Monster Inc

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Mosters Early Numbers

Originally posted by JAY-ROD

Anybody know how much the movie made last night??

The AP will not have the early weekend total numbers till late tonight/really early moring...But I got ya this!!!

GO BEARS!!!! :sohappy:

From Bloomberg Newswire:

11/04 13:06

Disney-Pixar's `Monsters, Inc.' Debuts as No. 1 With $63.5 Mln
By Ron Day

Los Angeles, Nov. 4 (Bloomberg) -- Walt Disney Co. and Pixar Animation Studios' ``Monsters, Inc.'' opened as the top-selling movie in the U.S. and Canada with $63.5 million in ticket sales, the biggest opening for an animated film.

The take topped the $57.4 million grossed by the studios' ``Toy Story 2'' in its 1999 debut. Sony Corp.'s ``The One'' opened second with $20 million and Viacom Inc.'s ``Domestic Disturbance'' was third with $14.5 million.

``Monsters, Inc.'' continues Disney and Pixar's winning streak of hit computer-animated movies. ``Toy Story,'' ``Toy Story 2'' and ``A Bug's Life'' each grossed more than $150 million in the U.S. and Canada, with ``Toy Story 2'' bringing in about $246 million.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
More Monster Numbers

Just got this from Reuters:

11-04 0272 The top 10 movies at the U.S. box office

LOS ANGELES, Nov 4 (Reuters) - Following are the top 10 movies at the North American box office for the Nov. 2-4 weekend, according to studio estimates collected on Sunday by Reuters. Final data will be issued on Monday.

1 (*) Monsters, Inc. ............ $63.5 million
###

--------------
Also, Monsters is in 3,237 theaters across the United States and Canada....When it is all said and done and the final numbers are in, the PSA (per screen average) is going to just be insainly high for the weekend opener...
Gotta go...Bears game starts soon!

CYA

NowInc

Original Poster
Originally posted by mickeyfan

NowInc. -- I loved the "Birds" at the beginning, you did a great job!!

Heh...I can;t take ANY fraction of a credit for the story/design of "For the Birds"...But yeah...It is a great little film (its already over 2 years old...debeuted at SIGGRAPH back in july of 2000...amazing)

Melissa

Originally posted by NowInc
The Episode 2 Teaser was the biggest pile of pig poop I have had the misfortune of seeing. I am a HUGE Star Wars fan and felt completly cheated by the little (and trust me..it was VERY little...55 seconds) that I saw.

The ET trailer tho makes up for it...so don't be too bumbed :)

I don't know if you say the trailer for Star Wars in Meet Joe Black, but it sounds like it was done in the same way. I think it just makes people more interested. Trying to figure out what everything means. I know I was trying to figure out if the Queen was good or bad, I just could not get enough of it. I hear of people going just to see the teaser. It is all about Marketing, peeking everyone's interest without giving anything away!

NowInc

Original Poster
Well..the majority of people who were "looking forward" to the SW 2 trailer actually already know the story. (the books have been out for years)....

However...in ILM's defence....Trailers..and more accuratly Teasers (in this case) contain 95% UNFINISHED footage....The time budget given to the effects house wuold never allow for complete shots to be thrown into a pre-release sorta deal.

Im sure it will clean up at the box office just the same....I just felt a tad bit cheated by its cryptic form.

Chris

Has anyone noticed that the opening and closing credits are very similar to the old disney movies. While watching the opening credits, I felt like the animated 101 dalmations was about to start. Disney has had so many semi-box office successes lately, I wonder if this is an attempt to make a step back to what made the company a successful film maker. Just thought it was interesting - very retro Disney.

markymark

Originally posted by wdwmagic

Feb 2002 for the UK release :(

I read this and was SERIOUSLY fed up. But then I read this....

Originally posted by mickeyfan

Marky, sorry you have to wait so long before you see such a great movie in the UK!! If you want to see it sooner, fly to my house and I will take you!! :D

... and felt better :)

Goofster

Originally posted by Chris
Has anyone noticed that the opening and closing credits are very similar to the old disney movies. While watching the opening credits, I felt like the animated 101 dalmations was about to start. Disney has had so many semi-box office successes lately, I wonder if this is an attempt to make a step back to what made the company a successful film maker. Just thought it was interesting - very retro Disney.

I was thinking the same thing! I doubt it's got much to do w/ Disney. Probably the Pixar animators just thought it's be neat to do a retro opening.

Fantasia Fan

The opening credits were actually a nice set up for the movie. It contained a jazzy theme (which if you noticed, jazz did seem to have a place throughout the movie), set up the idea of the monsters and numerous doors. It was unexpected and different, which is not necessarily a bad thing. I doubt many people stayed around for the end of the credits but they had a comedic line in the credits, which you can likely guess if you think about movie credits and animals.

The list of in-jokes is probably too numerous to list but I won't do it here as not to spoil for those who haven't seen it. Let's just say that they pay a lot of homage to animation past.

Goofster

Originally posted by Fantasia Fan
The opening credits were actually a nice set up for the movie. It contained a jazzy theme (which if you noticed, jazz did seem to have a place throughout the movie), set up the idea of the monsters and numerous doors. It was unexpected and different, which is not necessarily a bad thing. I doubt many people stayed around for the end of the credits but they had a comedic line in the credits, which you can likely guess if you think about movie credits and animals.

The list of in-jokes is probably too numerous to list but I won't do it here as not to spoil for those who haven't seen it. Let's just say that they pay a lot of homage to animation past.

Lol, yeah that was pretty funny at the end credits. Me and my friends all stayed along hoping to see something cool.

Lance

I just saw Monsters Inc. I thought it was good, but no way was it better than the Toy Story movies. Monsters Inc. is definately worth it, I definately recommend it!

I loved the Episode II teaser, AWESOME!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom