Monorail Question

DisneySam

Original Poster
I have a question for you experts! I am going to WDW in just a couple of weeks, how do you get to be the co-pilot and ride up front in the monorail? I would LOVE to do that. Any suggestions?

Thanks! [sorry if this has been posted before]

Cosmo

all you have to do is ask one of the CM's on the platform. They will let you ride up front with the driver. A max of 4 passengers are allowed.

The drivers will give you a co-pilot license after/during your trip!

have fun!

matthope03

It is actually quite easy to get up there too. If someone has already asked for the current monorail though you can always ask for the next one, most of the time people do not want to wait for the next one just to ride up front.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Cosmo is correct...just ask. Depending on when you are riding you might have to wait for a few trains before you can ride. IMHO the ride from the TTC to Epcot is by far the best. If you arrive at the TTC a little before the monorail starts running (7:00 or 8:00 AM) you can reduce your wait time.

WDWRLD

Even if the next Monorail if taken you can wait on another. The trip on the express is shortest, the resort is interesting with alot to see if you make the full loop, but the Epcot run either way is the longest and if you get the "right" pilot will offer the most inside information only because once its underway will have more free time to talk.

PBarton

Cosmo said:
The drivers will give you a co-pilot license after/during your trip!
Be sure to ask for the co-pilot license - We have managed to ride "upfront" several times and have never been given one, even though we have seen them in a holder on the wall behind the driver.

We will make sure to ask for one when we visit in May!

:sohappy:

MonoRon

Take the monorail going to Epcot when ROE is going on. Its pretty neat to see the fireworks going off when you pass by. Sure its only for a second but its still neat.

TTATraveler

I would definately ask to ride up front on the Epcot line. This will give you a longer ride in the cabin and great views as you travel between TTC and Epcot and around Epcot.

It must be awesome to sit up front and see ROE!! I must try that some time.

MissM

When we were at MK on Christmas Eve, we wanted to hop over to the Grand Floridian to see the Gingerbread house. So we went over in the middle of the day via the resort monorail. GF is the last stop so we got to enjoy quite a bit of time up front. It's just so neat to see everything from there. (I took some pictures that can be found here if you're curious.) Because it was the middle of the day and the resort line, it was no problem getting in right then. But if you're willing to wait for the next train, you can always get up front with ease. :)
-m

mrtoad

We did not get one either when we did it with my daughter and our driver was not too friendly. Never said a word to us at all. I hope to try again for her on this next trip.

PBarton said:
Be sure to ask for the co-pilot license - We have managed to ride "upfront" several times and have never been given one, even though we have seen them in a holder on the wall behind the driver.

We will make sure to ask for one when we visit in May!

:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom