Monorail Silver

montyz81

Original Poster
I am not sure if this is a regular thing, but when I was down there 2 weeks ago, one of the drivers said that Monorail Silver was getting a new paint job. Does that mean it will be a new paint scheme or is it just freshening up the existing paint scheme. He also said it was getting new motors and new windshields. Is this normal maint or is something going on here. Am I trying to find something where it doesn't exist?

lpet11984

I am not sure if this is a regular thing, but when I was down there 2 weeks ago, one of the drivers said that Monorail Silver was getting a new paint job. Does that mean it will be a new paint scheme or is it just freshening up the existing paint scheme. He also said it was getting new motors and new windshields. Is this normal maint or is something going on here. Am I trying to find something where it doesn't exist?

I sure hope everything happens as stated (so long as they keep the current white with color stripe style)....it'd be so great to see the monorails get some lovin'.

automagic

The other day a cast member at the monorail station told me that some of the monorail trains were getting a new paint job because some of the original paint was chipped/damaged when they recently removed the "Year of a Million Dreams" decals. :shrug:

cooleo

:sohappy: Hooray for Monorail Silver!!! :sohappy: Let's hope it comes out looking nice & spiffy. Is it possible that they are adding the new interior railing configuration or was that already done? :shrug:

xsupaxmanxsfnex

So I'm still earning my WDWMagic Ears so this may seem like a dumb question but what is Monorail Silver? Is is justa monorail train with a single silver stripe?

lpet11984

It'll be kind of hard to see the new paint job from the inside, don't ya think?

:ROFLOL::hammer:

(Sorry, couldn't resist!)

:ROFLOL::wave: No problem, I can take it! :animwink: Now I just hope they don't cover up that new paint job with an ugly YOMD cover.... Someone take a picture quick before they get any ideas!

I meant more to see if they happened to change anything else on the inside of monorail silver...perhaps the new pole configuration or flooring, etc....?

Patsc85

All 12 monorails have had the new pole configuration for several months now. Silver is def looking shiny in the barn with the new paint!!

hpyhnt 1000

Excellent! Love this new attention being given to the monorail. Of course, this work kind of indicates that new trains probably aren't on the way. Still, good to see attention being given to keep the current trains looking nice. :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom