Money!

WDWVolFan

It depends on what you wanna do. If you are going to stick to the meal plan and not shop a lot, you can get away with $500 for a week. If you are staying for two weeks and plan to shop a lot, then it will be way more.

eliza61nyc

lol welcome Ashley.
When my family and I first started going to disney we would go on line and make our "dream vacation". We would pick all the things we really wanted to do and try, places we wanted to eat and the hotel. then we would price it out. :greedy::greedy:
After the sticker shock wore off we then would pick the "must do's" from the "if the budget allows".

These are the things we considered (and still do when planning most vacations)

1) since we generally traveled during the hot months, resorts were uber important to us. we are not the type to go to the parks from dawn to dusk commando style. so we loved to stay at the deluxes. that was always a big chunk of our budgets.
2) The people at Disney are smart cookies, ;) ever notice how every rides dumps you into a gift shop?? we knew that souvenirs could quickly kill the budget. With our kids, each kid got 1 souvenir. we made them wait until we hit every park in order to alleviate buyers remorse. (generally this ran us ~120 bucks)
3) we budgeted 100 per person per day for food. Now rarely, rarely did we spend that much. since you are on a quick service plan, I would at least budget for 2 sit down meal if you are going for a week.
4) we also budget 200 bucks for "incidentals". lol come one, you have to at least get some mickey bars or a dole whip.

I know it may seem like a lot but our philosophy on vacation is always better to have more than less. Disney is our weakness, lol while we try to rein in the kids "can I have"'s, I don't want to go on vacation and have to say no every single time.

happy planning.

jimbojones

Hey!
So I haven’t been to Disney since 2009. How much money do you think is enough. We also have the quick service plan!

Thanks so much!
Everything you have plus 10%.

Ok seriously for a family of 4 I figure on 200 per day for food and misc expenditures depending on the kids ages. When it was just my wife and I we'd budget $100 a day for food and what not. With a quick service I'd figure on $40 per person per day for some food and misc expenses. I always budget conservatively, I'd rather spend less than I planned than get in financial trouble for spending more than I can afford.

John park hopper

How much is enough; whatever you bring it's never enough. Seriously, as others have posted we budget ~$100 /person for food if not on the meal plan, we drive to WDW so we bring breakfast food-- cereal, milk, fruit as on site resorts have minifrigs. If you have kids (ours are grown) souvenirs will have to be factored in. Incidentals in the park--- snacks, drinks, the occational adult beverage (calm the nerves) $200-$250 for the week. Only you know what your vacation expectations.

Allym146

By yourself, on a dining plan, not much. I just came back from a 5 day trip(3 park days). I also had quick service plan and my balance at checkout was ~$110. That was a few drinks and souvenirs. I only paid out of pocket(gc)for 2 meals. One was $60 and the other $25.

I purchased $175 in gift cards ahead of time so I would stay within a limit(went over by ~$20). It wasnt hard, although I'm not a big shopper. I mean...sure I could have bought more, I just don't.

eliza61nyc

My mom is taking care of my brother and sister so I just need money for my self. :)
ok so do a mental check of yourself when you go out to have fun.

Are you the type that likes souvenirs? lol, for some reason I'm a pajama gal. I know no matter what I'm going to get me some type of Pj's. lately it's been from the Canada pavillion but you get my drift.

Add in a nice surprise for brother and sister. Hey come on give mom a treat, spring for a pre fireworks dessert for everyone. go on allears.net and you can get the price for most every type of food in the parks.

oh I forgot, pictures!! now that my youngest is away at college whenever we go he buys one picture of all of us.

basically try and think of the things you like to do that you don't want to stress about if you can afford it and save for that.

JIMINYCR

Over many trips weve found budgeting and saving $100 a day for extras works. We dont always spend the daily amount and come home with a savings but its there if we want to treat ourselves. The amount someone need varies and depends on how much you want to splurge on yourself and others. Theres always snacks that tempt you throughout the parks and kiosks and gift shops with items that range greatly in price. No matter what you save and bring, you need to be selective and monitor your spending.

John C. Shepherd

Spending is all in the eye of the beholder. We budget so much for meals, if no plan. Then we budget so much per day spending per person. Try to keep things to a minimum till the end. We also purchased Gift cards from sam's club to disney for my kids, this way they had money but no cash to loose.
We will do the same when we do next time but it will be more gift cards for spending at the resort.

POLY LOVER

Spending is all in the eye of the beholder. We budget so much for meals, if no plan. Then we budget so much per day spending per person. Try to keep things to a minimum till the end. We also purchased Gift cards from sam's club to disney for my kids, this way they had money but no cash to loose.
We will do the same when we do next time but it will be more gift cards for spending at the resort.
Is there any savings on the sams club gift cards?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
So your mom has taken care of the resort room, tickets and dining plan? Or are you covering your 1/4 of the total package cost? You didn't indicate when you will be traveling. Plan on covering any alcoholic beverages out of pocket. And at Disney prices. Above and beyond your share of the package costs, I'd plan on spending $75 per day to cover additional food and snacks (your plan only provides two QS credits and a snack per person per night), alcohol, and souvenirs. If you are driving, stop by a Wal-Mart or other store to pick up things like snacks and bottled water. You don't want to use one of those snack credits for a bottle of water.

BigDave

Start buying Disney gift cards now, here and there. It will add up.

Always nice to bring a bottle of something for the hotel when you get back after a long day at the parks. Snacks, granola bars, etc too. Just a few ways to save money. I bring in a backpack with a few things in to help in long lines. Gum- they don't sell anywhere on property.

But you will want to have enough money saved for "must do" items. Mickey Waffles one morning, a great gift, gran mariner orange slushy in Epcot (mmmmm),a signature dinner, etc. YOLO....enjoy your trip.

And act like a kid...meet your characters, get that picture, dance like no one is watching, tear up during the fireworks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom