed to me via a scavenger hunt around our town, and it was a wonderful way to build the anticipation. Perhaps you could design your own, doling out clues at various locations around the Magic Kingdom to your girlfriend, or even make use of one of Disney's own scavenger hunts (for example, doing the Pirate's Adventure in Adventureland and presenting your fiance with the proposal and ring as the "treasure" at the end).

There are some more ideas in this thread: :)

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/proposal-i-found-on-youtube.853436/

Goofy42

Original Poster
UPDATE: So we went to MK on Saturday. I surprised her with breakfast at the Grand Floridian, and then we got to the park shortly after park opening. We went directly to Tomorrowland to ride Space Mountain, but first we stopped by the restroom. While she went in to the restroom. I went over to the Laugh Floor quickly to ask the CM if we could work the proposal out. He said he couldn't make any guarantees, but he would try his hardest. I told him we'd be back after riding Space Mountain to give him some time. He told me that would be good and he would let me know if it was a go or not in a subtle way when we came through the line. I cut through the gift shops on the way back to the bathroom and tell my no fiancee that I was looking for a shirt since she was already waiting outside the restroom. Fast forward, we get off Space Mountain. I actually do go buy a shirt to give the CM a little more time. We leave the store, and at this time my heart is pounding through my chest. We get in the line. I freak out for a short second because the CM I talked to was no longer at the entrance, but then we saw him inside, and when he saw me he gave me a nod. I knew it was a go. I thought knowing that it was going to work the way I wanted it to would help my nerves a little. It didn't. My heart was beating so fast that I thought it was going to give away that I was doing something. Anyway, once he nods I start executing the plan. I start texting tell my girlfriend some cheesy choke I was going to write, but really I write Sara, will you marry me? I send it in then I promptly delete it. The show was very funny, and it gets to the Marty Wasowzki part. He reads off two jokes, and then says, "Logan from Indiana we're having a little trouble understanding your joke. Can you raise your hand and help us tell the joke?" I raise my hand. They bring a microphone over to me. I have already gotten the ringbox prepared. I get down on one knee. There is a collective gasp from the audience, and for whatever reason Sara doesn't notice that there is a ring right in front of her. She was thought I was trying to find my phone to ask the joke. She said, "What are you doing? Just tell the joke. I remember it. I'll tell it." The audience laughed, then she looked down, I asked her, she said how did I do this, then she started crying and said yes. It was amazing. The only problem is it was only us two, so there were no pictures or videos taken. There were people from the audience who took pictures and video, so I'm going to do my best to find those people through the Internet. I know it's a long shot, but it's worth a try. So if you know anybody who watched the laugh floor show the morning of 3/22/14 send them my way please.

NYwdwfan

UPDATE: So we went to MK on Saturday. I surprised her with breakfast at the Grand Floridian, and then we got to the park shortly after park opening. We went directly to Tomorrowland to ride Space Mountain, but first we stopped by the restroom. While she went in to the restroom. I went over to the Laugh Floor quickly to ask the CM if we could work the proposal out. He said he couldn't make any guarantees, but he would try his hardest. I told him we'd be back after riding Space Mountain to give him some time. He told me that would be good and he would let me know if it was a go or not in a subtle way when we came through the line. I cut through the gift shops on the way back to the bathroom and tell my no fiancee that I was looking for a shirt since she was already waiting outside the restroom. Fast forward, we get off Space Mountain. I actually do go buy a shirt to give the CM a little more time. We leave the store, and at this time my heart is pounding through my chest. We get in the line. I freak out for a short second because the CM I talked to was no longer at the entrance, but then we saw him inside, and when he saw me he gave me a nod. I knew it was a go. I thought knowing that it was going to work the way I wanted it to would help my nerves a little. It didn't. My heart was beating so fast that I thought it was going to give away that I was doing something. Anyway, once he nods I start executing the plan. I start texting tell my girlfriend some cheesy choke I was going to write, but really I write Sara, will you marry me? I send it in then I promptly delete it. The show was very funny, and it gets to the Marty Wasowzki part. He reads off two jokes, and then says, "Logan from Indiana we're having a little trouble understanding your joke. Can you raise your hand and help us tell the joke?" I raise my hand. They bring a microphone over to me. I have already gotten the ringbox prepared. I get down on one knee. There is a collective gasp from the audience, and for whatever reason Sara doesn't notice that there is a ring right in front of her. She was thought I was trying to find my phone to ask the joke. She said, "What are you doing? Just tell the joke. I remember it. I'll tell it." The audience laughed, then she looked down, I asked her, she said how did I do this, then she started crying and said yes. It was amazing. The only problem is it was only us two, so there were no pictures or videos taken. There were people from the audience who took pictures and video, so I'm going to do my best to find those people through the Internet. I know it's a long shot, but it's worth a try. So if you know anybody who watched the laugh floor show the morning of 3/22/14 send them my way please.

This is so unbelievably adorable. I think you may start a trend for a new proposal place at MK. Very clever thinking - I am SO happy this worked out for you!

Congrats ! DwSr fiancé thought about doing this for our proposal ( he's a former MILF cast member), but anything Ariel trumps Monsters Inc :). Now I just have to convince him that we should have our wedding at Ariel's at the Beach Club.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom