Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor

ChristianG

Original Poster
I don't get it. Why is this attraction so underrated?
I really love this attraction. It is not the best, but it's actually very entertaining. Especially "this guy" I always love laughing at "that guy's" face whenever they reference back to him.

What do you think of Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor? If you like it, why do you think it's so underrated?

Jasonflz

I think most people (myself included) don't care for it because of location. Monsters just don't fit Tomorrowland that well.

ChristianG

Original Poster
I think most people (myself included) don't care for it because of location. Monsters just don't fit Tomorrowland that well.

I understand that completely. But where else would it go? DHS would seem to be the only place it could fit, but there are already so many pixar related attractions there...

Sigmundooze

I love the attraction too! I think the main beef with it is that it doesn't belong in tomorrow land. I agree it shouldn't be there, it should be in dhs, pixar place.

fractal

I did it for the the first time last week - only because the kids wanted to try it and it was on walk-on. My expectation were pretty low, BUT I thought it was a hoot. I really enjoyed it and the crowd was really into it. Yeah, some parts are corny, but in the end it was a lot of good clean fun.

Jasonflz

I understand that completely. But where else would it go? DHS would seem to be the only place it could fit, but there are already so many pixar related attractions there...

Not necessarily. At the moment, TSMM is the only attraction in Pixar Place.

My idea is this; build the MI coaster and put the Laugh Floor as an accesible post show, like Turtle Talk.

TuffyCatt

I agree that it doesn't belong in Tommorowland, but I really enjoy the show. The interactive parts are what make it really fun. The first time I went, I texted a joke which made it into the show, which was a fun perk. And then the second time we saw the show on our most recent trip, my dad was "That Guy" which made the whole thing absolutely hilarious. I think they chose him because he was just "resting his eyes" at the beginning of the show, which meant it took him a moment to realize he was on the screen, making it all the more funny. As the show went on, however, he was definitely getting into it and smiling and waving at the camera whenever he was mentioned. And at the end of the show he got a "I was THAT GUY at Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor" sticker that he got to wear around for the rest of the day. All in all, lots of fun for all of us and one of those Disney experiences which made the day special. :D

Krack

I don't particularly like it, but my reasons are probably unusual ...

1. I don't really like or view Disney cartoons, and

2. It aggravates me when attractions based on the cartoons leave Fantasyland and encroach on the rest of the park.

Scuttle

This is one of the few attractions I have never done at WDW. I am going to make sure we do it on sunday when we go. Is it really good?

tabby

We did it last time and I was one of the people picked, i was the one where the monster reads my mind.

The look on my face when i flashed up on screen, apparently was a sight to behold.

I played it to the hilt though because what else can you do?:ROFLOL:

It was my own fault i think, i was wearing a giant floppy hat i bought in Animal kingdom the day before and i had a strapless top on, it looked like i was naked onthe screen!!!!;)

Pioneer Hall

This is one of the few attractions I have never done at WDW. I am going to make sure we do it on sunday when we go. Is it really good?

I usually find myself enjoying it, but a lot of it will depend on the people they choose from the crowd. My visit on Saturday night was awesome, when they picked someone who was so camera shy she kept d u c k ing down off the screen. They kept faking her out after that to make it seem that she wasn't on camera anymore. I think the attraction just got a bad rep because of its location. I don't like that it is in Tomorrowland, but that damage is already done. No reason not to an enjoy a decent attraction just because you don't like where they put it a few years ago.

dramamama

We love going to the last show of the night. It is a great way to end the day (before shopping in the emporium, that is). I just wish more people got into the show! The one time my husband got picked (that guy) I wasn't there because it was a school trip he was chaperoning - bummer! If people just let go a little and go with the moment it makes a better show for everyone. Kuddos to the CMs who do a super job with it.:sohappy:

coachwnh

In the Parks
No
love it. we try to get to it a few times each trip. love when they do the whole monsters inc story and need to speed it up at the end. the guys doing this show are very talented!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom