Rumor MNSSHP Updates

Cosmic Commando

What kind of candy did they have before? We've only been to on MNSSHP and that was last year, and all the candy was the typical candy you'd get trick or treating. Didn't seem cheap to me at all.
It started out name brand, then took a dive circa 2010 or so IIRC, but I think I've heard reports that good candy has come back. Didn't Werther's start sponsoring the trick-or-treat around the time they opened the shop in Epcot? I think that was just before the return of the name brand candy. Old timers also tell tales that they used to hand out large candy bars on the way out of the party, but that was before my time. I will try to search the forums later.

ToTBellHop

It started out name brand, then took a dive circa 2010 or so IIRC, but I think I've heard reports that good candy has come back. Didn't Werther's start sponsoring the trick-or-treat around the time they opened the shop in Epcot? I think that was just before the return of the name brand candy. Old timers also tell tales that they used to hand out large candy bars on the way out of the party, but that was before my time. I will try to search the forums later.
Name brand, plentiful candy since 2015, at least.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member

Oh, yeah, it was definitely name brand in 2018. Plenty of snickers and kit kats and other chocolates, skittles, etc. Very typical of what you'd get walking around your neighborhood.

ToTBellHop

Just be happy we don't have the rubbish "fireworks" at Disneyland. Just watched their live stream of that nonsense and I was like
MOaeLUj.gif

janoimagine

What kind of candy did they have before? We've only been to on MNSSHP and that was last year, and all the candy was the typical candy you'd get trick or treating. Didn't seem cheap to me at all.
They had Ghiradelli for one, I remember walking out at the end of the party (the first one my wife and I attended around 08') and the were giving out full sized bars ... fast forward to last year and it was the same lower end crap you can get at your local supermarket.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
They had Ghiradelli for one, I remember walking out at the end of the party (the first one my wife and I attended around 08') and the were giving out full sized bars ... fast forward to last year and it was the same lower end crap you can get at your local supermarket.

Unpopular opinion: Reece's cups are exponentially better than anything Ghirardelli makes....

TTA94

Any idea why they haven’t announced the name of the Halloween Fireworks?
I was listening to the song from the Descendants movie called “Ways To Be Wicked” and part of the lyrics are “Happily Ever After With A Little Flavor”.... I thought to myself that could work as the main song lol.

ToTBellHop

Any idea why they haven’t announced the name of the Halloween Fireworks?
I was listening to the song from the Descendants movie called “Ways To Be Wicked” and part of the lyrics are “Happily Ever After With A Little Flavor”.... I thought to myself that could work as the main song lol.
Because three people care what mixture of Chapek-approved words they choose? “Mickey’s Spooktastic Magic Nighttime Spectacular: A Ghoulish Festival of Booms in the Sky with Mickey & Friends & 3 Villains Who Sort of Take Over the Park for 3 Minutes—Sponsored by Nestlé”

TTA94

Because three people care what mixture of Chapek-approved words they choose? “Mickey’s Spooktastic Magic Nighttime Spectacular: A Ghoulish Festival of Booms in the Sky with Mickey & Friends & 3 Villains Who Sort of Take Over the Park for 3 Minutes—Sponsored by Nestlé”

Based off the new Christmas show name I’m not holding much hope for a good name for Halloween either lol. Just hope both shows will be a worthy replacement despite the naming lol.

Jon81uk

This was our candy haul last year at MNSSHP, and you can see there's plenty of "name brand" good quality candy in it: View attachment 358206

If for some reason you can't see it, M&M's, Snickers, Starburst, skittles, life savers (gummies), 3 Musketeers, almond Joy and more

The party has been sponsored by Mars & Wrigley. When we went three years ago it was a lot of M&M, Skittles and Snickers, but not much other variety except Peeps. Lifesavers and Skittles are a Wrigley brand. M&Ms, Milky Way and Snickers are Mars brands.
There are no Almond Joy in your picture and they are a Hershey's brand so won't feature while there is still the Mars/Wrigley agreement with Disney.

Last edited:

wserratore1963

We just booked MNSSHP for August 30th. We gave up on trying to get any reservations in SWGE. Im sure this will more crowded than usual but hopefully a lot of fun.
Does anyone know if the schedule of Shows/Parades/Fireworks is out?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom