MONORAIL EXPANSION COMING FOR EPCOT??

S 2

Original Poster
I was just wondering and kinda hoping that Disney might make a monorail infrastructure investment a part of their reinvestment into EPCOT that is HOPEFULLY coming after DHS and AK become full size parks. So I got to thinking, and this is FAN-ART, part rumor part sensical predictions (?), but here's what I was thinking:

WDW Transportation Reimagined.jpg

The design did its best to use existing track and roads to avoid having to develop swampland which could add to the cost. I also thought a little more should go into EPCOT so that the future begins upon parking (A futuristic parking pod near where the buses pickup could pick parking issues, maybe a connector to International Gateway?) and several lines could be seen joining towards Spaceship Earth as cars approach the parking. Also, the parking trams go into woods before re-emerging at the entrance. Walt was big on anticipation from the moment you arrived on the property and I tried to tap into that. It also bugs me all the existing parking at the TTC being so close to the lakes, even with the trees its a giant cement eyesore so I wish they would pull those back a little, make room for a few more resorts or even a fifth theme park (eventually, it IS already on there Master Plan in that area East of the current TTC). The park would then mirrors the MK on the opposite side of Bay Lake. What I envisioned though, was a "Walt Disney World Hotel" around that spot the way DL Has the Disneyland Hotel. and the next theme park south or southeast of it on the land north of EPCOT... This hotel would be the only able to link to any resort directly from the hotel lobby. All Premium/Moderate Resorts are linked in and I definitely think Disney would want Disney Springs to be on there somehow. I think an investment in an infrastructure of this scale, along with a Disney World Hotel and a new investment into EPCOT--A Sweden with a Matterhorn would be a start, (I'm nervous about a Guardians of the Galaxy anything in there I really hope they fit in some actual science and technology, a Tron coaster would be better in my opinion)... Animal Kingdom and DHS will both be full parks by then and be giving EPCOT a real run for its money...

WHAT DO YOU THINK!?!?

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I was just wondering and kinda hoping that Disney might make a monorail infrastructure investment a part of their reinvestment into EPCOT that is HOPEFULLY coming after DHS and AK become full size parks. So I got to thinking, and this is total FAN-ART and part rumor part sensical predictions, but here's what I was thinking:

View attachment 158039

The design did its best to use existing track and roads to avoid having to develop swampland which could add to the cost. I also thought a little more should go into EPCOT so that the future begins upon parking (A futuristic parking pod near where the buses pickup could pick parking issues, maybe a connector to International Gateway?) and several lines could be seen joining towards Spaceship Earth as cars approach the parking. Also, the parking trams go into woods before re-emerging at the entrance. Walt was big on anticipation from the moment you arrived on the property and I tried to tap into that. It also bugs me all the existing parking at the TTC being so close to the lakes, even with the trees its a giant cement eyesore so I wish they would pull those back a little, make room for a few more resorts or even a fifth theme park (eventually, it IS already on there Master Plan in that area East of the current TTC). The park would then mirrors the MK on the opposite side of Bay Lake. What I envisioned though, was a "Walt Disney World Hotel" around that spot the way DL Has the Disneyland Hotel. and the next theme park south or southeast of it on the land north of EPCOT... This hotel would be the only able to link to any resort directly from the hotel lobby. All Premium/Moderate Resorts are linked in and I definitely think Disney would want Disney Springs to be on there somehow. I think an investment in an infrastructure of this scale, along with a Disney World Hotel and a new investment into EPCOT--A Sweden with a Matterhorn would be a start, (I'm nervous about a Guardians of the Galaxy anything in there I really hope they fit in some actual science and technology, a Tron coaster would be better in my opinion)... Animal Kingdom and DHS will both be full parks by then and be giving EPCOT a real run for its money...

Nice idea, but this is not news or even rumor.

Addressing the 5th theme parks; the Master plan allows for a 5th park within the plan, but it is not meant to document what they actually plan to build.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I was just wondering and kinda hoping that Disney might make a monorail infrastructure investment a part of their reinvestment into EPCOT that is HOPEFULLY coming after DHS and AK become full size parks. So I got to thinking, and this is FAN-ART, part rumor part sensical predictions (?), but here's what I was thinking:

View attachment 158045

WHAT DO YOU THINK!?!?
If wishes were horses....

Otherwise, as you've seen in the other defunct threads, no.

S 2

Original Poster
Disneyland wasn't realistic, it was just a WHAT IF, it will eventually happen one expansion at a time was just trying to imagine what the ultimate idealized plan might look like...

S 2

Original Poster
All the parks will connect by monorail eventually, its just a question of how and how long...

S 2

Original Poster
like a century, I know but what what about 2030? 2040? Its possible if theres a bounce back after the new expansions of Avatarland and Star Wars Land and Pixar Place, Zika is under control or gone, and the economy continues to grow... EPCOT had to be their next target and why not make a monorail expansion part of that like Walt wanted...

mousehockey37

View attachment 158045

WHAT DO YOU THINK!?!?
No.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom