Modern Family - Disneyland

Blueliner

Original Poster
Modern Family is one of my favorite shows currently on television. I was pleasantly surprised to stumble upon this on www.TVguide.com:

Season 3, Episode 22

Episode Synopsis: The entire Pritchett clan go to Disneyland, where Phil has trouble keeping up with Luke; Claire is surprised by an encounter with Dylan; Jay and Gloria debate suitable footwear; and Mitchell and Cameron cope with Lily's recent inclination to run anywhere at anytime.

Original Air Date: May 9, 2012

Guest Cast Sarah Baker: Twins' Mom Reid Ewing: Dylan Matt Prokop: Ethan

I think this ought to be agood one!

ChristianG

I remember seeing pictures of them filming it sometime around One More Disney Day.
I love Modern Family, so I can't wait to see this.

WDWFigment

We were there while they were shooting. I have a lot of (relatively crumby) photos of it. Here's one:

DSC_9252asSmartObject-1copy.jpg

Sarah was enamored with the filming, so we watched it for a while. It was interesting to see on-location shooting.

minniemickeyfan

Special announcement?

From the Disney Parks Blog May 7th:
"...and I just got word that during the show, Disney Parks fans will want to pay especially close attention, as we’ll be debuting a brand-new advertisement for the very first time!"

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...he-disneyland-resort-plus-a-tune-in-surprise/

So anyone think this is just a new advertisement or some kind of "tune-in-surprise" as they are calling it where there could be something special announced?

From the Disney Parks Blog May 7th:
"...and I just got word that during the show, Disney Parks fans will want to pay especially close attention, as we’ll be debuting a brand-new advertisement for the very first time!"

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...he-disneyland-resort-plus-a-tune-in-surprise/

So anyone think this is just a new advertisement or some kind of "tune-in-surprise" as they are calling it where there could be something special announced?

I didn't see anything new only a carsland commercial.

RonAnnArbor

It was definitely the Cars Land commercial -- but it showed nothing...

Good episode, probably one of their best...mostly because this show always manages to catch what really happens in families -- despite the bizarro shoe thing...I found myself laughing several times at the irony....

Blueliner

Original Poster
Attn: Mild Spoilers

Mild Spoilers Included

Great Episode! I think they did a fantastic job of incorporating the Disneyland setting without overdoing it. I thought Jay's back story about taking Claire and Mitchell and staying married until they were grown also was well done.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I love this show. It's never anything less than brilliant, and this week's episode was no exception. I love how they managed to include things like the kid on a rope debate, appropriate theme parks shoes, and the perils of large group touring. There were so many brilliant one liners-

"I haven't been stared at this much since I forgot my canvas bags at Whole Foods."

"It's Toontown, not Toonton. You've been watching too much PBS."

"You don't look very happy for a kid who is flying in an elephant."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom