Monorail bad show

Communicore

Original Poster
Check this out:
image.jpg

image.jpg

maxairmike

While that is bad (and I've been annoyed with the lack of upkeep for the monorail cars), I can understand that surviving a few laps during a rush period (the morning or evening), as there's really no time to check the cars and if no one alerts a CM, then it won't get caught. However if that stays like that the whole day with or without it being pointed out to a CM, then that's a problem.

Also, the post above me is spot on as well. Take care of your own darn trash!

horizons82

For me, this symbolizes what is a much larger overall problem at the parks...

There seems to be a growing issue with guests feeling like they should be able to do whatever they want, be it leaving trash around, not obeying to safety instructions (like staying back behind the lines for the trams, etc.), and just having no sense of courtesy in general towards the CMs or even to other guests.

All of this leads to over-stressed and less-respected CMs, who get more and more frustrated by having to deal with guests who feel like they have a right to do whatever they want. In turn, the CMs end up being less-friendly and almost have to be militaristic in their attitudes before people actually listen to instructions. If I were a CM I'd be totally annoyed by this scene on the monorail because it shouldn't have happened, but I'd also be sure to clean it up.

It all makes for an atmosphere that is less magical than it should be, and is something that COULD be helped if people just acted with a little more couth.

I'm not saying things like this happen all of the time, but there is no worse way to start what is supposed to be a magical day at the parks than having to hear the parking lot tram CMs repeat and repeat to the point of having to yell to get people to stay behind the lines before the tram can move...it's exasperating! Things like this monorail scene will continue to get worse as long as people have less and less respect for themselves and for others when in public and in the parks.

I'd like to think this photo is an isolated incident, but from plenty of personal experience in the parks I can say that it is unfortunately not.

Last edited:

horizons82

I didn't get the impression the OP was being ironic.

I'll admit that the circumstances in this particular monorail pic are unknown, so it might just be something that had just happened and it hadn't yet been seen by a CM to clean it, or it might have been sitting there for hours and hours either ignored or unseen by a CM.

There's no way to know which is the case, but I do think it is certainly a snapshot of a larger problem that does seem to be occurring at WDW.

And while I'll agree that it could simply be some innocent remnants of an excited kid who left those things there, I'd expect the more responsible parents to pick up after them.

cw1982

And while I'll agree that it could simply be some innocent remnants of an excited kid who left those things there, I'd expect the more responsible parents to pick up after them.

Unfortunately, I don't think the parents are much more responsible than the kids. I see kids leave trash like that laying around all the time in classrooms and in the hallway, even when a trash can is just a few feet away. Clearly the parents are not teaching kids to respect others' property and to throw their trash away, because these pictures just didn't surprise me. I wish I could say otherwise. Very irritating.

Soarin' Over Pgh

That's really nothing compared to the photos of how filthy the monorail interiors are, in general. I do agree that people should take responsibility for themselves (and their children!) and it feels that at WDW they don't bother to. It's like all manners and responsibility and respect go out the window because "we're on vacation".

rob0519

That's really nothing compared to the photos of how filthy the monorail interiors are, in general. I do agree that people should take responsibility for themselves (and their children!) and it feels that at WDW they don't bother to. It's like all manners and responsibility and respect go out the window because "we're on vacation".
If you herd people around like cattle in crowded spaces that are in need of a serious cleaning or refurbishment there seems to be little incentive for the general public to care how they act or respect your property.

cw1982

So some little kid accidentally left a danish sitting on the monorail. That does happen everywhere in the known universe where there are kids.

Was the OP being serious? Or ironic?

How do you know it was a little kid? I work with high schoolers and see this kind of thing day in and day out. Sad but true.

thomas998

I suspect that for some it is related to the amount of money they are paying... at some point in the minds of some people when the cost reaches a certain point they rationalize that for what they are paying someone else should pick up the trash or whatever.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom