Mom wants childless couples banned from WDW

bigrigross

To those who think the kidless are ruining or making the parks more crowded, I think the kidless already have a disadvantage for not having kids with them. I am not saying that they are ignored. Maybe it is just me, but I feel those with kids get better better preferential treatment than those who do not.

My wife and I are childless and we just had a large family trip that had 2 kids with us. I cant agree with that. (I should say before continuing that we dont wait in line for characters in the park except at launch bay, we do character buffets and such so it may be different) We saw no difference in how the characters interact with us versus when we had the two kids with us except for the parades. With the parades, the dancers do seem to interact with the kids more. Which is how it should be. But for any character dining, we have had some amazing interactions with them. I think it just depends on how energetic the guest and how engaging they want to be. It seems like most of the characters pretty good intuition on who not to interact with. I have been annoyed with getting a call from work during my vacation during breakfast and I was pretty miffed and both Pluto and Stitch let me be but interacted with my wife.

I get chastised at work because I go on 2 week long vacations to Disney. Co-workers on site call me childish or ask why dont I take real vacations and such. People also fail to realize how much adult stuff is available at Disney.

ninjaprincesst

Yes you are ignored and why shouldn't you be? Sorry I'm a grown adult and I don't need a picture with Peter Pan especaily if I'm making kids wait forever. If the character is there and not much else going on then sure get a pic but if there is a 30 minute wait, let the kids get the pics with the characters and you get out of line.
I paid the same amount (actually more) than the kids so if I want my picture with Peter Pan I'm getting it no matter what the wait or how many kids are in line.

huwar18

Yes you are ignored and why shouldn't you be? Sorry I'm a grown adult and I don't need a picture with Peter Pan especaily if I'm making kids wait forever. If the character is there and not much else going on then sure get a pic but if there is a 30 minute wait, let the kids get the pics with the characters and you get out of line.

I’m sorry. Everybody is paying to go to Disney. People with children need to wait like everyone else in the park.

huwar18

My wife and I are childless and we just had a large family trip that had 2 kids with us. I cant agree with that. (I should say before continuing that we dont wait in line for characters in the park except at launch bay, we do character buffets and such so it may be different) We saw no difference in how the characters interact with us versus when we had the two kids with us except for the parades. With the parades, the dancers do seem to interact with the kids more. Which is how it should be. But for any character dining, we have had some amazing interactions with them. I think it just depends on how energetic the guest and how engaging they want to be. It seems like most of the characters pretty good intuition on who not to interact with. I have been annoyed with getting a call from work during my vacation during breakfast and I was pretty miffed and both Pluto and Stitch let me be but interacted with my wife.

I get chastised at work because I go on 2 week long vacations to Disney. Co-workers on site call me childish or ask why dont I take real vacations and such. People also fail to realize how much adult stuff is available at Disney.

That’s my biggest pet peeve. I can’t stand when people ask why you go to Disney. My Wife and I went to Disney every year (sometimes twice) before we had our kids. I go to Disney because I like it. :p

Graham9

Being childless is not always a choice for some people. That said, if people choose to be childless, that is entirely up to them and something which is their business and not anyone else's. We go to a lot of parks and are childless and we usually have a great time at Disney. If some stupid moronic person has the nerve to approach me and complain I shouldn't be there because of something which I may not have any choice over, or something I have made a life-decision about, they are going to get a mouthful. Regardless if I have children or not - I go to parks to be entertained and to enjoy myself, and that is my choice and nobody else's. My private life is my business, as is where I go, what I do, what I spend my money on and what happens when it comes to "enlarging my gene pool".

danyoung56

Well, that's one creative way of cutting down on crowds. Another way would be to ban anyone under, say, 14 from visiting the parks. Let us adults have the place!

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru

Sorry dad.

Janir

The rant is old and one thing. The NYT op ed is something else.
Yeah, while I may have my issues with millennials, that was just outright wrong to target them for their love of a fandom they enjoy from their childhood. We Gen X'ers and older made them what they are.

Club Cooloholic

I never had an opportunity to go to Disneyland as a young child. My first time was 13. I went several times with and with out family during my teens. I pretty sure as a teen I may have left people with un-magical moments from my antics. During my teens going with my GF at the time, having some college age group making us sick from passing some nasty gas, in the que to a ride, probably help make people think not families with out kids should be banded. Going with my future wife in our twenties, I did notice a stigma being kidless. When random characters used to walk around the place, and people would not line up but create a rough who goes first, and one group per side. I found in my old pictures that the character would favor looking at the kids side of the photo is we were sharing the character. If we were waiting for our turn, they usually waved the kids over first. The first time we made money for a trip as a family my daughter was 10, and I swear characters would pose with us more than with out her.
To those who think the kidless are ruining or making the parks more crowded, I think the kidless already have a disadvantage for not having kids with them. I am not saying that they are ignored. Maybe it is just me, but I feel those with kids get better better preferential treatment than those who do not.
I think it depends on who the characters are. Not to be funny but it is people dressed in sweaty uniforms, you and I know it but for some kids that IS Donald Duck standing in front of them.

Ricky Spanish

She forgot Gen Xers. I'm 41 and go to Disney all the time with the sole purpose of making children cry by eating my pretzel in peaceful, solitary glee. Mwahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa!!!
image.jpeg

Janir

I'm pretty lucky in that regard. I've let my Disney Freak Flag fly at work and no one bats an eye. Even found some others at work with some similar WDW vacation love. One's a DVC member. The boss WANTED to be a DVC member, but just can't afford it right now. So I'm at least pretty luck at work that I don't get any flack about it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom