monorail troubles at mk tonight

cindy_k

Original Poster
We are waiting for the ferry after the fireworks/parade. The cast members are directing everyone to the ferry and buses because the monorails aren't runnng.

cheezbat

What on earth is going on with the Monorails lately? Every week I'm hearing more and more about breakdowns. It's ridiculous.

majorrfb

Nothing new here!!

What on earth is going on with the Monorails lately? Every week I'm hearing more and more about breakdowns. It's ridiculous.

During our last 2 visits, last Dec '10 and Feb. '11, the Monorail was down from the MK back to the TTC. We had to take the boats back and as luck would have it during both nights, the MK was packed. The "guests" were not happy campers. :hammer:

officeboy

Monorail up time seems pretty good to me. Considering the age of the fleet, being down 1 train, and the need to maximize cost versus maintenance I think the maintenance folks do a wonderful job.

It is unfortunate such a well used and loved form of transportation occasionally experiences trouble of some kind.

nelsonj3

We took the resort monorail to the TTC. Several others did as well. The ferry was lined up almost to the security stations at one point.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
Monorail up time seems pretty good to me. Considering the age of the fleet, being down 1 train, and the need to maximize cost versus maintenance I think the maintenance folks do a wonderful job.

It is unfortunate such a well used and loved form of transportation occasionally experiences trouble of some kind.

occasionally? Take off the rose colored glasses. Monorails go down several times a week and seem to be doing worse on holidays(coincidence I know). Xmas day there were people walking to TTC because rails went down and Ferrys were down due to weather.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
The amount of problems being reported seems to certainly be increasing. Not sure if this is just the case that more of us are "online" in the parks and can report it back, or whether there is a growing number of monorail problems.

mperry

Monorail outage

I was at the Magic Kingdom last Thursday ( June 30, 2011) we had to wait about 15 Min. For a new Monorail to be brought on the beam, I believe they were just adding a train to help with the crowd level ; but they would not load a train until they got the new Monorail on the beam.
The WDW monorail cast members are a proud dedicated group and always seems dedicated to safety. The train are showing there age may be getting close to the end of there run, but I rather be waiting on a Monorail at WDW then at work daydreaming about riding the monorail.

captainkidd

Occasional? Come on....It's literally on a daily basis there's some sort of problem.

This is a much bigger issue than just not getting to ride a fun mode of transportation. A lot of folks (myself included) pay big bucks to stay at a resort with monorail service. The monorail at one time was known to be the most "efficient" way of travel at WDW. Now, it's probably the least.

This is just another serious issue that Disney chooses to put a band-aid on as opposed to actually fixing.

officeboy

occasionally? Take off the rose colored glasses. Monorails go down several times a week and seem to be doing worse on holidays(coincidence I know). Xmas day there were people walking to TTC because rails went down and Ferrys were down due to weather.

Roes colored glasses? Maybe. Are you intimately familiar with the WDW monorail system? I ask this question with all sincerity. I never said the system was in good repair. I happen to agree with your sentiment.

If you call it rails you have some background or interest in the system. If you are aware of the current realities of the system your perspective is most perplexing. Please elaborate on your criticism.

officeboy

Occasional? Come on....It's literally on a daily basis there's some sort of problem.

This is a much bigger issue than just not getting to ride a fun mode of transportation. A lot of folks (myself included) pay big bucks to stay at a resort with monorail service. The monorail at one time was known to be the most "efficient" way of travel at WDW. Now, it's probably the least.

This is just another serious issue that Disney chooses to put a band-aid on as opposed to actually fixing.

I for one am surprised the monorail system works as well as it does. OK, shocked. When the x colored trains comes back online (if they quit using it for spare parts!) it will not help. There are at least 2 other trains in worse shape than it that really need the shop space. Trouble is they can't afford the down time with the summer rush. The system is broken. Has been since the tragedy in the skies happened. It will take a long time to recover from this. Even with new hardware I can't see the system being 'as we knew it' for a year or two at least. That assumes monies for Meg cigs are diverted.....

AlishaSimonLee

I think it is time to start running the parking lot trams all the way to the front gate of the Magic Kingdom. Monorails are great and all, but with my four children, they become more of an annoyance than anything having to transfer from the parking lot tram to the monorail just to get to the front gate.

Magic Kingdom is the hardest park to get to, and it takes the longest just to get out to your car after a long day in the park.

olinecoach61

I am a huge monorail fan and am really disappointed in their breakdowns. They are older machines and it may be time to replace them!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom