Monster Inc. Roller Coaster

wdwmaniac

Original Poster
I the movie clips I saw them riding a door on a track. So why couldn't you turn that in to a roller Coaster? One were you have the track above you the door could be the seat and you could take a trip through Monstropis? What do you guys think?

disney2b

hey, just wondered who you were asking not trying to be rude,SOJI is deciding on lands right if thats who you were asking and we have to great roller coaster ideas, but we always work of an possible ideas.

Goofster

Yeah, wdwmaniac, sounds cool. I haven't seen that part of the preview yet. I'm sure more ideas will come when the movie is released.

You always wonder if the animators decided this movie was gonna be big and added a scene like that to the movie, just so It could spawn an incredible ride. That's the same thing I think about in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom when they ride the mine cars.

Disney2b, I'm sorry, but I don't understand your comment. I don't think the ride idea was directed at anyone in particular. The imagineering forum should and hopefully will continue to get posts. Some people that aren't involved in SOJI still have great ride ideas.

Lance

Originally posted by wdwmaniac
I the movie clips I saw them riding a door on a track. So why couldn't you turn that in to a roller Coaster? One were you have the track above you the door could be the seat and you could take a trip through Monstropis? What do you guys think?

That's a great idea.

How bout, you have it as a flying coaster. So the doors stand up strait in loading with seats on the doors. Then as you leave, the doors lay down on the track, so it's a flying coaster.

wdwmaniac

Original Poster
I don't really like the flying coaster idea even though it sounds cool. The Peveiws show more of a Volcano (Paramonts Kings Dominon) It's like your feet hang down.

To disney2b
I posted in the SOJI before I just haven't been on to help out much because I have tons of Homework and sports keep off the computer alot. I don't even get much time till weekends to go on this site.

woofboy111

When I saw that preview, I was thinking the same thing, about how it would make a great coaster. The only differnce with mine is that how it looked to me in the preview in some parts was a wild mouse. The track in the background seemed to be going back and forth, and then you saw the monsters going down some drops.

mickeyman

my idea is to take the the old 20,000 leagues attraction and create a whole montropolis and have it be sort of a big bad wolf kind of roler coaster like busch gardens. Maybe at the entrance to each row there is a door that opens instead of a handrail. Maybe a big wall at the station so you can't see the train until the door opens. :drevil:

disney2b

right now i'm thinking to make it that you are filming the scene and you are on an inverted roller coaster, still working the themeing and sstory line out. trying to finish the villian coaster first. just waiting for No Limits to come out this friday.

Chad

Chad's Idea

Sorry to butt in but I saw the movie, and came up with my own ideas for.

It wouldn't be so much a roller coaster, as it would be a fast moving dark ride...

The outside of the building would be the outside of Monsters, Inc, when you enter, you'd get to the loading area, the cars would look similar to the JIYI cars, but they'd enter from the back, and infront of the cars would be a movie screen, shwoing (while you're loading) the Scare (or now laugh) zone. It would be worked out to make it look as real as possible, for example, a real pipe going over your head would continue in the movie, and stuff like that. After everyone is loaded, sully and mike would come onto the screen.
"Welcome everyone to the Tour!" sully would say, holding a clipboard,"Here at Monsters Inc, we power the city with the laugter of children, and we're gonna share some of our techniques with you on this exclusive tour! First, we'll show you our patented door retrieval and sorting system..all of which is controlled by this control panel, whick mike is now holding.."

Mike would hold the controller up,"See, with this ingenius device, designed by yours truly..."
"Mike.." sully would say, all long and drawn out..
"Quiet big guy! You're ruining my moment...Anyways, with this, I can summon the door to any house all over the world, and send it back with our custom retrieval arms...Ahem..let me demonstrate.."
Mike would punch a few buttons, and when nothing happens, he starts getting mad, and begins pounding on it..
"Stupid thing!" suddenly, the humming of a motor can be heard..
"Uh-oh.." the big eyed critter would say, as an actual arm lower from the ceiling above your vehicles and picks the tour cars up, and suddenly turns them..
"Whoops.." he would say, as suddenly, the tour cars are whisked away into the door sorting room, you would dart around at top speeds of around 20 mph, wheels projecting the cars as you zoom by doors...Your car would turn,a nd it would seem like you are going to crash into a door, when it would open, and you'd end up in some child's bedroom in tahiti, only to reenter another closet door, end back up in the sorting room, and go into another door, and end up in Germany..You'd go through a series of 5 or 6 different rooms, zooming over children screaming as a tour car suddenly bombards their calm house. Near the end, you'd zoom through a monster laugh zone, and see monsters dodging and jumping out of the way, you'd go down a narrow corridor, and an AA of mike would be at the end, with the controller, cornered in the hallway with a tour car flying towards him, he would frantically be pushing buttons, trying to stop the arm, and right before you hit him, Ta da! It stops :) and lowers you back to the ground so you can exit.
Sully would join the scared mike and say,"Um..that compeltes the tour! Thankyou for visiting us here at Monsters Inc!"

This ride is fast enough for the average teenager, and yet, lacks the jerks, darkness and loud noises that would make it to scary for expectant mothers, small children, and grannies.

disney2b

yeah that would be cool except my top attraction of the land uses that same technology and more stuff too. the roller coaster is to be really fast like 25-35 maybe 40 no inversions. they actually make a roller coaster its at islands of adventure that resembles the car. it could even be like that. i had same idea for the ouside and inside too.

Chad

Great, then all I did is expand on your idea..Though still don't know about the high speeds, I mean, this was a kids movie...

disney2b

rockin roller coaster and space mountain both have little kids on them. and most the people that see it are all ages and just not kids. they had some good humor that kids dont pick up on

Chad

Yeah, I know it had kids on it. But there were also adults sitting outside of the ride who were too scared to go on it. There are exceptions to everything. But Rock n' roller coaster and ToT are not based on a children's product. The Twilight Zone was a more a mature show...You owuldn't want to scare 5 year olds with it..and Aerosmith is definetly a more adult band..so it's got a thrill ride..You wouldn't theme a dark ride to Aerosmith, now would you? (I can see it now..Aerosmith's magical trip through rehab!)
Anyways, all I'm saying is that it isn't too smart to theme a thrill ride after a movie that primarily is watched by youngsters, and by that I mean 4-7 year olds.. Who wouldn't even be tall enough for the type of ride you are talking about...

woofboy111

Originally posted by woofboy111
When I saw that preview, I was thinking the same thing, about how it would make a great coaster. The only differnce with mine is that how it looked to me in the preview in some parts was a wild mouse. The track in the background seemed to be going back and forth, and then you saw the monsters going down some drops.

I finally saw the movie. Forget what I said about the wild mouse idea.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom