modifying reservation after the offer has ended

Disney Stine

Hi everyone,
I've recently booked the free dining offer for July. Right now I'm positive about my dates currently booked, but I was wondering if something comes up and you have to modify your dates after an offer has ended, are you able to or do you lose out on your offer?

Example - The dining offer ends Feb 10th, if I have an original reservation booked the first week of August and decide in March I want to change to mid July, would my reservation turn into a regular package and have to pay for dining OR will Disney keep my offer (the free dining) and just make me pay for the change in hotel/ticket prices?

Please let me know if anyone has experience with this, thanks!

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Hi everyone,
I've recently booked the free dining offer for July. Right now I'm positive about my dates currently booked, but I was wondering if something comes up and you have to modify your dates after an offer has ended, are you able to or do you lose out on your offer?

Example - The dining offer ends Feb 10th, if I have an original reservation booked the first week of August and decide in March I want to change to mid July, would my reservation turn into a regular package and have to pay for dining OR will Disney keep my offer (the free dining) and just make me pay for the change in hotel/ticket prices?

Please let me know if anyone has experience with this, thanks!

I believe so long as the original reservation number is not canceled you are good to go. I don’t know what happens if you decide to change resorts in the likely chance the new dates are not available at your current resort. I believe the allotment of free dining rooms is a rather small one and they tend to sell out quickly.

Upvote 0

DisAl

I think you would be ok as long as you don't move outside the offer dates. For example if an offer is for stays beginning August 1 and you move you stay to July 1 you would probably loose the offer.

Upvote 0

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
It depends if they have availability on the dates that you are looking to move to. I have had to change dates before and sometimes they still have the discount available for my new dates, sometimes they don't. They only set a certain amount of rooms that have the discount available at each resort and once they are gone for those dates, they are gone.

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
If you need to change dates or hotel after a promo such as free dining ends you can as long as there is still availability under that promo. If you are going from a Value to Value or a Moderate to a Moderate and so forth the reservations CM's can do that. If you are switching from a Value to a Moderate or deluxe then guest services will need to take care of that since the codes will then change due to the fact that you get free quick service with the value and the others is the plus dine. Hopefully that explains it for you

Pam

Upvote 0

Disney Stine

Original Poster
Thanks everyone! I appreciate the answers.

One more question... I know when you book Cinderella's Royal Table you prepay in full at the time of booking the reservation. How does that work with the dining plan? Do you still prepay and they refund you after the meal or do you somehow "use" your credits before the trip even starts.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the answers.

One more question... I know when you book Cinderella's Royal Table you prepay in full at the time of booking the reservation. How does that work with the dining plan? Do you still prepay and they refund you after the meal or do you somehow "use" your credits before the trip even starts.

[If your experience is like ours, albeit from 2014]: They will refund you after the meal, if you use your DDP credits to pay for it when the check is presented to you. Disney doesn't want to assume that just because you have the DDP, you'll be using your credits for that particular meal, so they require prepayment ahead, just as if you didn't have the DDP. [Again, this is how it worked for us in 2014. If the policy has changed, I'm sure someone will hop in and clarify.]

Note that it's not unusual, however, for them to ALSO pre-deduct the DDP credits for a "prepayment required" meal a day or two before your reservation, but if you end up paying out of pocket, those credits will go back into your DDP. (We had this happen with the Hoop-Dee-Doo before, another meal for which you must prepay -- we suddenly saw our TS credit totals plummet on our second vacation day for no discernible reason, but Guest Services explained that the deducted credits were for the HDD meal we had booked for the following night. They said that if we ended up paying for the HDD meal out of pocket, those credits would be refunded to our DDP. There was a long, convoluted explanation for why they did it that way, but I no longer remember the specifics.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
If you need to change dates or hotel after a promo such as free dining ends you can as long as there is still availability under that promo. If you are going from a Value to Value or a Moderate to a Moderate and so forth the reservations CM's can do that. If you are switching from a Value to a Moderate or deluxe then guest services will need to take care of that since the codes will then change due to the fact that you get free quick service with the value and the others is the plus dine. Hopefully that explains it for you

Pam

Pam, I thought they changed the dining plan now so that values and moderates get the QS dining plan, and only deluxes get the Table version?

Or is that just in the U.K.?

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Pam, I thought they changed the dining plan now so that values and moderates get the QS dining plan, and only deluxes get the Table version?

Or is that just in the U.K.?
Yes you are correct. They have multiple codes that they have to use when going from a value to a moderate or deluxe. It's when it goes from a value to a value, or a moderate to a moderate, or a deluxe to a deluxe that is the easiest for the CM's. Otherwise guest services needs to help. Sorry if my post was confusing...

Pam

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
CRT, HDD, the Luau and MBYBBQ should be called in to book with a dining plan. If you try to book it on your my disney experience it is going to ask for payment up front. The number to call dining directly is 407-939-3463

Pam

Upvote 0

Disney Stine

Original Poster
Thank you, that is all so helpful!

I've been reading Disney's wording for their cancellation policy and I just want to make sure I'm understanding fully...

I currently have a package (hotel room, park tickets, and dining). I had to pay the $200 deposit at time of booking.
If I cancel MORE than 30 days before the trip, then I am refunded my $200 deposit and not charged any fees?
If I pay my entire balance and then cancel the trip MORE than 30 days before the trip, I get my whole balance refunded?

Does Disney make you keep and pay for your park tickets that are part of your package or is that included in the refund within the appropriate time frame?

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

I've been reading Disney's wording for their cancellation policy and I just want to make sure I'm understanding fully...

I currently have a package (hotel room, park tickets, and dining). I had to pay the $200 deposit at time of booking.
If I cancel MORE than 30 days before the trip, then I am refunded my $200 deposit and not charged any fees?
If I pay my entire balance and then cancel the trip MORE than 30 days before the trip, I get my whole balance refunded?

Does Disney make you keep and pay for your park tickets that are part of your package or is that included in the refund within the appropriate time frame?
Packages are completed refunded outside of 30 days, tickets are never separated from a package

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor

Your tickets are a part of your package so the room, tickets and dining portion of the package will be cancelled. Yes it must be cancelled by 31 days prior to the start of your trip to get a full refund and not be charged any fees. Please be sure to cancel any dining that you may have made because that does not auto cancel. You will need to go into your my disney experience or call Disney dining to do that.

Pam

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom