Monsieur Paul

Tony the Tigger

We ordered from the regular menu. This was at least a few years ago, so the menu was different.

The food was exceptional, one of our best WDW meals. The atmosphere was slightly stuffy for me, but appropriate for our anniversary celebration.

MDB407

Some pics from my meal last Fall. One of the best meals I have ever had at WDW. Service was amazing, had a great view looking down at
the World Showcase Promenade. Ordered off the regular menu-Highly recommended.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Good...but overrated. I almost never do a prix fixe. So by rule I (my personal opinion) would stay away from that. It was an enjoyable experience.

I guess the way I could describe it is......a poor man's V&A. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. That being said - I think Narcoossee's is a better poor man's option.

Last edited:

EngineerMom

Original Poster
Thanks
We actually were planning on Victoria and Albert. We have gone a couple of times BUT the price is now double what we paid and ABSOLUTELY no choices. So we said forget it. We have eaten at Narcoossee’s and had a pleasant meal but for the price nothing to write home about. That time we were staying at th Grand Floridian. This time we’re at the Beach Club so was choosing something closer to there. Plus we have a family that likes French Food

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Thanks
We actually were planning on Victoria and Albert. We have gone a couple of times BUT the price is now double what we paid and ABSOLUTELY no choices. So we said forget it. We have eaten at Narcoossee’s and had a pleasant meal but for the price nothing to write home about. That time we were staying at th Grand Floridian. This time we’re at the Beach Club so was choosing something closer to there. Plus we have a family that likes French Food
Have you eaten at the Flying Fish after its refurbishment and menu refresh ?

EngineerMom

Original Poster
We are at Flying Fish about 6 years ago. I was considering that one. Memory was like Narcoossee’s good but we didn’t rush back there the next couple of trips.
It gets had for instance we ate at the top of the contemporary 12 years ago and did NOT like it. We thought the food was mediocre and the prices high for that. Based on what I have read it has changed as in new chef, etc. but my group is never keen to go back

Tony the Tigger

Thanks

We did V&A two years ago. It was fantastic, but we’ve had just as special-feeling meals at Monsieur Paul, Flying Fish before the refurb with wine pairings (don’t like it since the refurb) and Jiko. Tiffins is also very nice, more casual.

Haven’t tried Narcoose’s yet, I guess the menu didn’t wow me.

Side note: not sure if you mentioned when you were going, but the pairing luncheons at Food & Wine we’ve done have been very memorable!

But MP is definitely in that league of “special meals” IMO.

horizons82

Over the years I've made it to nearly all of the signature restaurants and MP was easily one of my absolute favorites.

It's been some time now since we've been, but the food was exceptional. We did not do the prix fixe because the items my wife and I wanted were not on the set menu, but I still get hungry every time I think of our meal there. I had a perfectly cooked filet with a sauce underneath that was absolutely decadent and incredible. I also remember these potatoes that were prepared in a way in which they were almost mousse-like in texture--enjoyed with a spoon, and had such a unique but fantastic flavor (I wish I could remember the preparation term). My wife thoroughly enjoyed her fish with the potato scales as well.

MP also has the advantage--IMHO--of being one of the better in-park restaurants because, unlike just about all of the other in-park restaurants, there is actually some space between tables and we didn't feel like we could hear conversations from nearby tables.

So while I'm unable to share anything regarding the set menu, I can say we were very impressed with our MP experience in terms of décor, service, food...everything.

(We were one of the first tables upon opening, which made for a romantic, quieter meal. By the time we were finishing the restaurant had filled up and was on the noisy side, so if you are wanting something more intimate consider an early dining time).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom